[PREVIEW] BOLDR Odyssey Automatic Dive Watch - Page 2
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: [PREVIEW] BOLDR Odyssey Automatic Dive Watch

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Sponsor

Re: [PREVIEW] BOLDR Odyssey Automatic Dive Watch

Quote Originally Posted by watchobs View Post
    Do like the overall look, not sure about the L2L though! What might be your price point?
    The price point will be approximately USD259-269 on Kickstarter for early bird sign ups (where you will received exact time and date of launch).
    The lug to lug is 53mm sorry for the mis communication. :)

Quote Originally Posted by DEMO111 View Post
    Hmmmmm, this one is interesting. I see some good looking design elements in the overall design.

Great marketing photos. I am looking forward to better pics of the watch itself so we all can get a better idea of what the watch looks like.

- I also agree with the comment above, a dive bezel with number markers would be a good feature.
    - Black dial / stainless steel case would be a good option to offer.
    Will post up more "beauty shots" of the watch next week.

We did rendering on the watch with number markers but we reckon it made the watch looks a bit "common" and loses the BOLDR's design philosophy of being symmetric and clean.

Definitely one of the possible option of a black dial and stainless steel case. The color combination is endless! If the response is good, we are also considering a Bronze case if we can meet the MOQ.

Also an update for the watch, we are planning to upgrade the PVD-IP coating to DLC coating to further improve the durability of the coating. We are also considering getting black date window for the black dial, still in the process of getting feedbacks from our early reviewers.

Stay tuned guys!
    BOLDR Odyssey Automatic Dive Watch - Available Now!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BOLDRSupplyCo View Post
    The price point will be approximately USD259-269 on Kickstarter for early bird sign ups (where you will received exact time and date of launch).
    The lug to lug is 53mm sorry for the mis communication. :)

Will post up more "beauty shots" of the watch next week.

We did rendering on the watch with number markers but we reckon it made the watch looks a bit "common" and loses the BOLDR's design philosophy of being symmetric and clean.

Definitely one of the possible option of a black dial and stainless steel case. The color combination is endless! If the response is good, we are also considering a Bronze case if we can meet the MOQ.

Also an update for the watch, we are planning to upgrade the PVD-IP coating to DLC coating to further improve the durability of the coating. We are also considering getting black date window for the black dial, still in the process of getting feedbacks from our early reviewers.

Stay tuned guys!
    I would prefer a common lookin watch to one that is less usable as a dive watch, show us the rendering with a full index bezel, you may pick up a few people who dive with their watches.

Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by jonflusher View Post
    I would prefer a common lookin watch to one that is less usable as a dive watch, show us the rendering with a full index bezel, you may pick up a few people who dive with their watches.
    Here is the initial rendering we had when we first started designing the watch.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 10.18.55 AM.png
Views: 218
Size:  57.7 KB

Some more shots of the watch for your view pleasure. :)
    Name:  White storm Angle.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  380.1 KB

Name:  Everblack Side View with Rubber.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  514.8 KB

Name:  Deep blue Angle.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  498.6 KB
    jlow28 likes this.
    Hidden Content

Avo

Any chance of getting some pictures in normal lighting?

All these dark backgrounds make it hard to discern the overall impression of the watch.
    calwatchguy likes this.
    Sharper Image moonphase, Ronda 708 quartz (my only watch for 20+ years)
    Citizen BM8242-08E Ecodrive, black dial, gold-tone case
    Citizen AP1042-03A Ecodrive moonphase, white dial, gold-tone case
    Bertucci A-2T, black PVD titanium case, electroluminescent gray dial, Japan quartz
    Sartego Ocean Master SPA27, yellow dial, Miyota 8215
    Christopher Ward C5 Aviator Mark I, black dial, ETA 2824
    Chinese Mechanical Forum 2011 project watch, moonphase, Sea-Gull ST25
    Casio G-Shock AWGM100B-1A, analog solar atomic
    Kadloo Scubamarine, black dial, ETA 2824
    Aevig Huldra, orange dial, Miyota 9015
    Makara Hawksbill Sea Turtle, bronze case, maroon dial, Seiko NH35A
    Timex Weekender, Indiglo cream dial
    Rodina R005 small seconds, white dial, Sea-Gull ST1701
    Ginault Ocean-Rover, black dial, Ginault 7275
    Grails: RGM 801 A, GO PanoMaticLunar, ALS Lange 1 moonphase

A properly indexed bezel would be great (though that rarely seems to happen in micro watches). Also, a screw-down case-back is better than a screwed case-back.

