Thread: Iguzzini?

Iguzzini?

Was wondering what you fine folks could tell me about the Iguzzini brand? Do any of you own any of their products?

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Iguzzini?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carey View Post
    Was wondering what you fine folks could tell me about the Iguzzini brand? Do any of you own any of their products?
    I had never heard of the brand until you mentioned it.

Home - Federico Iguzzini Watches

Fascinating back-story and I like the individuality of the design.

Too pricey for a poor chap like me, but thank you for sharing. Has anybody here seen these watches in person?
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Inactive

I think the OP may be referring to the really cheap Chinese quartz models. If there really is an Federico Iguzzini and he has a registered name and trademark, then the other ones are pure fakes ;)

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster View Post
    I think the OP may be referring to the really cheap Chinese quartz models. If there really is an Federico Iguzzini and he has a registered name and trademark, then the other ones are pure fakes ;)
    Fakes already? That was quick. The modern Iguzzini watches have only been on the market since 2009.

The strange thing is that the 'Chinese Hours' wristwatch shown on the About Us page looks extremely similar to the quartz Chinese Hours watches that have been sold on ebay in recent years. However the actual products listed are seemingly of far higher quality and sophistication.

Curiously, in an interview I read, the brand owners were keen to market this as a 'Chinese' brand, even though all the components are imported from Switzerland. Apparently.

Unfortunately (for me, a collector of vintage watches) there are no photos of the original early 20th century Iguzzini watches to get a sense of what they were like.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Thread Information