Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 34
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

The only thing is, that you can't be certain that it's a white dial like in your picture. A lot of sellers sell it with a silvery sunburst dial, and it may be difficult to see in pictures. The descriptions can be misleading as well, if they write white and it's the silvery dial. Maybe try to contact beforehand.

I have the silvery dial, it's very nice, so it's not like you have to fear it. But it can be a bit dissapointing if you were expecting a white dial. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet99 View Post
    Got my Parnis br01 homage from watch assassin on Ebay and I'm very happy with it. Sorry for the lack of photos, but just have had a chance yet........

.......also got an Infantry rubber strap for about £4 and it's a great fit.

Managed to take a photo, not brilliant quality......

That's awesome! Can I ask you what the lug-to-lug length is? What is your wrist size? How does it feel to wear it?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robbery View Post
    That's awesome! Can I ask you what the lug-to-lug length is? What is your wrist size? How does it feel to wear it?

Yes it is awesome!

Lug to lug is 54mm.

My wrist is 7"

It feels super comfortable to wear. Funnily enough despite being the same lug to lug as the maratac pilot this, IMHO, doesn't feel as big on the wrist.....

BTW I did get an infantry rubber strap to complete the look and that helps on the comfort.
    Hidden Content
    WPAC Member #01 - Ex-CEO
    "Trying to abstain one day at a time"

Yes it is awesome!

Lug to lug is 54mm.

My wrist is 7"

It feels super comfortable to wear. Funnily enough despite being the same lug to lug as the maratac pilot this, IMHO, doesn't feel as big on the wrist.....

BTW I did get an infantry rubber strap to complete the look and that helps on the comfort.
    Cool, thanks! I love look (especially clever of you to get an infantry strap to complete the style on the cheap) but I'm a 6.7 incher and I'm scared to pull that ebay trigger for it. Most of my watches are 40mm and under.

Quote Originally Posted by robbery View Post
    Cool, thanks! I love look (especially clever of you to get an infantry strap to complete the style on the cheap) but I'm a 6.7 incher and I'm scared to pull that ebay trigger for it. Most of my watches are 40mm and under.

Thanks for the compliment on my infantry strap purchase, really it's cause I'm a bit tight with money!

I'd say that if you don't feel comfortable with anything bigger than 42mm that this would be a step too far. I like 'em big, so I'm comfortable with this.....

......then again try it and it might just be right for you!
    Hidden Content
    WPAC Member #01 - Ex-CEO
    "Trying to abstain one day at a time"

Thanks for the compliment on my infantry strap purchase, really it's cause I'm a bit tight with money!

I'd say that if you don't feel comfortable with anything bigger than 42mm that this would be a step too far. I like 'em big, so I'm comfortable with this.....

......then again try it and it might just be right for you!
    Ah, that actually is very helpful to know. Your words will console me as I pass up my likely last chance to easily ebay one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    I bought an MM the other day. It was off eBay but the seller seems to have a decent reputation, hopefully it will be a decent watch and not a "learning experience". Will keep you posted!
    So a week after I bought an MM from Greenstars0613 on Ebay, everything i working fine. Watch arrived perfectly and it is working well.

Yes the strap is awful so that will be changed. It is a really nice watch

I'm definitely interested in this watch, but I'd only want a white dial. Anyone have any sellers they can confirm sell it in white, and not silver?

Quote Originally Posted by Delta32 View Post
    The only thing is, that you can't be certain that it's a white dial like in your picture. A lot of sellers sell it with a silvery sunburst dial, and it may be difficult to see in pictures. The descriptions can be misleading as well, if they write white and it's the silvery dial. Maybe try to contact beforehand.

I have the silvery dial, it's very nice, so it's not like you have to fear it. But it can be a bit dissapointing if you were expecting a white dial. :)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketHurricane View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Parnis Power Reserve Automatic also known as the "Portuguese Chronometer"?

Can you recommend a reliable source? I'm thinking of putting it in my Christmas list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So, after much searching I put a Parnis Power Reserve Automatic on my Christmas list that I found from an Amazon seller actually called "Parnis". Today I found an nicely wrapped oblong box under the tree.

For a moment the shape of the package made me think my wife had given me an Apple Watch, but opening the package revealed my first Parnis watch. On my initial inspection I was impressed. The case is very nicely finished with a mix of brushed and polished surfaces. The crown seems a tad small but I had noticed that in the photos online already. The dial also looked great with silvery white dial with silver sub dials and blued markings and hands. But then something seems off that I couldn't place, so I pulled up my Amazon wish list and compared the photos to the real watch. Then I realized my watch was completely missing the partial "12" and "6" numbers that should be showing above and below the sub dials:

I've looked at dozens of images of this watch in online reviews, eBay listings and various "Parnis" vendor websites, and they all show the partial 12 and 6. Perhaps there changed the dial design recently. I know some people dislike partial numbers but to me the completely missing numbers are visually jarring.

I haven't decided to return it yet but I'm leaning in that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

I have a question, I searched for these watches and they show up in the 100-130 dollar range, which is also seagull/shanghai/beijing range.... given the questions of quality of a Parnis watch, wouldnt those three be just better options outright?

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information