I am blown away by the quality and value of this Sugess hand-winding chrono - Page 3
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: I am blown away by the quality and value of this Sugess hand-winding chrono

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: I am blown away by the quality and value of this Sugess hand-winding chrono

How do these movements hold up durability-wise? I have some crazy elbows, so I bang my watches on all sorts of things.

Any update on this ?
    Bulova Seiko Tissot Eterna

I'm interested in pulling the trigger on the moonphase watch as well. Any feedback from previous purchases?
    Ricoh 1960's Dynamic Wide | Vostok Amphibia 420 Modded |Orient Bambino V3 2nd Gen (Blue Dial) | Swatch SAK131 Circulum (ETA) | Timex T2N700 Flyback Chron. | Seiko 5 (1970s) | Seiko Prospex Solar SSC369 | Raketa Big Zero CCCP | Poljot Signal 2612 (1970s) | Rodania Orion

Quote Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
    I'm interested in pulling the trigger on the moonphase watch as well. Any feedback from previous purchases?
    Just received mine today. Comes in a nice wooden presentation box that was somewhat unexpected. Unfortunately mine has to go back though as there is a small scratch or speck of dust under the crystal. Also not even sure if I'm a chrono guy at all, and definitely not a fan of chrome cases. Other than that the band isn't great but also better than I expected, still I swapped it out immediately (before noticing the dust). The deployant however is pretty nice, but it's a 20mm as the band tapers. Chrono hand resets very close to 0 but not quite - maybe 1/5 of a second off. It also seems quite choppy for the first 20 seconds or so when it is running but smoothes out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Disguise likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirv View Post
    Just received mine today. Comes in a nice wooden presentation box that was somewhat unexpected. Unfortunately mine has to go back though as there is a small scratch or speck of dust under the crystal. Also not even sure if I'm a chrono guy at all, and definitely not a fan of chrome cases. Other than that the band isn't great but also better than I expected, still I swapped it out immediately (before noticing the dust). The deployant however is pretty nice, but it's a 20mm as the band tapers. Chrono hand resets very close to 0 but not quite - maybe 1/5 of a second off. It also seems quite choppy for the first 20 seconds or so when it is running but smoothes out.

Hmmm, thanks for the detailed feedback. Well, I guess you get what you pay for, right?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Ricoh 1960's Dynamic Wide | Vostok Amphibia 420 Modded |Orient Bambino V3 2nd Gen (Blue Dial) | Swatch SAK131 Circulum (ETA) | Timex T2N700 Flyback Chron. | Seiko 5 (1970s) | Seiko Prospex Solar SSC369 | Raketa Big Zero CCCP | Poljot Signal 2612 (1970s) | Rodania Orion

Hmmm, thanks for the detailed feedback. Well, I guess you get what you pay for, right?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    No problem and yeah that's for sure. It was a gamble I was willing to take. Luckily (?) I wasn't sure I was clicking with it even before I noticed the dust, it'll make it a lot easier to part with. Still a beautiful watch and a banger deal if you luck out and chrome dressy chronos are your thing. Just guess they're not mine. Hopefully this movement will gain traction with the micros that can provide different designs and better QC just as the st1901 has exploded recently. Time to pick up that Marloe I've been eyeing!

Looks great with that crown/dial combo. How smoothly does the chrono second hand run? Does it stutter and jump? Also does it ever move backward as you activate the chronograph?
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but, please don't click any "Likes" for me (unless there's a prize for "most likes")?

Quote Originally Posted by Chirv View Post
    No problem and yeah that's for sure. It was a gamble I was willing to take. Luckily (?) I wasn't sure I was clicking with it even before I noticed the dust, it'll make it a lot easier to part with. Still a beautiful watch and a banger deal if you luck out and chrome dressy chronos are your thing. Just guess they're not mine. Hopefully this movement will gain traction with the micros that can provide different designs and better QC just as the st1901 has exploded recently. Time to pick up that Marloe I've been eyeing!

If you don't mind, can I ask where you got this from? Reason for asking is that I am eyeing a ST1901 watch on eBay that is from the same seller as this sugess (bjbjcs), but with a case that is slightly different (more like a 50s chronograph). Just using this as a gauge for quality. I really want a moonphase watch, and a mechanical chronograph as well. The sugess just doesn't vibe with that much...

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.B. View Post
    Looks great with that crown/dial combo. How smoothly does the chrono second hand run? Does it stutter and jump? Also does it ever move backward as you activate the chronograph?
    First off, Quick update on the dust: thought it was gone but just happened to relocate to the edge of the crystal. Chrono second is very stuttery from 0-25 seconds or so but then smoothes out. Happens every minute, not just the first 25 seconds. It's still going back.

If you don't mind, can I ask where you got this from? Reason for asking is that I am eyeing a ST1901 watch on eBay that is from the same seller as this sugess (bjbjcs), but with a case that is slightly different (more like a 50s chronograph). Just using this as a gauge for quality. I really want a moonphase watch, and a mechanical chronograph as well. The sugess just doesn't vibe with that much...
    Same seller you mentioned. I'll update as soon as he gets back to me about my return. Yep it's not vibing with me that much either... Even if the second hand wouldn't jump and the dust wasn't there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information