Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 6
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Bumpity.

I just purchased my first pair of Parnis watches.

Has anyone had good/bad experiences with Parnis Outlet? I saw a review thread here and pulled the trigger.

I bought my Parnis Submariner from 2011lingling68 on eBay.

I must say this watch is one of the best you can get for $100. Other than the clasp being very small, that means it is hard to get watch on and off the wrist, everything is good.
    Clasp is probably of Chinese design. I guess "engineer" skipped the most imortant lesson in school, you have to check what you designed, in this case simply put the goddamn bracelet on your wrist. Or even better, measure first how big it must be when opened.
    And it is also a waste of the bracelet, which is actually quite good, with no stubborn screws which are typical for Chinese watches.
    But you can buy a bracelet with a glidelock clasp on eBay, which costs $50.

My Alpha Seamaster Pro and probably all of their watches can't compare to this Parnis. Sapphire glass, ceramic bezel and clone ETA 2824-2 movement are its strong points. Also the finish is better.
    And the Alpha clasp also needed an exchange, so that is a thing you must add to the final price.

As for the communication with the seller. It is hard.
    I wanted to know if all watches lack crown seal and have the same small clasp.
    He thought I mean the caseback seal and said I am too tall if the watch is too small for me.
    When I sent him the photos how the crown seal looks, and when I'm putting the watch on, he finally understood. And sent me the pictures of other watches, which are also without crown seal.
    Btw, I tried this watch and a couple of others without the seal, and even when the crown not screwed in, the watch is waterproof.
    He also wanted my suggestion of what we can do about the clasp, but I just said that he informs the factory if he can, and that it is not his fault the clasp is like that.
    Last edited by Reaper85; August 8th, 2013 at 19:50.
    bryan123456 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
    Just for the record, the Parnis I received yesterday was from an eBay seller,201lingling68. I am very happy with the transaction. He was a good communicator, and went out of his way to respond to my questions. He even shipped the watch during the busy holiday season in China.The tracking info worked, unlike the Rodina that is winging it's way to me via TaoBao,and the watch was packed very carefully. I realize this is just one data point, so take all of that with a grain of salt!
    I dealt with 2011lingling68 too.
    She is very prompt and honest, goes out of her way to answer my questions
    when other ebay dealers would just ignore.
    Will buy from her again.
    bryan123456 likes this.

Looking hard at getting one of their Explorer I homages. I have checked the 'bay, parnisshop.com, and parniswatch.net which appear to be the same site (can anyone substantiate this?). 2011lingling has them as well as etrade2012ee on ebay. I think I will probably deal with one of the stand alone sites though, this model has a double screw in case back design does anyone know why or have one that can comment? Thanks.

2011lingling and Wenping1970 are both quite reputable sellers on eBay. J a c k s o n t s e and m a n b u s h i j i e are also quite good as actual websites.

I purchased two watches from Parnisshop.com a couple years ago - a blue Portuguese and a sterile Flieger. Couldn't be happier with both - total cost was about $150 shipped at the time, iirc. I am wearing the Flieger right now - it gets the most wrist time. The straps on both were actually not complete junk, but no where near as good as the handmade PAM straps from Getat (or at least what Getat was shipping 3 years ago).

chicolabronse and gdest like this.

Thanks again for this info, it should be stickied.
    Own:
    Deep Blue Daynight 32 T-100 Automatic
    Citizen Calibre 5700 AT1000-50E
    Citizen Nighthawk BJ7005-59E
    Citizen Proximity AT7030-05E
    Obris Morgan Branco
    Alaska Titanium Diver
    Casio SGW300-1AV
    Orient Eminence
    Orient EM5L-C0
    Polar FT4

Ordered:

Citizen Promaster Altichron BN5030-06E

Good information, thanks.
    I have @ moment:
    Festina Multifunction 16243/3
    Pulsar PF3 513, with seiko 7T62
    Casio Edifice EF-129D-2AVE
    PRS 516 (1st auto on is way)

Wanted:
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Hamilton Pan EUR H-30
    Longines HydroConquest (mini Grail)
    Omega SeaMaster (Grail)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    m a n b u s h i j i e are also quite good as actual websites.
    Do you know how long manb normally takes to ship? I ordered a week and a half ago and the watch has still not shipped

Quote Originally Posted by Lumo View Post
    Do you know how long manb normally takes to ship? I ordered a week and a half ago and the watch has still not shipped
    Usually the next day, roughly 10 business days door to door. Email them, they're quite helpful
    Said in the most interesting man in the world's voice: "I don't always like mechanical chronographs, but when I do, I prefer Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content ."

Citizen BM8120-56E, Invicta 0368 II, Parnis Power Reserve, Sterile Submariner Homage, Sterile PAM Homage, Vostok Amphibia 420379, Garton Flieger, Alpha Explorer II GMT, Orient ER2700BB, Obris Morgan Branco PVD, circa 1970 Rado Voyager.

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information