Buying a Parnis? Read this first! - Page 8
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Buying a Parnis? Read this first!

Quote Originally Posted by raxious View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. Is it actually a common thing for Parnis watches to look the same but have a different name? I found 2 models that looked the same, just the text on it was different.
    If the watch doesn't have 'PARNIS' printed on it or has a sterile dial, it really isn't a Parnis. Mind you that doesn't really matter since Parnis is not a real company anyhow; it's just a name that many assemblers use when ordering watches from the various factories where they are made.

I recently but a couple of parnis watches of ebay with two very different experiences, would have been nice if i had read this before. OP mentioned wangxiaohong522 i ordered a 44mm pam style gmt from him, instead of using Hongkong post or Singapore post he used used Swiss post, it took 2 full months,, maybe he saves 2 dollars and makes his customers wait so long. I never ordered EMS, at the time i never knew it was necessary as i never had to wait so long for any package for so long, the tracking stopped working and even after delivery there was no tracking. The watch came, but it wasent keeping time, then the crown wouldn't work after a while so i was unable to wind it or set the time.

The only option i had was send it back with tracking number and that would have cost 60 dollars for a 100 dollar watch, we went through paypal, and luckily they decided it wasent cost effective for me to send it back, paypal ate the cost, so i got refunded and he never lost his payment. He was very nice and pleasant to deal with and very responsive with email, so i spared him negative feedback and went with the neutral feedback.

My other experience was with seller bluesky537 he sent the package Singapore post, only took 3 weeks or less and tracking worked. I got 44mm Garton Pilot Watch hand wind from him that i am really happy with, infant i think i might buy the big Parnis pilot from him.

I'm looking for a 44mm or 45 parnis pam sandwich dial with orange numbers, seems hard to find on ebay. Only green unless its 47mm. So i was looking at GETAT . Then i found a thread about him, boy i'm glad i found that thread, waiting sucks, but no communication as to what is going on would drive me crazy. So then i found this thread, and will probably be buying from the websites and will sure be doing EMS, anyways been lurking on wus for about 6 months, when i saw this thread i thought i would share my 2 ebay parnis stories.

Somebody mentioned wenping1970 from ebay has a website, i checked it out and there was a watch i like there, is he in the trusted, bad, or unknown camp ?

Quote Originally Posted by mike70sk View Post
    they decided it wasent cost effective for me to send it back, paypal ate the cost, so i got refunded and he never lost his payment.
    Hardly. I can't imagine that paypal would ever bear the costs.

I recently but a couple of parnis watches of ebay with two very different experiences, would have been nice if i had read this before. OP mentioned wangxiaohong522 i ordered a 44mm pam style gmt from him, instead of using Hongkong post or Singapore post he used used Swiss post, it took 2 full months,, maybe he saves 2 dollars and makes his customers wait so long. I never ordered EMS, at the time i never knew it was necessary as i never had to wait so long for any package for so long, the tracking stopped working and even after delivery there was no tracking. The watch came, but it wasent keeping time, then the crown wouldn't work after a while so i was unable to wind it or set the time.

The only option i had was send it back with tracking number and that would have cost 60 dollars for a 100 dollar watch, we went through paypal, and luckily they decided it wasent cost effective for me to send it back, paypal ate the cost, so i got refunded and he never lost his payment. He was very nice and pleasant to deal with and very responsive with email, so i spared him negative feedback and went with the neutral feedback.

My other experience was with seller bluesky537 he sent the package Singapore post, only took 3 weeks or less and tracking worked. I got 44mm Garton Pilot Watch hand wind from him that i am really happy with, infant i think i might buy the big Parnis pilot from him.

I'm looking for a 44mm or 45 parnis pam sandwich dial with orange numbers, seems hard to find on ebay. Only green unless its 47mm. So i was looking at GETAT . Then i found a thread about him, boy i'm glad i found that thread, waiting sucks, but no communication as to what is going on would drive me crazy. So then i found this thread, and will probably be buying from the websites and will sure be doing EMS, anyways been lurking on wus for about 6 months, when i saw this thread i thought i would share my 2 ebay parnis stories.

Somebody mentioned wenping1970 from ebay has a website, i checked it out and there was a watch i like there, is he in the trusted, bad, or unknown camp ?
    Heh, I just bought a watch from wangxiaohong522 xD
    O well, If I look at his feedback he's got over 2,600 positive, 10 neutral and only 15 negative. I'm gonna take my chance :p

I'm probably gonna do the DHL shipping, so hopefully I'll have it around Christmas.

