TaoBao Buying Agent in English and accept Paypal
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: TaoBao Buying Agent in English and accept Paypal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TaoBao Buying Agent in English and accept Paypal

Hi, I found that the buying agents in China generally offer more competitive pricing, especially there is no minimum fee of USD10 which is commonly charged by buying agents elsewhere, as well as better service, for example they work 7 days a week.

However, one hurdle has remained impeding the businesses from gaining overseas people who see no Chinese and speak no Chinese.

This buying agent which I used before has now used 'google translate' in their pages which translate all contents into whatever language at your choice. This is great news and I thought I should share with you. The drop down box of google translate is at the bottom right corner.

Disclaimer : I am not associated with the agent in anyway save only being a customer before and accept no liability or whatsoever because of my statement in this post and/or thread.

Finally, if you want to join and if you can join via this link, I will gain some membership points and thus add some haulage to this hobby and at no cost to you. However, you can also feel free to join from its website directly.

Re: TaoBao Buying Agent in English and accept Paypal

I can confirm that 86daigou is a reliable agent. I have used them for many purchases inc. watches and books totaling over US$1000 in the past couple of years or so. I have encountered no loss. They even negotiated with Chinese sellers better prices for me and shared the saving.

Note: In the past, they provided no English translation. Now that they do, this should be useful to non-Chinese readers who want to purchase from TaoBao or other Chinese sites.
    Last edited by dancheng; November 27th, 2010 at 16:53.

This may be the way to go to find some Seagull watch models that have been discontinued by US Seagull. The only problem I see is whether or not a warranty would be honored with the purchase if I didn't order from Seagull HK. I have looked at the Seagull HK site but I see no way of doing international ordering. Their prices are also higher than what US Seagull had been charging for the discontinued models. They also have some other nice looking models that US Seagull doesn't carry. I know some here have ordered the 1963 reissue directly from reading the threads but I haven't seen yet how they made that transaction. I don't see an alternative but to contact Seagull HK directly but I would rather not just hand over a credit card number to make the purchase. I would feel more comfortable using my Paypal account. The google translation of their website offers no clues for purchasing or Paypal.

I'm a bit late to the Chinese mechanical segment of the watch market and if I'm going to spend money I'd rather not waste it taking my chances on eBay. I don't know of another quality watch that uses the Seagull ST 25 open heart movement that I would be willing to lay down my bucks. Parnis just sounds to be iffy and their models are too big. Timex SL doen't work for me either with their style and size. Other Chinese models insist on putting the silly and unnecessary second hand above the flywheel whether or not they have a sweeping second in the center. So I keep coming back to the Seagull HK 40mm size and not sure how to go about it or if I really want to pay that much more for just a "fun" watch.

Nurtz!

Perhaps a dumb question, but how does one use such a buying agent? I can see from Google translate that the watch I was looking for is available on TaoBao, but I have no idea how to actually use this person's service. Can you let me know any more, I would appreciate it, thanks!

That's something I have not figured out for myself yet. I can find stuff on Taobao and can translate most of the page from Google translate but I don't have a clue about how to buy something on that site. I don't trust just handing over a credit card number to some stranger if that is how it works. There is a little primer somewhere in this forum about Taobao but it still makes little sense to me.

Still looking for that 171s, Zeo? There is this link to Seagull China, but again, I'm clueless. The watch is also more than 100 dollars over the US Seagull price. ::::.ŸֱŹ˾վ::::

Here's the primer for Taobao. Navigating Taobao for Chinese watches

There is also this thread. "Where to buy" and "Why buy a Chinese watch"

It's a shame that there isn't an English version, trying to peruse TaoBao using translation tools is just an exercise in frustration!!
    Sub captains go down with their ship!

Even if you did find something through pictures and translation tools, how do you pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by lateasusual View Post
    Even if you did find something through pictures and translation tools, how do you pay for it?
    Payment for a deal or a purchase, for customers outside China, in TaoBao is the greatest fun or pain ( it all depends on you). I have only one direct deal with a seller before using buying agent. I used credit card to pay Xoom and then Xoom paid the money into bank account of the seller in China. There were whole lot of communications involved including method of shipment, the relevant charges, seller bank account and details, etc. That is because TB is not an international platform; the system does not cater for international deals. Some of you may find it enjoying and adventurous whilst others may not.

Moderator: F72 and F71 AlbertaTime's Avatar

I contact the Taobao sellers directly using Trade Manager/Alibaba...just as if I was using MSN or some such thing. TM/Alibaba is how Taobao expects buyers to talk to sellers. You can tell when a seller is online, and just send them a "howdy" message and request to talk.

I operate in Chinese generally using two translation pages back and forth to ensure some sort of sense in what I'm typing and to translate the responses I get, and I explain to folks right up front who I am and that I am from Alberta Canada. I do my best to be sensible and polite and consequently I get treated very well by friendly, helpful people who are happy to sell me things . The worst I ever got was a still very polite response saying the person preferred to deal only in China...and that's fine; I understand that.

A few times the seller has been quite fluent in English so then we've dealt in English, but mostly the Chinese sellers manage to make sense of my probably humourously inept Chinese, and so we conclude a friendly deal.

I've sent cash (as in actual dollars/bills) by express mail/courier, I've used Western Union (easy); I've used bank to bank transfer (easier), I've used Xoom (Too bad Xoom doesn't work with Paypal anymore but credit cards work). Bank to bank transfer is pretty quick--a few days; W/Union is almost same-day. The sellers have always been willing to work something out, and a bank transfer is the most commonly suggested method by sellers.

Yes, there is no PayPal protection...if a deal goes south, there's not anything likely going to get done about it, but life has risks and I've actually never ever had a problem with seller I met on Taobao, I've never lost money or not received merchandise.

Caveat: I don't recommend doing what I do--I just tell people what I do and what results I get. Caveat Emptor and "buy the seller, not the watch" still applies.

And regarding Ozputera's point: I've always enjoyed the direct contact with the sellers...I think the sellers and I have actually had a good, fun time dealing with each other.
    Last edited by AlbertaTime; November 28th, 2010 at 13:45.
    Hidden Content in Peace River (AMCH/PR) Hidden Content
    Member: Hidden Content , a formally instituted Working Committee under the direction of the Hidden Content .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information