Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cocacola_co2

Thread: Seagull movments,which one the best

Seagull movments,which one the best

I am planning to buy a couple of panerai homage that have Seagull movement watches but i am not sure which will be the best Seagull movements .
    The choices are 3600 hand wind ,2550 and 2530.
    Which movement will be the best accurate and at the same time long lived ?
    Thank you.

Usually, the seagulls used in non-seagull watches are not of the same quality in seagulls watches. However you might get lucky. They are all about the same IMO get what suits you best! They are all mare by a great company
    Stratocasters Rock!

Re: Seagull movments,which one the best

I think hes asking about the difference between the different seagull calibers.

I would like to know too...for example the ST2130(i think thats the correct number) is based off the ETA movement, but how does it compare to the ST25? What maks the two of them different, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by IanC
    I think hes asking about the difference between the different seagull calibers.

I would like to know too...for example the ST2130(i think thats the correct number) is based off the ETA movement, but how does it compare to the ST25? What maks the two of them different, etc?
    Design mostly. And they are able to use different complications.
    Stratocasters Rock!

As I've read a thread written by a person who was working for Sea-gull in a Chinese forum, ST25 is not so stable, it's a copy constantin movement, sometimes the balance wheel hits the pallet fork, it's appeared as stuttering. And the rotor falls in some ST25 watches.

ST3600 mvt is a copy of ETA 6497/6498, it's big and assembled on big pallets, biger pallets give it higher stability and higher accuracy, a biger mvt is easier to regulate and adjust, this is just like clock is easier to adjust than watch.

Hope the information is helpful and hope you can understand my English

Cheers,
    William
    bryan123456 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola_co2 View Post
    Hope the information is helpful and hope you can understand my English

Cheers,
    William
    Excellent English. Perfectly understandable. Thanks for posting information.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1951 View Post
    Excellent English. Perfectly understandable. Thanks for posting information.

ST2130 is copying ETA 2824 (vastly used in Swiss and German watches)

Here is a thread comparing TY2130(I think it's the same as ST2130, only difference is being sold by HK seagull not Tianjin seagull) and ETA 2824 (and Hangzhou 6300 as well): How do Seagull and Hangzhou compare to a ETA: An in-depth look...

ST2130 is more stable than ST25, but now almost all complicated seagull watches are based on ST25 mvt. I never see a ST21 seagull watch with complications but only the date here in China, I don't know how about the abroad market. I heard that ST21-based complicated watches still during researching and designing.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola_co2 View Post
    ST2130 is copying ETA 2824 (vastly used in Swiss and German watches)

Here is a thread comparing TY2130(I think it's the same as ST2130, only difference is being sold by HK seagull not Tianjin seagull) and ETA 2824 (and Hangzhou 6300 as well): How do Seagull and Hangzhou compare to a ETA: An in-depth look...

ST2130 is more stable than ST25, but now almost all complicated seagull watches are based on ST25 mvt. I never see a ST21 seagull watch with complications but only the date here in China, I don't know how about the abroad market. I heard that ST21-based complicated watches still during researching and designing.
    Thanks for the info, that was very informative. I think ST2130 is also noticeably more expensive than the ST25...but its kind of hard to tell whether there will be a significant difference in performance and quality at this point.

Thread Information