Banned

Sorry to hear about your experience

Where is wangxiaohong522 located? If he is in Switzerland then he could use Swiss post otherwise he has to use the postal system in his own country. That would mean if he is Hong Kong andthat Hong Kong post would ship the watch to Switzerland where it is handed off to Swiss post. Any prolonged delays were probably with Swiss Post and/or Swiss customs.

Other than the threads about Getat, I'm not really familiar with the other sellers you've mentioned. A quick search of this forum should turn up any experiences others might have had with them if at all
    Have checked out 'trusthonestman' yet to see what he has or asked if he can get what you are looking for? He is a trusted seller and often finds watches that other sellers don't have or are out of stock.

Different sellers provide different levels of quality in Parnis products since they get them from different sources. If you do want to be sure you're getting the best, trusthonestman delivers.
    Last edited by Pawl_Buster; December 15th, 2013 at 19:31.

Hopefully my experience with wangxiaohong522 wasent typical at least the problems with the broken watch. I too was very pleasantly surprised that paypal ate the cost, but i think of all the fees i have paid them from currency exchange, and all the fees they get from the sellers when i buy something, its good to see them man up.

I should note with Paypal i was communicating with them over the phone, originally the told me they would pay half of the post to send the watch back, So when the claim said i would have to pay the full amount of the post i called them again hoping they would honor the half of the post they promised. I phoned them hoping to get that, and then they checked with the supervisor and told me i don't have to send the package back and i get my money back. It was American thanksgiving there, so maybe they were being overly kind for some reason lol . I have called paypal on the phone a handfull of times and the customer service has been great.

He is Located in Hong Kong, If he had used registered Hong Kong post or Singapore Post i would had the watch in 3 weeks.When i ordered from him he said it was sent with SFC (sent from china) and had a tracking number from there that worked, but then when i inquired a few weeks later, he said it was now on Swiss Post and gave me a tracking number from them that worked for a short little while until the last month where there were no updates at all for tracking.

He has a good rating as far as ebay goes, maybe my experience with him was not typical, but there were other complaints about the time it takes for the watch to arrive,
    Last edited by mike70sk; December 15th, 2013 at 20:09.

Banned

Hopefully my experience with wangxiaohong522 wasent typical at least the problems with the broken watch. I too was very pleasantly surprised that paypal ate the cost, but i think of all the fees i have paid them from currency exchange, and all the fees they get from the sellers when i buy something, its good to see them man up.

I should note with Paypal i was communicating with them over the phone, originally the told me they would pay half of the post to send the watch back, So when the claim said i would have to pay the full amount of the post i called them again hoping they would honor the half of the post they promised. I phoned them hoping to get that, and then they checked with the supervisor and told me i don't have to send the package back and i get my money back. It was American thanksgiving there, so maybe they were being overly kind for some reason lol .

He is Located in Hong Kong, If he had used registered Hong Kong post or Singapore Post i would had the watch in 3 weeks.When i ordered from him he said it was sent with SFC (sent from china) and had a tracking number from there that worked, but then when i inquired a few weeks later, he said it was now on Swiss Post and gave me a tracking number from them that worked for a short little while until the last month where there were no updates at all for tracking.

He has a good rating as far as ebay goes, maybe my experience with him was not typical, but there were other complaints about the time it takes for the watch to arrive,
    That is good communication I wouldn't write the guy off just yet since it was obviously Swiss Post who dropped the ball not China Post.

As for the quality of the watches, it really does matter where the seller gets their stock from. The quality of these watches, even ones that look to be the same model, can vary from DOA to perfect runners that never have problems.
    You stand the best chances of getting a good one by ordering from the known good sellers as listed in this thread. Saving a dollar or two often translates to situations like yours

Nothing personal, Mike, but I'm always somewhat suspicious about everyone who has just registered on a forum and his first post is to criticize one seller and praise another.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Okapi001 View Post
    Nothing personal, Mike, but I'm always somewhat suspicious about everyone who has just registered on a forum and his first post is to criticize one seller and praise another.
    If this was about a Sea-Gull or a Seiko, I might share your suspicion.
    But this is about a non brand that we all know has a very dysfunctional quality record.

Besides, his post is exactly what Ric intended with this thread in the first place; to bring awareness about the pitfalls of buying these watches.

It's not the brand that is criticized or praised, but the seller. That's a big difference. One is fanboyism and the other might be (hidden) marketing.

And of course it's good to know which seller is better, but the source of information must be trustworthy. How can we be sure that Mike is not in fact bluesky?
    Last edited by Okapi001; December 15th, 2013 at 20:26.

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information