Now that we are on the subject of Parnis... - Page 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Now that we are on the subject of Parnis...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Now that we are on the subject of Parnis...

Check Parnis.org

As we all know Parnis is a brand name which multiple manufactures use with varying levels of quality. Parnis.org is trying to place themselves as the Premier Parnis watch distributor, claiming a more direct link to the factory with higher quality control standards. They all come with Sapphire, 24 month warranty and lubricated components. How true all of this is, could be a debate topic but I don't see any other Parnis seller even claiming the same quality.

Dajiwatch and many sellers on Ali...express have a great product. I have used these sellers many times and have not been disappointed. Both of these sellers will provide sapphire if asked.

The last models from Parnis use Miyota movements, particularly 82xx, but even 9105. Anyone knows if these movements are oiled?

Quote Originally Posted by oinofilo View Post
    The last models from Parnis use Miyota movements, particularly 82xx, but even 9105. Anyone knows if these movements are oiled?
    Can you tell us, in which models they are using Miyota movements?
    And is this only in Parnis.org watches or Parnis in common? (What is originally Parnis?)

Quote Originally Posted by oinofilo View Post
    I would think any Miyota movement would come oiled and pre-assembled from miyota directly.

Now that we are on the subject of Parnis...

I'm just reading these threads out of curiosity, but it should be noted that when a clean, movement is assembled, with hopefully very clean wheels and gears, the amount of professional grade silicone watch oils that should be used are so small that it can't be measured in a drop. There is a special lubricant holder no bigger than an old contact holder with one drop of perfectly clean lubricant. A needle or pin is inserted into the drop then placed on 3-4 spots, dipping in between the touching. If you talk with a competent watch smith, they will usually be glad to show you on a piece of desktop glass, how tiny the dot of oil from the pin distributes on the glass. From this that very small amount of synthetic oil distributes over a short time, which is why a watch' accuracy should not be measured until after a decent break in period. Usually the problem is with overlubrication of a dirty or contaminated mechanical movement. It is very hard in most Chinese factories to keep any area contamination free, see Apple's woes, but it is common for workers to smoke and even snack at or near their workstations. This is just cultural and will on,y improve with time.

A simple solution is to have the movement properly serviced, including a full cleaning, and proper lubrication with quality lubricants that rival Swiss and German counterparts. It may seem pricy to spend $100US or more, but your watch smith will clean not just the movement, but the dial, using radicó to remove fingerprint oil, the case, inside and out, as well as the crystal, many of which arrive with unnoticed fingerprints on the inside of the case. After getting your watch back you will be amazed how beautiful the watch will look and run. The smith usually will adjust your movement to be as well as can be expected using a good watch time graph as well. This can ensure a long period where your timepiece not on,y looks terrific, but runs so smoothly.

Just my $0.02.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Champagne InHand; 4 Weeks Ago at 19:49.

Quote Originally Posted by fyndi View Post
    Can you tell us, in which models they are using Miyota movements?
    And is this only in Parnis.org watches or Parnis in common? (What is originally Parnis?)
    For instance my PO hommage has a 821A inside
    Name:  ppo-13.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  369.3 KB
    Name:  ppo-14.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  390.8 KB
    And there are many other models, e.g. in sub series that use 8215 or 821A
    The Black Bay hommage uses a 9015
    Just google Parnis Miyota and you'll find a lot of models
    I buy all my Parnis (I have now a Milgauss hommage on the way) either on Alix or on the bay.
    By the way Corgeut and Debert mount 82xx movements on some of their watches.
    Horse_Badorties likes this.

I personally hate the 82xx movements. While they are designed like old ETA movements to withstand being knocked around, I just won't deal with the shuddering seconds hand that's part of that design.

The 9015 is a great movement. I have 2 that when serviced or come lubricated right, will keep COSC like time. They can be a bit noisy if you have a thin case design, but only if you are shaking it, rather than manually winding it up. It's a very nice alternative to have.

In the end, buy what you like. What price you feel comfortable with.

There are a ton of great watches out there. In the end, enjoy what's on your wrist and to hell with what anybody else thinks.

Especially snobby people that don't know Jack about watches and are fixated upon labels.

They should stick to their Apple watches or just use their phones.

Thanks for showing us your PO homage. I had a 42mm PO for about 3 months. It was gorgeous but it so wasn't worth the cost which was $3400. I guess had I kept it it would have held its value but I'm much happier having sold my Omegas and having either vintage or quality homage watches. I like variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne InHand View Post
    I personally hate the 82xx movements. While they are designed like old ETA movements to withstand being knocked around, I just won't deal with the shuddering seconds hand that's part of that design.

The 9015 is a great movement. I have 2 that when serviced or come lubricated right, will keep COSC like time. They can be a bit noisy if you have a thin case design, but only if you are shaking it, rather than manually winding it up. It's a very nice alternative to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have many 82xx in my watches, (Parnis, Debert, Barbos, Marc & Sons and yes, a Citizen Promaster too) and I never noticed that stuttering that bothers so many people. Most of them, without being regulated are within COSC limits. The only minor issue is the lack of hacking. They are inexpensive, but sturdy, reliable and accurate and most of all very easy to service.
    I agree the modern 9015 with its higher beat is a better movement but for its price the 82xx is unrivalled.
    Last edited by oinofilo; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:27.
    Champagne InHand likes this.

I own a Marina Militare 40mm white. It's awesome for the price. Rotor is a bit loud though. I like how it's a panerai style at 40 vs the usual obnoxious sizes
    Champagne InHand likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information