Help beginning with Parnis watches - Page 3

Thread: Help beginning with Parnis watches

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Help beginning with Parnis watches

Hello ;)

I noticed already a difference between Parnis and the other Chinese brands but i need to begin little and be sure it is worth the try :)

My Parnis Power Reserve (PR) was decreasing as expected yesterday (as the watch was on the table), it was around 20 yesterday evening, but this morning time was stopped at 10 to 3 am, this is a 5 hours difference as it was 8 am more or less.
    The PR was still near 20. I wore the watch but it did not start then i winded it 20 turns and it began but i need to set the time.

I don't get the use of the PR if around 20 the watch stops at night. Is it ok to stop at night with PR at 20 for such a watch ?
    Or is it that the PR is not reliable (maybe PR was not at 20 but near zero) , or is PR definitly not working ok ? (i thought that 20 hours on the PR should be ok for the watch to sit during the night and be working in the morning)

How much will it usually cost to repair the Power Reserve ?

THanks ;)
    Last edited by manchette; August 15th, 2017 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by manchette View Post
    Hello ;)

I noticed already a difference between Parnis and the other Chinese brands but i need to begin little and be sure it is worth the try :)

My Parnis Power Reserve (PR) was decreasing as expected yesterday (as the watch was on the table), it was around 20 yesterday evening, but this morning time was stopped at 10 to 3 am, this is a 5 hours difference as it was 8 am more or less.
    The PR was still near 20. I wore the watch but it did not start then i winded it 20 turns and it began but i need to set the time.

I don't get the use of the PR if around 20 the watch stops at night. Is it ok to stop at night with PR at 20 for such a watch ?
    Or is it that the PR is not reliable (maybe PR was not at 20 but near zero) , or is PR definitly not working ok ? (i thought that 20 hours on the PR should be ok for the watch to sit during the night and be working in the morning)

How much will it usually cost to repair the Power Reserve ?

THanks ;)
    The power reserve is definitely broken. I doubt if you will get a refund, maybe only a replacement.
    If you are looking to get into chinese mechanical watches specifically, then the brands and models I gave you are super reliable.
    You should take time to read on the history of those watches and also, the companies producing those watches. The companies such as Seagull, Beijing watch Factory, Shanghai have been around from the 1960's and have very good experience in watch making.
    You cannot go wrong in investing in one of them, you can hand it over to your children and even grand children one day.
    My last advice to you is not to go into chinese watches as a short cut to save money. You should buy them like any other brand or watch make. To enrich your watch collection and have something diverse. Yes, they are cheaper than their competitors due to geographic costs and branding. However, they qualify as relaible time pieces. Just stay away from brands like Parnis in my opinion.
    Finally, make wise choices, just because a watch has a name on it does not make it okay to go ahead and buy it. Use various sources on the net to carefully study what you are buying; Mechanically and aesthetically. Take care and happy hunting.

THe seller told me that if i can find a repair man nearby he will pay for the repair, if not he'll pay for return shipping ; this looks like excellent service to me :) I'll see a repair man tomorrow.
    What's the usuall process : give an estimate, pay the repair and then being refunded or will the seller accept to refund before and then i can provide a bill ?

I took time to read on these, but plenty of pages so .. i'm still reading :)

What's the difference in quality between Beijing, Shangai and Seagull : is there a big difference in quality ?
    I saw some on good-stuff web site is this seller ok ? (it looks like it is) I haven't seen which warranty is providede though.
    Are the ones below 100$ a good bargain ?
    For example i like this one : Classic Shanghai Diamond hand-winding mechanical watch

Or is there another good place to find Chinese watches ?
    Last edited by manchette; August 15th, 2017 at 20:06.

Your PR is broken, the reason it was staying at 45 initially was because you were "charging" it by moving your arm while wearing it. But the fact it died at 20 is clearly a flaw.

I would get the seller to agree to the price before you have it fixed - I suspect you'll have difficulty finding a watchmaker willing to repair the movement for less than the cost of the watch all in. I would talk to the seller about a replacement and see what they say. Worst case I'd return it and get a full refund with return at he sellers expense.

If you want an amazing reliable Chinese brand - check out PerpetuaL watches. Don't tell him you're from WUS(you can read about it on the PerpetuaL thread if you want)but send him a message about buying and hope he answers! The watches are worth the wait!

Also check out the for sale section- I found my PR-03 on there since it was sold out on his site!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello ;)

Thanks for your help !

I went to the watch smith and he asked to watch the behavior of the watch, i fully wounded it and let it sit, the watch did not work for 24hours :'(
    Time is also 10 minutes wrong.
    Now i'm waiting the end of the watch smith holydays to get an estimate of the work to be done, i hope he'll be ok to do it. To give you an idea he asks 8€ for resizing, and 25€ for waterproofness + battery change.
    I indeed would like a refund, if ko i'll ask for a replacement or repair.

I have no clue about Perpetual watches right now, if there's a thread i'll look for it. I'm investigating on Shangai actually.

I'd like to know where you buy your Chinese watches (apart from here) : is Taobao the best way ? Are you using an agent or buying directly ? (delivery still seems ko for Europe )
    Last edited by manchette; 4 Weeks Ago at 15:55.

Hi,
    a jeweller told me that it is very hard to find spare parts for chinese watches, when they open them it sometimes breaks or they can't close it again for parts do not fit correctly ..
    Is there really such a difficulty that you know off in Europe ?
    Are there some tips to buy spare parts ? (to put in in a nutshell : is there an easy way i can give them to be able to repair my watch without sending it back in China ?)
    (i found a jeweller willing to open the watch and to give an estimate but he said if parts are needed it is not a movement know enough to find parts ... , another one could not say he'd be able to repair for sure)
    Thanks ;)
    Last edited by manchette; 1 Week Ago at 17:08.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information