Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 31
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Ric Capucho:
    Great reading piece. Enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work.

Lou Snutt
    Malfunction Junction, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by steve12345 View Post
    I think that this parnis model is offered with a myota movement for $30 more. I am wondering which movement the watch has. I think you said the movement was rare according to the watchsmith that you brought it to.
    Hi steve12345,

I belive the watch I have has a Chinese movement in it. The watchsmith I went to just played around a few minutes with the watch as he doesn't want to charge me to open the watch up and fiddle with it. He has seen this model before, hence his comment about the movement.

I don't belive this model come with miyota movement but I could be wrong. At least when I was looking at this watch to purchase, I don't see this model has option for miyota movement.

Cheers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D. View Post
    I know what you're saying, but this is a a "top -end" model. It has the Miyota super reliable movement, sapphire glass, and just feels very well put together. I have another, cheaper Parnis, and the build quality difference is easily worth the extra money - Hope this helps you. Also, I'm wondering if this particular model is a limited edition? i ask as mine has the nuber 187 engraved on the back of the case, whereas the only other pictures I've seen feature different 3 digit numbers. ATB, Matt.
    I don't want to take anything away from the watch, because as I said I'd love one myself. However, I do think they are very overpriced. I have one of Parnis' unbranded 43mm subs, which looks to me as though it shares exactly the same case as the homage Black Bay. The sub also has sapphire glass and a ceramic bezel, but probably a Chinese movement, that hacks and hand winds and keeps excellent time. I picked up the sub homage on Ebay for $70 delivered, so I'm not sure how they justify $200 for the BB homage when a Miyota movement can be added for an extra $30.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lumo likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Casertano69 View Post
    I bought this model Parnis few days ago...despite the reserve indicator marks 30 or 25 hours the watch often stops after just 12-15 hours..This problem may depend on what?..the watch is new condition..
    Not being fully wound.

Quote Originally Posted by dfl3506 View Post
    Not being fully wound.
    No dear friend,the indicator in the power reserve was at full charge(40 hours)...Yesterday I didi wear the watch for all the sunday,I removed the watch from the wrist about at 10,00 p.m.(full charge indicator)this morning the watch was stopped at 8,33 a.m....with still 30 hours of charge about on the power reserve indicator...However, I decided to take it from my watchmaker for inspection, I explained the situation, told me that he will fully discharge to check the proper functioning of the 'reserve indicator ...
    Last edited by Casertano69; July 27th, 2015 at 15:44.

That's a good looking watch.

Have you considered contacting Parniswatch to ask them what makes this particular model so much dearer? I've heard nothing but good things from other members who have dealt with them - Just an idea?

ATB,

Matt

"Buy the ticket, Take the ride"
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D. View Post
    That's a good looking watch.

Have you considered contacting Parniswatch to ask them what makes this particular model so much dearer? I've heard nothing but good things from other members who have dealt with them - Just an idea?

ATB,

Matt
    DearMatt,I bought the watch from an english seller on Ebay

I have a Parnis. I was very happy with the seller and I got good service (That man Bush hehe).

However, I dont know if I would buy another "homage" watch.
    Whenever I wear it, I feel fake...Its hard to explain, but it just feels wrong.
    I feel a lot better when wearing my real Tissot or Seiko.

So from now on, I will just save a bit longer and get the real thing. (Or at least try to)

Wink Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Quote Originally Posted by dfl3506 View Post
    I don't want to take anything away from the watch, because as I said I'd love one myself. However, I do think they are very overpriced. I have one of Parnis' unbranded 43mm subs, which looks to me as though it shares exactly the same case as the homage Black Bay. The sub also has sapphire glass and a ceramic bezel, but probably a Chinese movement, that hacks and hand winds and keeps excellent time. I picked up the sub homage on Ebay for $70 delivered, so I'm not sure how they justify $200 for the BB homage when a Miyota movement can be added for an extra $30.
    I have the same watch but in the GMT model. $80 delivered. The only negatives on this watch are : 1) no lume
    ...like zero lume, 2) water resistence to 30 meters 3) The bracelet endlinks are not as high as the face of the watch so if you are a nit picker and looked carefully at the watch where the top of the endlink ends then you will see a small gap. This is not a big deal but may to some.

Everything thing else is perfect and this watch is becoming my favorite.

Ebay picture. They do look nice.
    That's MISTER Alden to you, sir!

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information