Post up your Parnis! - Page 8
Like Tree1134Likes

Thread: Post up your Parnis!

Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

Re: Post up your Parnis!

I was feeling pretty good about my Parnis diver, until I opened it up the other day to regulate it. The following photos point up the problem. Is it just a fake Etachron regulator, or is it a fake ETA movement?Pardon the yellow lighting. It's bright flouresent lighting, taken without a flash.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Leszek Kralka likes this.

Banned

Well, it certainly is not an ETA movement.
    The etachron micro adjust is also definitely fake, even for a fake movement.

You can still regulate the movement but it will be more difficult because you will have to move the regulator bar back and for in infinitesimally small increments to get the timing you want.
    Just in case you aren't sure which lever is the regulator; it's the one pointing to 9 o'clock in your picture. Teh one pointing t 7 0'clock is the stud carrier bar and should not be touched.

Quote Originally Posted by zeitreise View Post
    One of my best Parnis - my mistake ... i´ve sold it

Shame!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster View Post
    Well, it certainly is not an ETA movement.
    The etachron micro adjust is also definitely fake, even for a fake movement.

You can still regulate the movement but it will be more difficult because you will have to move the regulator bar back and for in infinitesimally small increments to get the timing you want.
    Just in case you aren't sure which lever is the regulator; it's the one pointing to 9 o'clock in your picture. Teh one pointing t 7 0'clock is the stud carrier bar and should not be touched.
    Yes, I know. I just find the blatant deception troubling.

started as an usual "hey all, let's count all the watches here that are like mine" this thread become epic because of patience and great knowledge of my f72-hero - Pawl_Buster
    thank you, Pawl, for bringing that backlight of the truth here (and there on f72 :)) the one that can hear - will hear (or how do you say it? :))

for not being totally offtopy - here's one of my parnises. (do you mind quartz?)

Name:  1mf6u.jpeg
Views: 2046
Size:  186.0 KB

Banned

I'm guessing the quartz models will always be more trouble free than the mechanicals given that most of them have Japanese movements in them

That one looks good too

yes
    the forum mind says there is miyota 0s00 inside so it seems to be reliable
    and the build quality is rather good not to say great :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed P. View Post
    Parnis 200m Diver, with sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel insert.
    how smooth is the sweep on this piece, Ed? I just bought one and it said it had a "seagull movement asian 2836 clone" so i'm hoping it's 28,000 oscillations, not 21,600. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofalmighty View Post
    how smooth is the sweep on this piece, Ed? I just bought one and it said it had a "seagull movement asian 2836 clone" so i'm hoping it's 28,000 oscillations, not 21,600. Thanks!
    Different sellers offer different movements at different price points. At $110-130, it's a 21,600 movement. At around $180+ you'll find 28,000 variations.

Quote Originally Posted by ethebull View Post
    Different sellers offer different movements at different price points. At $110-130, it's a 21,600 movement. At around $180+ you'll find 28,000 variations.
    Interesting. I'll post up mine when it gets here next week or so, I might even do a review.

Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information