Post up your Parnis! - Page 49
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: Post up your Parnis!

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Re: Post up your Parnis!

I almost forgot I have this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6136.jpg 
Views:	906 
Size:	638.8 KB 
ID:	9092106
    Hidden Content (lost) / Certina DS-1 Auto Chrono / Hidden Content /... / ???

That is the first time I've seen that one. It's really nice. Where did you find it?
    itsl likes this.
    That's MISTER Alden to you, sir!

I'm not sure, eBay probably. It's a 2009 purchase so there weren't many places to shop for a Parnis watch.

Another GMT

I was wearing my parnis GMT today on the motorcycle when we got a bit of shower going, and I did t have my gloves.

It still works. I am quite surprised and pleased

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've been looking at possibly the GMT or the Subs how do you guys find water resistance? Obviously not going diving but might be nice to be able to jump in the pool or ocean briefly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryb View Post
    I've been looking at possibly the GMT or the Subs how do you guys find water resistance? Obviously not going diving but might be nice to be able to jump in the pool or ocean briefly

I wouldn't risk it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryb View Post

That's a good question. It seems to be hit or miss. I have a lot of Chinese/Japanese made homage watches, and so far all of them, but one, have done well.

My Invicta 8926ob 200m WR diver has been in the ocean, in the pool, and in the shower, and shows no signs of leakage.

My Parnis Datejust 50m WR has been in the shower and under a few inches of water a few times, no leaks.

My Alpha Explorer has been in the shower a few times, and it fogged up. I opened the back and let it dry out, and it's fine, but it's not going in the water again.

My recommendation is to treat these watches as if they are WR to 30m or less, so if you splash a little on it, or take a walk in the rain, they will be fine. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess. With the Tiger Concept watch, that is what Will Woo recommends. Don't take them swimming. They might be fine, but it's not really worth risking, unless you're just curious and a risk taker by nature.

If you want to take your watch swimming, take your Seiko SKX007, or your Casio G-Shock. Mine love the water.

Last edited by Alden; August 23rd, 2016 at 01:21.
    That's MISTER Alden to you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Alden View Post
    That's a good question. It seems to be hit or miss. I have a lot of Chinese/Japanese made homage watches, and so far all of them, but one, have done well.

My Invicta 8926ob 200m WR diver has been in the ocean, in the pool, and in the shower, and shows no signs of leakage.

My Parnis Datejust 50m WR has been in the shower and under a few inches of water a few times, no leaks.

My Alpha Explorer has been in the shower a few times, and it fogged up. I opened the back and let it dry out, and it's fine, but it's not going in the water again.

My recommendation is to treat these watches as if they are WR to 30m or less, so if you splash a little on it, or take a walk in the rain, they will be fine. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess. With the Tiger Concept watch, that is what Will Woo recommends. Don't take them swimming. They might be fine, but it's not really worth risking, unless you're just curious and a risk taker by nature.

If you want to take your watch swimming, take your Seiko SKX007, or your Casio G-Shock. Mine love the water.

Thanks for the info, I've got myself both an SKX009 and a G-Shock for when I know I'm going to need a beater or go for a swim, just like the idea of adding another option to the mix.

Appreciate your $0.02

anabuki likes this.

This one is also ancient by Parnis measures. I guess it's the simplest ST25 Parnis watch of this type — no PR gauge, no "open heart", no subdials. It runs fine when it runs at all, sometimes it stutters and stops until a good shake. Winding is stiff, it feels like it's already overwound all the time. Also the rotor is very loud. That said, it's over 7 years old and it was under $30 back then.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pernis-st25.jpg 
Views:	743 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	9158682
    glassmandave likes this.

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information