Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Eyki watches.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eyki watches.

Has anyone here owned an Eyki watch? I've read posts about an Eyki Ventura but not much else so far. If I do it right I will post a pic of a model I purchased and is on the way now, a mens auto./mechanical Tourbillon watch E3. Any thoughts on Eyki quality, movements, durability and so on would be appreciated. Thanks Mike

Name:  3_160.jpg
Views: 28177
Size:  144.7 KB

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Eyki watches.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcb250 View Post
    Has anyone here owned an Eyki watch? I've read posts about an Eyki Ventura but not much else so far. If I do it right I will post a pic of a model I purchased and is on the way now, a mens auto./mechanical Tourbillon watch E3. Any thoughts on Eyki quality, movements, durability and so on would be appreciated. Thanks Mike
    Eyki seem to be one of the cheaper (and probably transient) brands built by OEM contractors in somewhere like Shenzhen. The styles are much more cutting-edge than what we've usually seen at this price-point up until now, but the quality is likely to be patchy i.e. you might get a perfect example, or you might not.

The movement in the watch pictured is the PTS-Liaocheng ML series. It's the movement that started the whole Chinese open-heart fashion. It is not a tourbillon. These days, the ML movements are usually found only in the cheapest of watches. It is somewhat less robust than the skeleton automatic seen in some other Eyki models.

(who says we're incapable of offering impartial advice on this forum? )
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

My wife owns 1 quartz eyki, prices is about 11usd, ran a year then stopped, became a e-waste......

it certainly look good, i give it feel a lot like chinese swatch

Thanks for the info. Chascomm. Figured the term Tourbillon in the description was in name only. It is an interesting little design, a lot of complications for such a cheap watch. Again thanks for your help. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    Eyki seem to be one of the cheaper (and probably transient) brands built by OEM contractors in somewhere like Shenzhen.
    This brand is belongs to Guangzhou Yonghong Watch Technology Development Co., Ltd. It has a series of production used "chinese three golden bridges" movements, but the quality is not good as chascomm mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by adele View Post
    it looks very cool,but i didn't know about the quality, i find this watch,Fashionable EYKI Quartz Analog Men's Watch with Calendar Function(Silver), any body buy it?it looks very cool.just USD$12.96
    Just beware EYKI's target customer are Chinese students, who buys fashion watches under 100 yuan and then throws it out when it's no longer fashionable or they become older. So don't expect it to be a performer. Though they are not a mushroom brand, but a real company, perhaps better than the normal mushroom brand watches. Though may be not, since they watches are designed to be low cost, rather than happened to be low cost by having a stash of functioning seagull movement that failed QC for cosmetic reason, for example.
    Good Watches
    -Chinese Airforce 1963 reissue (Thomas)
    -Seagull 55th Anniversary D219.360
    -Beijing Zungu-6
    -Seagull ST-5A, Diamond, Dongbao and other Chinese Vintage watches
    -Casio AW-80
    Broken/Lost Watches
    -Enicar 2186.51 with Chinese language day of the week, pulled stem out, can't adjust date
    -Casio AQ-S800W (Lost)
    Gifted Watches
    -Citizen Eco-Drive E110-S77732 (On my GF's wrist)
    -Beijing Jingcai (On my GF's wrist)

I have an auto 24hr hand and a black analogue quartz, the auto has a lovely dial with a rose gold bezel, the raised wedge markers really set it off. The quartz is amazingly accurate, keeping pace with the atomic clock exactly, the auto cost 21 GBP and the quartz cost 8 GBP deliverd.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	16691 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	871685 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	17455 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	871686
    bryan123456 likes this.

Name:  Eyki.JPG
Views: 16487
Size:  119.3 KB
    I've owned this for close to two years now and almost never wear it because it's
    impossible for me to tell the time at a glance. I bought it primarily to see if I would
    like the shape of the Hamilton Ventura on my wrist and discovered that I didn't!
    It still runs well and keeps good time.
    akcapwatch likes this.
    Caveat lector

Quote Originally Posted by adele View Post
    it looks very cool,but i didn't know about the quality, i find this watch,Fashionable EYKI Quartz Analog Men's Watch with Calendar Function(Silver), any body buy it?it looks very cool.just USD$12.96
    $13 bucks? Give it a try, it wouldn't do much harm, right?
    " A great time piece on your wrist shows you are serious of time "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information