Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 37
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Ah crap, while ordering I have opened this thread but didnt read the first post fully to pay up for EMS. I hope man in the bush package arrives even without EMS Name:  SCARED.GIF
Views: 1197
Size:  11.4 KB
    Follow the white rabbit -> Hidden Content

I ordered two of mine from Manbush without choosing EMS. The Neiton arrived in 13 days, and I'm at day 16 waiting for the second. I don't think you need to stress the EMS.

My second Manbush order just arrived today, so 18 days after ordering, with no EMS. It's an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean homage, and cost me about $200 shipped. I've attached a few photos below.

As the OP noted, they come shipped securely, but without frills. Here's an unwrap so you can see. It's a styrofoam shell, covered in fairly thick plastic wrap. I didn't take a photo, but in this package, unlike the last, they scammed on the import tax by calling it a "timer" and valued it at $30. Inside the styrofoam is bubble wrap, inside that is the watch in another plastic sleeve. It's super sturdy packaging.
    Name:  2016-05-13 15.37.31.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  975.8 KB
    Name:  2016-05-13 15.38.42.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  894.1 KB
    Name:  2016-05-13 15.39.19.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  1.03 MB
    Name:  2016-05-13 15.39.50.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  1.07 MB
    Name:  2016-05-13 15.40.48.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  884.7 KB
    Name:  2016-05-13 15.41.44.jpg
Views: 1171
Size:  871.9 KB

It's a comfortable watch, not too heavy, and despite the 45mm size it wears smaller due to lug shape. Per the usual, the strap is total junk, and I've already planned to replace it with a Nato strap. The movement is not particularly fancy, but it is Miyota, so reasonably well made. The exhibition caseback is an interesting touch, but I don't love it. I had expected the case to be a little less glossy, and so I'm a little disappointed in the finish. It looks more like glossy paint than a PVD coating. The writing on the bezel also looks cheap. The bezel is ceramic, but looks like the numbers and lines were just painted onto it. The glass is sapphire, but not AR coated, as is super obvious in the photo below. It has all the components that buyers look for- ceramic bezel, sapphire glass, Miyota movement, exhibition caseback- but without the construction quality of a high-end watch.

I bought this watch because I was considering buying a real Omega Planet Ocean, and a couple days after I ordered it I just went ahead and bought the real thing. So, in a super unfair comparison, I put both of them next to each other. I've mostly liked the Parnis watches I've bought, but I think this may be the last one. The quality is just so much lower compared to the real deal. I'm now planning on giving this one away, because I'm sure my brother, who doesn't know mechanical watches, will find it interesting. Unfortunately I've been spoiled now!

Name:  2016-05-13 15.44.25.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  1.25 MB

(Notice in particular the difference in anti-reflective coating, the beefier bezel, the quality of the strap/ bracelet, and the design of the hands. You can't tell here, but the lume on the Parnis is much weaker too)
    ARMADUK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by outsidesmoke07 View Post
    I ordered two of mine from Manbush without choosing EMS. The Neiton arrived in 13 days, and I'm at day 16 waiting for the second. I don't think you need to stress the EMS.
    Thats good news :) They sent me some tracking number after I emailed them if the package was sent or not, its still not trackable thou, maybe next week. My biggest consern now is with the alignment of the marks on bezel and dial and ofcourse hoping that the cyclop is not crooked which I have noticed in some videos with Parnis Name:  nerdy.gif
Views: 1156
Size:  987 Bytes

Can anyone confirm how wide the lug are on Parnis Pepsi/Batman GMT 43mm case? On amazon it says 22 and 24, on the sellers site it is 21mm. Will 22 leather/nato/jubilee fit or it needs to be 20mm?

I'd email the seller. They're pretty good at getting back to you on questions like that.
    ARMADUK likes this.

Just got my gmt from parniswatch.net and I couldn't be happier! Not too bad of a wait for getting the free shipping either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Deegan42; May 24th, 2016 at 06:01.
    Tickywicket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deegan42 View Post
    Just got my marina militare gmt from parniswatch.net and I couldn't be happier! Not too bad of a wait for getting the free shipping either.

Careful when posting photos of your MM homage watch. There is some sort of copyright/patent violation issue and Panerai doesn't really like it so sometimes people get a little twitchy when you name the watch entirely or post photos where the logo is clear. I don't know the rules exactly, but I won't post photos of mine because I don't want to ruffle any feathers.

But that thing looks great. Mine is a GMT too, but without the bezel and a blue dial.
    Last edited by Tickywicket; May 20th, 2016 at 14:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickywicket View Post
    Careful when posting photos of your MM homage watch. There is some sort of copyright/patent violation issue and Panerai doesn't really like it so sometimes people get a little twitchy when you name the watch entirely or post photos where the logo is clear. I don't know the rules exactly, but I won't post photos of mine because I don't want to ruffle any feathers.

But that thing looks great. Mine is a GMT too, but without the bezel and a blue dial.
    Thanks for the heads up. I realize I am not that clear on the rules and mine doesn't just say parnis.

what is the thinnest parnis?

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread Information