Help beginning with Parnis watches - Page 2

Thread: Help beginning with Parnis watches

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Help beginning with Parnis watches

You would need to let the watch sit for a couple days to run down. Then the PR indicator should be at (or below often in my experience) zero.

ok, i let it for now.
    I want to see it go below 40 or less and then going up again so that i'm sure that the PR works Ok.
    I may let the PR go to 30 maybe and then wear it again to up the PR to the max.
    Then i'll let it sit again so that it goes to zero.
    WHen it is at zero i'll wear it again : will it start alone or do i need to wind it and how much ?

Thanks ;)
    Last edited by manchette; August 13th, 2017 at 21:43.

I usually wind a bit and then set before wearing (20 turns although different people have different preferences) but if you don't wind, it should start after you've been wearing it for a bit.

I let the watch sit, the power rserve is now going down, it looks ok so far.

Is there a maximum number of turns i must not go beyond ? (so that i am sure i am not damaging anything)
    i read 70 on a watch in ebay but i'm not sure.

70 sounds like a lot for an automatic especially if you are about to wear it which will wind it further. No I don't believe you can overwind an auto but no real reason to go beyond 20 that I can see.

Hello ;)

Thanks for your help :)

By the way do you know how much is the Power Reserve for Miyota 821A ?

Is Miyota equal to Seagull , or better ?

Sorry I don't know the answer to your first question and have no opinion on your second!

Quote Originally Posted by manchette View Post
    Hello ;)

I bought 2 Parnis watches , one with power reserve, and one without, i'm looking ofr adivce on how to use them please .

1st watch :
    43mm Parnis White Dial Seagul Automatic Mov't Power Reserve Men Watches 05SW | eBay
    the 2d one is different (less complications : hour, minute, seconds, date) but i can't find a link to similar ones right now.

When i received the watches : I set the time and date and then turned the crown 70 times, the watches then began to work and i wore them.
    2 days after i realised that time was wrong on the two watches. How come ? (The power reserve was still next to 45 hours though )

I then turned the crown 10 times (i was afraid to turn too much and damage the watch), was this not enough ?
    I set up the time again.

THis morning the power reserve watch was stopped, i wore it and it turned on again (time is wrong), power reserve is still around 45 hours, hand just below 45.
    Is the watch supposed to stop at night ? How come the power reserve hand stays near 45 ?

The other watch is still running.

What shall i do now : hand wind them ? How much ?

Thank you for your help ;)
    my honest advice and ppl mite be upset. I own 2 parnis. You are just going to throw them away as soon as you get more and more into mechanical watches. If you are into chinese brands, save up a few hundred bucks and buy a decent watch. There are brands such as Beijing, seagull, Shanghai. Even with those brands, you need to be very picky and select with caution. Make sure you buy from the right sources. I will put up a post for examples of decent watches you can keep for many years to come.

Here are sone nice watches from you can purchase. These are around $250. 2 parnis will cost about $180.
    You add a little extra and you will have a watch that you can keep for life. Maybe not a Rolex but something that can sit in your collection for many years to come.
    The Chinese forum can guide you with any of your purchases on where to find these watches.

Hope these will give you a better appreciation of Chinese watches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And one more!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information