Review SEKARO Diver with Day Date Month 24hr Complication
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Review SEKARO Diver with Day Date Month 24hr Complication

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture Review SEKARO Diver with Day Date Month 24hr Complication

Review of The Sekaro (Planet Ocean -ish) Diver with Day Date Month 24hr Complication

This is my first experience buying Chinese watch. I bought Sekaro Planet Ocean-ish with black dial and orange bezel.

The watch offer day, date, month, and 24 hours complications. When buying online, they often mentioned as a full calendar or complete calendar watches.

I'm in the market looking for watches with calendar complications. At first, I was laying my eyes on Seiko perpetual calendar and the higher price Citizen watches. The Swiss automatic with calendar complications is obviously not on my list.

But soon I realized I can get a lower price on the Chinese watches. Only to find there are no Chinese Complications is truly automatic. They often only a manual adjustment complication.

The reason why I bought Sekaro and no other Chinese brand, whereas many Chinese brands offer similar looks; is because Sekaro product presentation is very good. They show many product images somewhat looks like professionally taken. But it's where the problem starts to begin.
    Here's my story.

Negatives:

1. Defect: The watch hands (the second, hour, minutes) is stuttering, skipping, and catching-up. It happens when passing between 12 and 6. And when I turn the crown to set the time; the hour and minutes hands have the same problem.
    2. The seller picture posted is often not accurate: The seller picture posted is more matt in looks. The watch I received is much more blingy, glossy compared to the seller picture. Especially the hands.

(Seller picture on website)

(The actual product)
    3. Hands are hard to read: Because of the glossiness; Often times the hands renders as black when the reflections are not right. Making it so hard to tell the time. All you can see is tiny white paint stripe on the center. Now I understand why many Seiko is using matted hands.

(Reflection White)

(Reflection Black)

(Reflection White)

(Reflection Black)
    4. The date window is super dinky. I can't read the date. I wonder why they build the window with extra detailing. It's using glass window. Most watches have enough by having a beveled cutout window, without any glass.
    5. The orange colored aluminum bezel is the same as other Chinese diver watches. The aluminum color is something like my iPod shuffle. I would like to prefer a solid opaque color more than transparent iPod color.
    6. The writing and marking are hilarious like other Chinese watches. The marking on the back of the movement says "Automatic Have Jewels". I believe there's much more to be found.

7. The finishing leftover is not cleaned. There are several black spots in several areas, as on both upper and lower lug areas. But it's not major.
    8. The packaging is nothing to proud of. They sent me red heart watch box for the Sekaro. But I prefer this way as long as the price is low. And the customs personnel might in disgust seeing the box without even opening it.

Pros:

1. The domed glass is stunning. I think it's sapphire because it sounds damped when knocked. The crystal is very clear, especially when wet it becomes invisible. And seeing the overly glossy hands ruin the experience.
    2. Accuracy: In this few days I haven't made any corrections.
    3. 20mm Bracelet: Slimmer than most of the divers out there. Fits my hands better.
    4. Butterfly clasp: Very comfortable since it doesn't have thick clasp when you rest your hand. And it flush with the bracelets, makes it aesthetically pleasing.

It's made from solid metal, but I can't say it's beautifully made nor solid thick. Since the finishing is glossy and off with the rest of the bracelets which is matt.

5. The Sekaro marking is everywhere. The marking on the dial could be better with solid material like on the Seiko.

The one on the crown and bracelets is just laser etched. It could be better if stamped.

I don't know how much Sekaro production is. But I guess it's many enough to be able to have those better marking.
    6. Shipping Time: Very Fast. Great experience! I ordered August 2, It arrived on August 12. 10 days only. Wow.
    7. The seller gave me bracelet adjustment tool. Which is ok. Since I already have one.

*Still updating and uploading pictures
    Last edited by Theo Sudarja; August 18th, 2017 at 09:26.
    RacerMachX likes this.

Re: Sekaro Planet Ocean

Pictures please?

Sent with Tapatalk

The fake chrono subdials and nonexistent water resistance irk me but it looks good. What's the movement?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
    Casio | IK Colouring | Luch | Orient | Seiko | Swatch | Swiss Legend | Tissot

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Ben View Post
    The fake chrono subdials and nonexistent water resistance irk me but it looks good. What's the movement?

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
    Instead of chronograph, it has calendar sub-dials.

For the movement, I don't know.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mougino View Post
    Pictures please?

Sent with Tapatalk
    Updated with pictures. More is coming.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Sea-Gull ST16.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    Sea-Gull ST16.
    Ah Seagull, It should be good. Sadly mine is stuttering.

The ST16 in my IK-Colouring still hasn't failed yet :)

My next Chinese watch better has to be a ST 21 or higher though, since it looks like every Chinese cheap watch now uses ST16
    Casio | IK Colouring | Luch | Orient | Seiko | Swatch | Swiss Legend | Tissot

The ST16 in my IK-Colouring still hasn't failed yet :)

My next Chinese watch better has to be a ST 21 or higher though, since it looks like every Chinese cheap watch now uses ST16
    I did considering IK Colouring also. They also have nice calendar complication models.

What's the movement?
    "Automatic Have Jewels".

(I'm sorry, but I'm laughing my ass off. I don't know why I found that so funny.)
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information