Help beginning with Parnis watches

Thread: Help beginning with Parnis watches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Help beginning with Parnis watches

Hello ;)

I bought 2 Parnis watches , one with power reserve, and one without, i'm looking ofr adivce on how to use them please .

1st watch :
    43mm Parnis White Dial Seagul Automatic Mov't Power Reserve Men Watches 05SW | eBay
    the 2d one is different (less complications : hour, minute, seconds, date) but i can't find a link to similar ones right now.

When i received the watches : I set the time and date and then turned the crown 70 times, the watches then began to work and i wore them.
    2 days after i realised that time was wrong on the two watches. How come ? (The power reserve was still next to 45 hours though )

I then turned the crown 10 times (i was afraid to turn too much and damage the watch), was this not enough ?
    I set up the time again.

THis morning the power reserve watch was stopped, i wore it and it turned on again (time is wrong), power reserve is still around 45 hours, hand just below 45.
    Is the watch supposed to stop at night ? How come the power reserve hand stays near 45 ?

The other watch is still running.

What shall i do now : hand wind them ? How much ?

Thank you for your help ;)

Re: Help beginning with Parnis watches

How wrong was the time? It's not a quartz watch so don't expect 100pc accuracy!

The best I can get from my Seiko 5 is 15 second slower or faster. When It can't keep 1 minute accuracy within 24 hours, then it's the time for me to start to regulate the movement again.

My vintage winding watch holds. the power overnight. When I wound it at night, it still running the morning after. I think it's designed that way, so you can wind it in the morning. I haven't time the power reserved yet.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Most probably power reserve is not working / or is not power reserve, 2 days with 1 full wounding seems ok.
    Parnis usualy has good watches, IWC type pilots, Panerai type homages.
    My Feedback so far:
    Hidden Content

Hello ;)

I did not pay attention to how wrong the time was, i'll update if it does the same again.

Power reserve is still near 45 hours, it looks like it does not work, would you return the watch ?

Is it ok for the watch to stop during the night ?

So now what shall i do : do i need to wait the watch to stop before winding it manually ; and then only 70 wounds isn't it ?

Do you wind manually the watch if it is not stopped, and how much turns / how often ?

Thanks ;)

The watch is broken. Return it.

Hi, i need to contact the seller and see how much it costs to return it. Time is running but the power reserve does not work, it stays around 45 :(

Hello ;=)
    Time seems to work ok, this morning the power reserve was a bit under 40, now it is near 45.
    How does the power reserve work : is it used when i wear the watch or only when the watch is not moving ?

Power reserve tells you how fully wound the watch is. If you manually wind it, PR goes up. If you wear it, PR goes up. If you leave it sitting, PR goes down.

So maybe it is ok that my power reserve doe not go below 40 (only a bit below 40 actually), as i'm wearing the watch everyday since i opened the parcel.
    As it was not decreasing untill zero i 1st thought there is a problem with this power reserve staying between 45 and 40 , i thought that power reserve will decrease in 45 hours to zero .

Also time is ok now.

Does your PR go untill zero ? It is only if you do not wear the watch or also during the day when you wear it ?

I think i'll try to stop wearing the watch to see how the PR behaves.
    Last edited by manchette; August 13th, 2017 at 19:46.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information