**THE "OFFICIAL" DEEP BLUE WATCH CLUB THREAD** - Page 34
Like Tree1922Likes

Thread: **THE "OFFICIAL" DEEP BLUE WATCH CLUB THREAD**

Page 34 of 124 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 ... LastLast

Re: **THE "OFFICIAL" DEEP BLUE WATCH CLUB THREAD**

I attempted to join the Deep Blue club today and the PVD Depthmaster Ana/Digi was sold out on Deep Blue's website...oddly enough, it was available on DB's Amazon store (they listed five available). Too bad. I was looking forward to picking one up and trying it out. I had been interested in one of these since I saw the write up on them on one of the blogs this summer. Links below:

Deep Blue: DEPTHMETER ANA/DIGI - BLACK PVD SOLD OUT - DEPTHMETER ANA/DIGI COLLECTION - PVD $109.

Amazon: http://goo.gl/7qjhcN

Either Deep Blue doesn't update their Amazon site or they sold enough at their holiday prices and aren't interested in selling more. It seems a bit strange to me though.

Just received three Sea Ram 500 watches, wanna swap bezels between two of them to achieve a unique look that Deep Blue doesn't seem to offer (orange sun ray dial, white ceramic bezel with black markings). Had anyone here ever successfully removed a bezel from a Deep Blue Sea Ram 500? I wish I could include pics, but these watches are my Christmas / birthday gifts and I'm not allowed to play with them yet (Mrs. Claus laid down the rules as spoon as they came). Thank you WUS and everyone putting up pics. Good looking timepieces Deep Blue pos out. Glad to join in the reindeer games.

Puts out. Stupid autocorrect. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by maloboy View Post
    Just received three Sea Ram 500 watches, wanna swap bezels between two of them to achieve a unique look that Deep Blue doesn't seem to offer (orange sun ray dial, white ceramic bezel with black markings). Had anyone here ever successfully removed a bezel from a Deep Blue Sea Ram 500? I wish I could include pics, but these watches are my Christmas / birthday gifts and I'm not allowed to play with them yet (Mrs. Claus laid down the rules as spoon as they came). Thank you WUS and everyone putting up pics. Good looking timepieces Deep Blue pos out. Glad to join in the reindeer games.
    It would probably be much easier to swap out the "guts" if you are brave enough to open the case. I haven't done this to my Sea Ram, but I have opened and regulated my Juggy III which shares the same basic case.

I didn't even consider tackling this project "from behind", so to speak. I guess I'm done watching YouTube videos of people removing watch bezels with butterknives, screwdrivers, boiling water and other manner of DIY watch massacre. Now I get to watch videos on how to hollow out my watches instead. If I get it wrong I can always use the empty watches to keep small stuff in, like Tic Tacs or M&Ms. Wish me luck!
    mjmurphy926 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maloboy View Post
    I didn't even consider tackling this project "from behind", so to speak. I guess I'm done watching YouTube videos of people removing watch bezels with butterknives, screwdrivers, boiling water and other manner of DIY watch massacre. Now I get to watch videos on how to hollow out my watches instead. If I get it wrong I can always use the empty watches to keep small stuff in, like Tic Tacs or M&Ms. Wish me luck!
    You could always take it to a local jeweler who has the proper knowledge to swap the movement/dial from case to case and the proper equipment to ensure they are sealed correctly. It should be a pretty simple job for them and wouldn't cost too much.

Thank you for saving my brand new watches from a short life and agonizing (at last for me) demise. If/when I get this done I will post pics of what the orange face looks like with the white bezel. I truly appreciate the advice.

I recently joined !

D'oh! Realized last night that I can't swap watch movements between cases to achieve the orange dial / white bezel look that I'm going for. One watch (the white bezel donor) is a Sea Ram 500 quartz movement chronograph and the other watch (white bezel recipient) is a Sea Ram 500 non-chronograph, also quartz movement. So...
    Has anyone ever safely pulled the bezel off a Deep Blue dive watch? If so, how'd ya do it? Thanks again to all.

DB #4.Two more on the way .I really like this brand.Would love to find an Abyss.

The flat T-100 tritium tubes aren't as bright as my Armourlite ISO100 T-100 tubes,but,definitely not a deal breaker for me.This thing feels solid and oozes quality.

Name:  IMG_20141219_173949419_HDR_zpsyruw2rug.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  90.5 KB
    dbsylvia likes this.

Page 34 of 124 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread Information