**THE "OFFICIAL" DEEP BLUE WATCH CLUB THREAD** - Page 46
Like Tree1911Likes

Thread: **THE "OFFICIAL" DEEP BLUE WATCH CLUB THREAD**

Page 46 of 124 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast

Re: **THE "OFFICIAL" DEEP BLUE WATCH CLUB THREAD**

Sign me up for the Club. One two many beers while surfing the web and I end up with a new watch. My boys got me interested in Deep Blue. They saw a few lume shots and that was it. While hunting down my first DB on eBay and WTB, I stumbled across this guy. He looked cool, minimal $ investment and although no-where near the lume of other DB's, it would do. This also kept me from buying another Seilko. Probably a good thing.

Name:  20150428_105828.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  384.2 KB
    Name:  20150428_105855.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  333.4 KB
    Name:  20150428_105921.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  338.9 KB
    daveruss likes this.
    Be Alert - The world needs more Lerts.

I have to say I am quite taken by this one, don't see it much. Looks like DB doesn't sell it anymore. There are certainly some nods to Oris with the lugs and case edge. The bezel as an interesting edge, the insert is cleanly marked, the inner sloping chapter ring is always a plus for the depth it adds, and the hands/markers work well together. I have become more sensitive to white data wheels against black dials but in this design it's probably necessary to balance the 9 o'clock marker. I'm torn on which color combo I prefer. Yours, the blue/orange, or white/orange.

How big is your wrist? I see that the SD is a substantial 46mm. The lugs should have it wear smaller than the spec would suggest, but the same applies to my 45mm SEA RAM and it's probably the limit I can wear. So my interest is probably moot. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowjack View Post
    My Sun Diver III, simply love it...

Application for membership. Like @mannal I also had a late night ebay incident which resulted in the purchase...at first it was way heavier then I liked and I wanted out (even put it up for sale, had some offers but didn't partake), but after removing the bulky bonetto rubber strap with a kevlar one, I'm loving the watch:

Name:  kevlar.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  1.65 MB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  333.9 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  225.4 KB

Looks good on the Kevlar and rubber. I have a curved rubber that looks fantastic and is wonderfully soft. Sadly, I think it's just a bit too long past the lugs and sits too tight on the case. The result is there seems to be enough force that the pins sit tenuously. Pops out with just slight pressure.

monza06 likes this.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I'm quite surprised how difficult it seems to get good info on the Sun Diver III. Haven't found any real intensive reviews, don't see them much. Have searched around and seems to be limited quantities out there. Don't know if DB has new builds coming. I've become quite enamoured with the blue dial and two-tone bezel:

Name:  sun31kbl.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  24.1 KB

Bupukus out there. The quarter-blue bezel is a subtle touch but really makes a difference.
    yankeexpress likes this.

I think Deep Blue is becoming one of my favorite brands :

yankeexpress and mitchjrj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by monza06 View Post
    I think Deep Blue is becoming one of my favorite brands :

Like Rodney Dangerfield, though. No respect. I agree, though, that they have some very nice pieces. I ended up grabbing a used Sun Diver III (black), although what I really want is that two-tone I pictured above. Will keep on the lookout.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I picked mine up on Amazon, Hadley Roma 24mm Kevlar. I got an all black Kevlar one too, they're $28-$35/each.What brand/name strap is that, I'd like to look into it too?
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchjrj View Post
    Looks good on the Kevlar and rubber. I have a curved rubber that looks fantastic and is wonderfully soft. Sadly, I think it's just a bit too long past the lugs and sits too tight on the case. The result is there seems to be enough force that the pins sit tenuously. Pops out with just slight pressure.

I decided to sell my Deep Blue... too large on the wrist for my tastes, and I am considering something else at the moment. I took some pics for my listing, and thought some of people in this thread might enjoy them. Don't know if anyone else has posted ultra macro shots of the dials, so enjoy :) Pics are unedited, straight from the camera. Apologies that I forgot to turn OS off on my lens when taking the lume shots... I think that's why there is some slight motion visible. Watch has been worn for about a year and a half, so desk marks are visible on the band.

Name:  DSC08556.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  1.66 MBName:  DSC08561.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  1,002.1 KBName:  DSC08567.JPG
Views: 456
Size:  2.13 MBName:  DSC08573.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  1.17 MBName:  DSC08574.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  976.8 KBName:  DSC08588.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  1.34 MBName:  DSC08589.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  1.47 MBName:  DSC08582.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  1.11 MB
    asho coxo and Chp5 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridadg View Post
    I picked mine up on Amazon, Hadley Roma 24mm Kevlar. I got an all black Kevlar one too, they're $28-$35/each.What brand/name strap is that, I'd like to look into it too?
    http://www.holbensfinewatchbands.com...orange-stitch/

It's a fabulous strap, exceptional quality, very soft. If you figure out how to get it to fit I'm all ears.
    Floridadg likes this.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 46 of 124 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread Information