Post up your Parnis! - Page 6
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: Post up your Parnis!

Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast

Re: Post up your Parnis!

Don't feed Pawl_Buster!
    Last edited by Shawnny; November 19th, 2013 at 18:23.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnny View Post
    It is a collective of watch makers, in China, paying for the right to use the Parnis name. Your splitting hairs. But yeah, I do see what you mean.
    Why would anyone pay to use a name that there is no trademark, copyright or other legal title to?
    Nobody is paying to use the name.

The sellers who peddle 'Parnis' watches do nothing more than place an order for a minimum number of pieces with 'Parnis' printed on them or they get them with Bagel Sport or some other made up name.

If I wanted to, I could have an order of watches made up with 'Shawny' on the dial, 'Shawnny' etched on the strap buckle and a 'Shawnny' sticker stuck to the rotor. If you had registered 'Shawnny' as a brand, then I might have to pay licensing rights to use it...but, like the 'Parnis' name, neither has been registered as a brand name or as a company. Both are free to use by anyone who wants to stick them on a watch or anything else.

So that this post doesn't go without a picture...

Yep, a brand new Parnis that had loose screws and mounting tabs rolling around loose inside. This was one of two and they both came from different sellers.
    The Parnis called Vasco in the World Traveler stick at the top of the page is another example. It has gone missing but before it did, the weight on the rotor became partially dislocated. The power reserve indicator had become rotated on it's pinion; the lower register had gotten out of sync with the minute hand and the watch was prone to stopping for no reason whatsoever.

I've been offered two replacements for Vasco but I will have to repair them before they can go out into the world

Many folks have had good success with these watches because they've purchased them from reliable sellers. Many have not. My personal experience so far is running !00% not so good.

Any company that manufactured a watch like this and put their name on it would definitely take more pride in it and ensure that the product at least appeared to have gone through some sort of QC.
    Last edited by Pawl_Buster; November 19th, 2013 at 01:44.
    Dark_K likes this.

OP, how about deleting this blow hard - PB 's posts? He obviously has an agenda to grind, and has no intention of following your wishes on sharing photos of Parnis watches.

PB, if you want to continue to play along, post some of your Parnis collection. Don't have any? go the .... away.
    mft4 likes this.

Don't feed Pawl_Buster!
    Last edited by Shawnny; November 19th, 2013 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by ethebull View Post
    OP, how about deleting this blow hard - PB 's posts? He obviously has an agenda to grind, and has no intention of following your wishes on sharing photos of Parnis watches.

PB, if you want to continue to play along, post some of your Parnis collection. Don't have any? go the .... away.
    Good idea! I'm done.

Banned

No agenda...just bringing a dose of reality to the table. I no longer have any of these watches in my possession and will not ever buy one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnny View Post
    Because someone owns the Parnis name. And, if you haven't noticed, there are a lot of them being sold. A bunch of watch companies, just didn't decide, all at once to put a certain name on watch dials. It happened for a very good reason.
    There are a lot of fake Rolex being sold but that doesn't make them legitimate. There are a lot of watches being sold with equally non licensed labels on them.

No one owns the 'Parnis' name. It was registered in China a few years ago by someone who seems to have nothing to do with the watch industry; who has not done a single thing to protect his registered name and until we see proof, has not licensed it to anyone.

Until a real registerd business steps up and shows us that it has the legal ownership of the name 'Parnis' and that it is producing these watches...it is a noname watch different in no way from any others that came from the same factories with other non brand names or no names at all.

Facts are facts. I'm sorry if you can't accept that or live with it but that doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster View Post
    I no longer have any of these watches in my possession and will not ever buy one.
    Why take part in this thread then?? this thread was about admiring other collectors parnis watches, who cares about trademarks and licences, the majority of people who buy parnis know what there getting, a cheap chinese homage, let us enjoy them!

chico
    Last edited by chicolabronse; November 19th, 2013 at 11:09.
    hked -- Seiko -- Deep blue -- Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by chicolabronse View Post
    Why take part in this thread then?? this thread was about admiring other collectors parnis watches, who cares about trademarks and licences, the majority of people who buy parnis know what there getting, a cheap chinese homage, let us enjoy them!

chico
    +1
    canadian300zx likes this.

How can I delete his posts?

And, sorry guys. I guess I ended up feeding the troll. I learned a lot by this.

Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information