You want coffee Sir? Watchuseek and West Coast Roasting proudly announce...

Thread: You want coffee Sir? Watchuseek and West Coast Roasting proudly announce...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Off Topic post You want coffee Sir? Watchuseek and West Coast Roasting proudly announce...

Watchuseek and West Coast Roasting proudly announce the partnership in the Watchuseek Café. From now on we will be happy to serve you with some real good and tasty coffee!

"You want coffee, Sir?"

Press release from West Coast Roasting:

Pretty much we just buy the best beans in the world, hand roast each batch to order, and mail it out by two day air in the continental US, so you get the beans ultra-fresh. You can smell the goodness before you even open the box it arrives in!

We donate $.25lb to the International Medical Corps relief efforts, in the Sudan specifically, as we feel the victims of that conflict are critically overlooked.

In addition, we'd like to offer an introductory 10% discount to the members of Watchuseek through Christmas.

Freshness is paramount: if you've never had world class, fresh roasted coffee straight out of the roaster, you're in for a treat.

About West Coast Roasting:

West Coast Roasting Company was brought into existence in March of 2005....no wait, maybe it was in February of 2003, when my wife, Melissa, introduced me to The Coffee Roaster in Sherman Oaks, California. I went to buy some freshly roasted beans, and I left two hours later with an offer from the owner, Dick Healy, to apprentice as a roaster...or maybe it was when during my travels in the Middle East I was first served a cup of Turkish coffee prepared the original way, boiled in a finjan over an open fire with cardamom and sugar, and I was hooked.

Wherever it originated, our search for great coffee has led us to start our own small roasting company, with the goal of providing the best beans we can find, bar none; each batch slowly drum-roasted to its optimum level to allow the flavors to develop without obscuring the flavors of the coffee with that of the roast.

There is no sense in going to all the trouble to get those amazing beans if they are not fresh when you get them, so each batch is roasted to order and shipped (or delivered, if local) within 24 hours. You can’t beat the aroma and flavor of freshly roasted coffee just a day or two out of the roaster!

Because West Coast Roasting Company is a very personal business, we'd also like to give back, and in a personal way that will truly impact someone elses life. There are many fine charities to choose from, and many worthy causes, but the one that speaks to us most is the genocide in the Sudan. We feel it is ignored, overlooked, and abandoned. We will be donating 25 cents from each pound of coffee sold to the International Medical Corps. They provide essential services to the refugees of that conflict, and each donation doesn't just improve someones quality of life, it saves lives. Please click on the link to read more about what the IMC does, and where the money goes.

We are excited about our new business and the selection of exceptional, handroasted coffee beans we offer. We hope to show you how good coffee can really be!

Nate and Melissa White
    West Coast Roasting
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; December 19th, 2012 at 07:09.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Hidden Content

stuffler,mike

Re: You want coffee Sir? Watchuseek and West Coast Roasting proudly announce...

Sounds interesting / promising. Good luck !

Off Topic post Re: You want coffee Sir? Watchuseek and West Coast Roasting proudly announce...

I will testify that at least one of their offerings is from one of the finest coffee estates in Central America. I was impressed to see it in their products. It that is any indication, these people know what they are doing...

(... but I still prefer roasting it myself. )

Hello! Look what the night brings!

First, I'm really excited about this opportunity, and I look forward to serving you all some great coffee. We're a really small operation, it's just myself and my wife, and we put a lot of care into what we do.

If anyone has any questions about coffee, storage, brewing, or equipment, please ask. I usually have an answer, and especially when it comes to equipment, I can save you time and money.

The discount code for this forum is ' watchuseek '. Just enter it in the appropriate spot when ordering to apply it.

I generally roast Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings, and orders are mailed the next morning.

That's it for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Last edited by poison; November 25th, 2007 at 17:06.

Thanks for the good wishes and props, Mike and Eeeb!

Eeeb, I'd assume you're talking about the La Minita? It's consistantly some of the best stuff around, I think, but I'd honestly say our Colombia Los Progresivos is the best coffee we have right now. It's insanely good.

I should have some Kona in in time for the holiday. It's organically grown on a 5 acre farm, using volcanically filtered aquifer water, and picked by hand by the owner and his wife. Pretty crazy stuff, and if you like Kona, you won't find better. I roast it lighter, just before second crack, to bring out the flavors of origin.

How about this: first coffee lovin' poster to post here, who resides in the US, gets a lb of their choosing. Caveat: report back here!

I love coffee, and live in the USA!

Welcome aboard Nate. And best wishes on the continued success of your business. Looking forward to learning more about the bean........

Paul
    Doxa Ad Vitam !

We have a winner! Thanks, searambler! PM me your choice of coffee, and address, and I'll get it out ASAP.

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Searambler View Post
    I love coffee, and live in the USA!
    Oh come on, you live in Michigan, not in the USA!!

(Wolverines are feeding on crow this year... GO BUCKS! Beat ...whoever... )

Off Topic post Re: You want coffee Sir? Watchuseek and West Coast Roasting proudly announce...

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Eeeb, I'd assume you're talking about the La Minita? It's consistantly some of the best stuff around, I think, but I'd honestly say our Colombia Los Progresivos is the best coffee we have right now. It's insanely good.
    OK Poison! You got me ... anyone who says they have something better than La Minita has something well worth a taste!! ... I just placed an order.

(Poison??? Nate sounds better for a vendor of consumables )

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information