Thread: Sea-gull TY-2714

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sea-gull TY-2714

Hello,

one week ago, I have received watches Louis Bolle Slope with Sea-gull movement TY-2714. Movement is automatic movement, with Power reserve indicator at 10:30, Small second at 6 and date at 2:30. Here you can find some pictures of movement:

Stowa Antea KS (my wife), Nomos Orion Rosť Gold glasboden, Timefactors Speedbird III

Re: Sea-gull TY-2714

Chascomm has stated the the TY-28XX is the ST16. I'm not sure which Seagull movement is the TY-27XX.

You can start looking on the tjseagull website.

I clicked on the ST17's and noticed that there are multiple pages (drop down page # on the bottom right), so each base movement has lots of variations.

Cheers,
    gigfy

It is a Sea-gull ST16 movement, attached is the dimension drawing, it is a very realiable movement:

Seagull Honkong gives little bit different names to movements. What I liked on those watches, is that they mention the movement number so I can check what movement is inside.

Stowa Antea KS (my wife), Nomos Orion Rosť Gold glasboden, Timefactors Speedbird III

Agree, It makes +12 seconds per 24 hours (it is new so I have to wait for 6 months). Power reserve indicator works exactly as it should, date indicator also. It seems to be a reliable movement.

Hey Safi_cz,

Thanks for the HK website. I checked out a few of the movements and noticed a correlation between the two sites.

TY2846S(1622) on the HK page is a ST1622 on the Tsinlien page. Probably pretty obvious to most, both having the 1622, but I'm glad I figured it out.

Cheers,
    gigfy

Quote Originally Posted by gigfy View Post
    Hey Safi_cz,

Thanks for the HK website. I checked out a few of the movements and noticed a correlation between the two sites.

TY2846S(1622) on the HK page is a ST1622 on the Tsinlien page. Probably pretty obvious to most, both having the 1622, but I'm glad I figured it out.

Cheers,
    gigfy
    please check movement name on a sheet from HK page..there is ST17N...strange

Hi Safi_cz,

When I was looking at both sites, I couldn't even find your TY-2714. That is when I discovered the correlation. I was watching the kids this morning so I was trying to find the info but was not able to devote my complete attention.

I just found a page with a list of technical drawings of the movements. With the TY-2714 listed.

When I clicked on a couple of them, I saw that the movements had yet another code after the base movement number. ST17F3, ST17L, ST17L(Chinese characters), etc.

I think we'll have to wait for one of the experts to clue us in.

Cheers,
    gigfy

Quote Originally Posted by gigfy View Post
    Hi Safi_cz,

When I was looking at both sites, I couldn't even find your TY-2714. That is when I discovered the correlation. I was watching the kids this morning so I was trying to find the info but was not able to devote my complete attention.

I just found a page with a list of technical drawings of the movements. With the TY-2714 listed.

When I clicked on a couple of them, I saw that the movements had yet another code after the base movement number. ST17F3, ST17L, ST17L(Chinese characters), etc.

I think we'll have to wait for one of the experts to clue us in.

Cheers,
    gigfy

agree

Question Re: Sea-gull TY-2714

I have recently purchased a Duboule "Ashcroft", with the SST bracelet and TY-2714 movement. I have been trying to find out more about the movement. The Duboule web site states that it is a 28 jewel movement.
    Ist Question: Is this a dependable movement?
    2nd Question: Does anyone know anything about the company?

The site where I purchased it is Ubid, an auction web site.
    Does anyone have any watches they may have purchased there?

Much to my dismay, I looked on ebay and found the same watch for about $100US less than I paid.:oops:
    Perhaps someone can make me feel better by answering my questions.
    Thanks for any help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information