Thread: Seagull 3600K jewels??

Seagull 3600K jewels??

I purchased an Invicta mechanical skeleton watch with the Seagull 3600k, and after some sleuthing I find that it is a 10 Jewel movement. This is not to be confused with other Seagulls, like the TY3600, which may have 17 jewels or more. My concern is, although it runs well and accurately now, what friction points are not protected by jeweling in this budget movement, so that the watch becomes a throw-away when it is time to service. I suspect some key pivots will wear due to lack of jewels and will not be servicable without replacing parts, if available. Thoughts?

Inactive

Re: Seagull 3600K jewels??

Quote Originally Posted by giwatcher View Post
    I purchased an Invicta mechanical skeleton watch with the Seagull 3600k, and after some sleuthing I find that it is a 10 Jewel movement. This is not to be confused with other Seagulls, like the TY3600, which may have 17 jewels or more. My concern is, although it runs well and accurately now, what friction points are not protected by jeweling in this budget movement, so that the watch becomes a throw-away when it is time to service. I suspect some key pivots will wear due to lack of jewels and will not be servicable without replacing parts, if available. Thoughts?
    I would be very surprised if Sea Gull actually produced a 10 jewel 3600 calibre but I would not be the least bit surpised that Invicta made claims about it being a Sea Gull.
    Without pictures of the movement; it's impossible to say what you have.

As far as jewel count goes; there are still lots of 1 jewel pin lever movements out there that still work fine after decades of use and abuse with no servicing.

Post some pictures of the movement if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl_Buster

I would be very surprised if Sea Gull actually produced a 10 jewel 3600 calibre but I would not be the least bit surpised that Invicta made claims about it being a Sea Gull.
    Without pictures of the movement; it's impossible to say what you have.

As far as jewel count goes; there are still lots of 1 jewel pin lever movements out there that still work fine after decades of use and abuse with no servicing.

Post some pictures of the movement if you can.
    Hit the nail on the head!
    Stratocasters Rock!

Thread Information