Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 40
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

I am looking to purchase a sterile dial dress watch from Dajiwatch. I noticed their standard shipping method already includes insurance; is there a specific reason I should use EMS @+$20? I assume the regular shipping does not include tracking, but is it way more rough with the packages or something?
    Last edited by DerangedGoose; September 27th, 2016 at 19:45.

Hello to all. I just joined the forum, after finding this thread via Google.
    A few words of introduction as I didn't find a dedicated section (I may have missed it). I've worked as a sales manager for 15 years in the ceramic, then special metals industry. I've had occasional business selling special materials to watch case makers for high-end brands and I fell in love with the swiss watch industry.
    The watches I would like to own are far out of reach, financially speaking. I've had the joy of holding in my hands a Richard Mille RM 005, multiple Panerais, a MontBlanc tantalum diver (100th anniversary edition), some beautiful Daniel Roth models, and I've seen a Quenttin tourbillon "stand up" out of its box (but not touched it). Great memories.
    I own a modest Revue Thommen submariner homage, love it.
    I've just bought a MM from one of the sources listed in page 1 and a leather strap to replace stock SS. Special thank you to Ric for the post, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    I am looking to purchase a sterile dial dress watch from Dajiwatch. I noticed their standard shipping method already includes insurance; is there a specific reason I should use EMS @+$20? I assume the regular shipping does not include tracking, but is it way more rough with the packages or something?
    Same question to ask. Is it worth to pay 20$ extra for EMS (safety wise, waiting period is irrelevant for me), wheres the standard mailing methog is claimed to be 'registrated airmail'?

Thaks for sharing!

Sterile parnis Milgaus came , super pleased with the item . Seems like the workmanship is quite good and feels solid , nothing about it makes me say cheap , although the price was ...

I couldn't be happier wearing this sterile faced sorta Milgaus style homage

I know there are horror stories out there , but I won't hesitate using bluesky537 for future purchases .
    the_watchier, anabuki and IvanC like this.

Very informative. Thank you for your post. I know you wrote this some time ago but I was looking into Parnis and that really got me thinking now...but then again what you pay is what you....

I've had good luck with http://www.mywatchcode.com/

They sell some items for less on their eBay page too. Shipping was slow but watch arrived in good condition. The strap on the Parnis I just bought was much better quality than my previous Corgeut purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stiski View Post
    Sterile parnis Milgaus came , super pleased with the item . Seems like the workmanship is quite good and feels solid , nothing about it makes me say cheap , although the price was ...

I couldn't be happier wearing this sterile faced sorta Milgaus style homage

I know there are horror stories out there , but I won't hesitate using bluesky537 for future purchases .
    Kind of Milgauss homage?? It is a homage

looks great though. I've been very tempted by one of those

Have any of you had the water resistance tested and subsequently improved?

I purchased an inexpensive 22mm deBeer Black Teju Lizard-Grain leather strap for my Parnis GMT. Looks nice; not bad for a $75 watch and $25 strap!

Name:  ParnisGMTWatch_0805.jpeg
Views: 1050
Size:  343.6 KB
    Last edited by IvanC; February 20th, 2017 at 00:00.

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I've been looking for a cheap diver/GMT and a dressier watch, I stumbled across Parnis and they looked like really good deals. Does anyone have any experience with parniswatch.pro Because their stock has a lot more than the stores mentioned in the original post. If not I think I'll buy from one of the recommended stores. Thanks

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread Information