Post up your Parnis! - Page 46
Like Tree1134Likes

Thread: Post up your Parnis!

Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Re: Post up your Parnis!

Hide the children and the women-folk!

Keith Pointlessly Posts His Collection in Alphabetical Order (DAY TWELVE...Sweet Jesus, really?)!!!

...is rollin' into town.

Today, I humbly bring before you a polarising watch (well, brand really). I give you the PARNIS Moon-Phase...

I did my reading on PARNIS before the purchase; so much so, that after a while I decided to tally up the approximate hours I had spent reading about the brand,
    and using the American minimum wage as a guideline, ciphered that I could have bought a really, really nice food processor with the sweet paycheck that I
    was never going to receive.

That was it. I kinda said to myself, "You are being nutty. The goldarn thing only costs $105." Yes, I give myself little pep-talks to achieve clarity from time to time.

So, I bought it and even commemorated the event with an [unboxing](PARNIS Moon-Phase - Album on Imgur).

"Pleased" is not the right word to describe the product that I received. So, I am gonna go with "shocked." The dial, even under a loupe, is nearly flawless, and the
    Arabic numerals and hands, while not actually heat or chemically blued, are close enough for my liking. Also, the finish on this watch is worlds nicer than it has any
    right to be. The brushed areas of its stainless steel case are even and consistent, and the polished bezel is free from any noticeable scratches or defects (well, it
    was when I got it, but I wear this watch a lot). Even the stock strap is good enough to keep.

The movement, a Sea-Gull 2528...

...(image stolen from the WWW) can be found in a costlier Sea-Gull [piece](-SeaGull USA), but luckily,
    I like the design of mine so, so much more (it's the perfect symmetry, y'all).

It ran 15 seconds slow a day right out of the box...

...which isn't terrible, but I like fast a hell of a lot more than slow. Now that I've calibrated it, she runs about seven seconds fast a day reliably, and I can more than live with that.

She is a 43mm watch, whose relatively short lugs make it wear just a tiny bit smaller. The height, however...

...is an unapologetic 16mm. You read that right. This thing is a hockey puck, and I love it. Believe me when I tell you, she gets noticed when you wear her, and I
    I have gotten many, many compliments on it.

Apparently, the seller matters a lot if you want to get a "good" PARNIS. So I will put the link of the place I bought mine right [here](43mm Parnis Pilot Moon Phase Automatic Movement Men Watch Datejust Watch | eBay).

If you have not yet arrived at the conclusion that this watch shocked the hell out of me in such a terrific way, then I have failed; I have failed completely and utterly.

So, all y'all folks that are where I was ("I really like the look of this watch, but I've heard bad things...") should get off the fence. For $105 dollars, this true moon-phase has brought me a helluva lot
    of enjoyment.

This has grown rather long, so, assuming that I can still adhere to the old adage "always leave 'em wanting more," I rest my case.

Tomorrow. Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel...
    Andrei Mihaila likes this.

I have a somewhat similar one at your moonphase, and I agree, this watch is MUCH nicer than it deserves to be. Mine runs about 10 seconds fast a day. No big deal to me.

That's MISTER Alden to you, sir!

I love that moonphase. It gives me pause having PARNIS across the dial, but for $105 it might be worth it to have just kicking around.
    Trying to keep the west wild. Instagram: Blacktocomm

Name:  P_20160712_131247.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  162.6 KBName:  P_20160712_130704.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  538.3 KBName:  P_20160712_130713.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  122.8 KBName:  P_20160712_130732.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  151.1 KB here's what i have just arrived last month
    Alden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirErnest View Post
    Name:  P_20160712_131247.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  162.6 KBName:  P_20160712_130704.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  538.3 KBName:  P_20160712_130713.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  122.8 KBName:  P_20160712_130732.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  151.1 KB here's what i have just arrived last month
    How much did you pay for it?
    That's MISTER Alden to you, sir!

My newly acquired sterile dial Parnis. Ceramic bezel, comfortable bracelet, hand winding and hack-able, I am really enjoying this watch a lot!

Tom

Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more, than the traveling hands of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alden View Post
    How much did you pay for it?
    Hi Alden, I got this in an Auction in Ebay for $59 + $10 shipping fee and waited 20 days fom Hongkong to Philippines. it has good brushed finish and really wears comfortbaly.
    Leszek Kralka likes this.

Name:  Parnis Small.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  185.1 KB
    here's a better Shot of my Parnis

My parnis of the day

I purchased a Parnis largely for interest's sake. I bought this GMT for $70 from Daji Watch (from whom I've purchased individual watch parts before, and always had a good experience), then put a decent Crown & Buckle chocolate croc strap on it. I am stunned at what a nice-looking and fun watch this is. I love the texture and silvery sheen of the dial. I've kept it wound several days now, and so far it's been pretty dead on accurate.

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Most quotations you see on the internet are incorrect--​Mark Twain

Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information