Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 32
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Would you guys wear any of these underwater? Not diving or anything, but just swimming or in the shower? I know some of them say up to 300M water resistance buuut..... Little hesitant.

Quote Originally Posted by tzook View Post
    Would you guys wear any of these underwater? Not diving or anything, but just swimming or in the shower? I know some of them say up to 300M water resistance buuut..... Little hesitant.
    You should probably assume these watches have no water resistance...
    pacorolex and Gary Drainville like this.

Guys, I baught one of those homage watches whose "name we're not allowed to speak" from a dealer in Brittain. I don't even know if was supposed to be Parnis or not. I purchased it because it purportedly had the Seagull copy of the 6497 movement. I read a few reviews on the Seagul and all of them were good. It was advertised as having the mineral crystal and the 316L brushed stainless steel case. Also had the sea-through back and winding crown lever. To me, other than a good movement (and strap/bracelet), that's pretty much what most "worthy of owning" time pieces advertise. I laid out around $175.00 for it and, other than the strap, appears to be very well made. It's a nice looking watch. The movement even has a form of "jeweling" on it and the "blued" screws. Nowhere on it was name "Parnis" and the dial only reads "the name we're not allowed to mention". Thing is, I bought it on e-Bay. Might be one of the better ones you guys are talking about???

You say you purchased this watch on e-Bay? Do you remember who the seller was? I, too purchased one on e-Bay from a seller in England and am very happy with mine.

Maybe I've been really lucky but I've purchased two very nice watches that are branded as Parnis (but made by Gawd knows who) on Amazon. And both appear to be of excellent quality and keep great time (both contain Seagull ST 2530 movements). I can only vouch for the 3rd party seller in that I believe I have received two great timepieces, but that doesn't mean that a third purchase couldn't be a total dud. I've been fortunate in the past to get good response from Amazon in the dispute resolution process but I don't know how much further into the murky waters of the Chinese market I'm willing to venture at this point. I should probably quit while I appear to be ahead.

Anyway, I purchased through the 'Sea-Gull watch storefront,' which possesses some good ratings from other Amazon buyers. However, don't assume that just because they call themselves the 'Sea-Gull Watch Storefront' that there is a direct connection between that store and the actual manufacturer. Having lived in Asia for half of my adult life has taught me better. Perhaps others here have experience with this seller and can shed more light on them. Cheers!

About six years ago I took a "MM" to a local snobbish watch maker in my town to have the hands changed. When he was preparing the ticket he asked if the value of around $5,000 was accurate. I said are you kidding me, this thing cost me $125. He was surprised it cost so little. He changed the hands and when I went to pick it up he told me he had timed it and said the movement was as good as an ETA 6498 and of equal quality. I have about 10 different variants of MM and have never had a problem with them at all. One I wear on a nato as a beater. It has taken a lot of abuse and no issues. Purchase from Daji, Tse, Mansbushijie, & Getat. Have purchased a couple of Pilot variants off the bay and no issues either.
    Last edited by Elph02; September 25th, 2015 at 05:39.

I'm reading conflicting information. Where some say the MM name is a trademark owned by Panerai, some claim it's not. So what is it?

Any experienced Parnis buyers fancy helping me out please? I'm trying to find this particular model......

I've tried the "trusted dealers" but was wondering if anyone had seen one anywhere else?
    NemoAU likes this.
    Hidden Content
    WPAC Member #01 - Ex-CEO
    "Trying to abstain one day at a time"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet99 View Post
    Any experienced Parnis buyers fancy helping me out please? I'm trying to find this particular model......

I've tried the "trusted dealers" but was wondering if anyone had seen one anywhere else?

I would say that's been discontinued, but here's one similar. There's actually a few similar on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parnis-LIMIT...kAAOSwyvBV-JAH
    Last edited by dfl3506; November 14th, 2015 at 09:58.

Quote Originally Posted by dfl3506 View Post
    I would say that's been discontinued.
    I was wondering that........

......thanks! Back to the drawing board!
    Hidden Content
    WPAC Member #01 - Ex-CEO
    "Trying to abstain one day at a time"

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information