Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 35
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Quote Originally Posted by huyghe27 View Post
    I have a question, I searched for these watches and they show up in the 100-130 dollar range, which is also seagull/shanghai/beijing range.... given the questions of quality of a Parnis watch, wouldnt those three be just better options outright?
    Well what exactly are you looking for in a watch? Also, what three watches were you looking at?

Parnis Power Reserve Automatic

"I haven't decided to return it yet but I'm leaning in that direction."

I just ordered a silver version from eBay on December 12 and it will be my first Chinese watch, whenever it arrives. I actually like the one you received, and think it looks better without the upper and lower partial number. My only qualm is the size, since I have a very small 6.5" wrist. I'm afraid I was a bit enamored by the looks and disregarded my desire to stay below 40mm.

The largest watch I have now is a Bulova Precisionist which measures approximately 47.6mm across the width to the crown end, and about 51mm lug to lug. So, maybe it will work out okay: I hope so since I already bought a deBeer Teju lizard grain strap in navy blue to go with it. Anyway, I'm glad you posted this so I won't be surprised with what I receive.

Oh, and by the way, this is my first post on Watchuseek. It's already caused me to order my first Chinese and first Russian watches, and I'm sure there will be more to come.
    Gary Drainville likes this.

Re: Parnis Power Reserve Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLJ View Post
    "I haven't decided to return it yet but I'm leaning in that direction."

I just ordered a silver version from eBay on December 12 and it will be my first Chinese watch, whenever it arrives. I actually like the one you received, and think it looks better without the upper and lower partial number. My only qualm is the size, since I have a very small 6.5" wrist. I'm afraid I was a bit enamored by the looks and disregarded my desire to stay below 40mm.

The largest watch I have now is a Bulova Precisionist which measures approximately 47.6mm across the width to the crown end, and about 51mm lug to lug. So, maybe it will work out okay: I hope so since I already bought a deBeer Teju lizard grain strap in navy blue to go with it. Anyway, I'm glad you posted this so I won't be surprised with what I receive.

Oh, and by the way, this is my first post on Watchuseek. It's already caused me to order my first Chinese and first Russian watches, and I'm sure there will be more to come.
    Welcome

They aren't bad - fantastic watches for the price. I have similar sized wrists and they are a good judge for size before you fork out a lot for another brand

I have joined this thread very late. I have two or three and each is powered by an Asian version of the 6498 or 9497 movement. In two of these I have replaced the movement - because I like the watch so much - with Swiss movements. In one I also bought a replacement dial to play with. These movements are plentiful and in fact the one that still has its Asian movement works just fine. In terms of Asian watches I have a nice Alpha that keeps great time and looks great as a poor man's P Ocean. I bought a Pilot watch in Thailand and found it had a Miyota automatic movement in it - it is a great time keeper and looks great. I have a couple of those movements on hand in case an Chinese one croaks. These are Franken watches - fun to wear and satisfy my watch cravings without breaking the bank. Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by huyghe27 View Post
    I have a question, I searched for these watches and they show up in the 100-130 dollar range, which is also seagull/shanghai/beijing range.... given the questions of quality of a Parnis watch, wouldnt those three be just better options outright?
    I am very happy with my MM. If you aren't a "movement snob" then these are fantastic watches.

I may use the refund from my Parnis Power Reserve Auto to get a MM. Not sure if I will buy one ready to wear or go for assembling my own from the components. I'd prefer the latter but may be to impatient!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gunnar for the welcome. By the tracker mine should arrive next week, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLJ View Post
    Thanks Gunnar for the welcome. By the tracker mine should arrive next week, and I'm really looking forward to it.
    Post some pics when you get it

Just a bit of an update to this- I see Parnis watches fairly regularly these days, and the majority of them utilize Chinese versions of Miyota 82xx movts. I have recently replaced these in several cases to the actual Miyota product, whether it is the 8215 or the GMT 8217. There are an increasing number of SeaGull watches from Parnis, also under the name of 'Marina Miltare,' and these are a different animal altogether. I don't have any interchangeability specs for these and no feedback on longevity. They do seem to be of a higher quality than the DG movts, but again, no real world idea of how long they last.

I've used a seller called Greenstars0613 on eBay. Bought two watches from them and the watches work realy well and post sales service is great

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread Information