Celadon watches
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KtWUS

Thread: Celadon watches

Celadon watches

I have 2 questions.
    1. For those with the imperial, is the quality difference between the beihai 3.0 enough to warrant the price difference? Also, being a Chinese movement, I wouldn't know where to send the watch for servicing. How good is the warranty on the Celadon watches?

2. Is celadonwatches.com a real site? I know maisonceladon.com is real (I think), but I am not sure about the first.

Sent from my LG-D858HK using Tapatalk

Celadon watches

I was able to examine a few Celadons last week.
    General quality impression is excellent!
    Last edited by MrDagon007; 4 Hours Ago at 01:50.

Re: Celadon watches

1. I don't own a Beihai, only a Celadon so I can't do a direct comparison. However, I'll say that the design of the Imperials are more appealing to me than the Beihais. I also dislike date windows which almost all the Beihais have. As for servicing, I'd probably go through Ben himself (MonsieurXu on this forum). I'm not sure how servicing a Beihai would work. I would guess a good independent watchmaker should be able to handle the movement.

Some of the newer Beihais also have a different movement than the Imperials so look out for that.

2. I would use maisonceladon.com, or pm Ben directly here or on facebook.

Hope that helps!
    GUTuna likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KtWUS View Post
    1. I don't own a Beihai, only a Celadon so I can't do a direct comparison. However, I'll say that the design of the Imperials are more appealing to me than the Beihais. I also dislike date windows which almost all the Beihais have. As for servicing, I'd probably go through Ben himself (MonsieurXu on this forum). I'm not sure how servicing a Beihai would work. I would guess a good independent watchmaker should be able to handle the movement.
    I have two Imperials and have handled a few Beihai's. As KtWUS noted above, the Celadon Imperial is just a more traditional dress watch without the date. The tolerances of the fit definitely are of a higher level than the Beihai, and I like the Beihai! Plus, the finish on the hands and indices are somewhat nicer.

I don't think you're going to go wrong here. I think both are good values. I've never shown an Imperial to a watchmaker that was not impressed with the watch and surprised at it's affordable cost. I don't think you'll feel that you've wasted your money should you choose the Imperial.

Thank you for the input. I was looking for a blue dial and came upon the imperial. It is beautiful for sure but I am still mulling over whether it suits me.

Anyway, I've sent an email to the "concierge" and also a PM to MonsieurXu so hopefully I'll hear back in a few days. I guess the baselworld might slow thing down a bit.

Sent from my LG-D858HK using Tapatalk

Thread Information