Quite like the dial and hands.

Quote Originally Posted by BOLDRSupplyCo View Post

BOLDR Odyssey Collection
    Attachment 11391450
    Hello BOLDR team,

First congrats it looks great, I like it :) I am having small wrist size, but I like crazy big dive watches, so 45.5mm is excellent to me ;)

I am doing a lot all kind of diving, and even if I like your minimalist bezel, like many other colleagues mentioned: a more standard usable bezel with 15SEC as example will be welcome (as an option), so you can justify the 120-click unidirectional dive bezel :) LoL

Please, please, please.... do not go to cheap, meaning low quality... Even if you produce your watch in China like everybody does, and we do not mind, keep in mind that Dive watches are synonymous of quality, reliability, strong tool. Also please replace the cheap and too simple screws you are using for your case back with something better: Hex screws or others ;) Sorry I am a manic details guy LoL...

All the rest is very good :)

Cheers,

Rafy.

Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by rafy1 View Post
    Hello BOLDR team,

First congrats it looks great, I like it :) I am having small wrist size, but I like crazy big dive watches, so 45.5mm is excellent to me ;)

I am doing a lot all kind of diving, and even if I like your minimalist bezel, like many other colleagues mentioned: a more standard usable bezel with 15SEC as example will be welcome (as an option), so you can justify the 120-click unidirectional dive bezel :) LoL

Please, please, please.... do not go to cheap, meaning low quality... Even if you produce your watch in China like everybody does, and we do not mind, keep in mind that Dive watches are synonymous of quality, reliability, strong tool. Also please replace the cheap and too simple screws you are using for your case back with something better: Hex screws or others ;) Sorry I am a manic details guy LoL...

All the rest is very good :)

Cheers,

Rafy.
    Definitely quality is on our top priority and we only work with top suppliers in Hong Kong instead of directly dealing with suppliers in China. If you see our previous watch reviews, most backers love how solid the watch is built.

Anyways, the campaign is live now! Don't miss out early bird pricing for the watch and first 200 backers will receive a extra brown leather NATO strap to go with it.

Do back us or share the campaign with your friends and family. :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nto-the-next-j
    Hidden Content

You have two divers ask for a diving bezel and screw-back case on the watch and your last response is that the watch is solid and people like that.

Mmm
    rafy1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trekDS View Post
    You have two divers ask for a diving bezel and screw-back case on the watch and your last response is that the watch is solid and people like that.

Mmm
    Hello,

100% agree with you TrekDS ;)

Generally I do not mind all these Kikstarters polluting our F74 Dive Forum, I even support them time to time. OK they got free marketing exposure: fine; but I am expecting a little bit more opened and honest replies to questions / comments asked by WUS members, which might be (by the way) future customers :)
    I wish the best for BOLDR to succeed, I like their dials and case design. It seems to be a young and dynamic team from asia. I wish they will understand that truth communication and dialogue with customers is important too ;)

Sorry dear BOLDR team, but you should remove from your kikstater page "At BOLDR, we’re more than a brand - we’re a community. Which is why we’ve listened to all the feedback,and included the top requested features" because it seems to be not true 100%. Moreover you are advertising everywhere into your kikstater page the watch is a "Diver Watch"; but again sorry: I find awkward that "120-clicks unidirectional Dive bezel, with elapsed time function". I am doing scuba diving for 35 years, so maybe you can explain me how to use that rotating minimalist bezel, very curious to know that elapsed time funtion you mentioned? TO finish with: to propose in standard only leather strap in the package is maybe not the best idea for a dive watch... Metal bracelet or rubber bands would have been welcome.

Regarding the "ultra tough high-resistance 6-screw caseback" that you mentioned too, could you please give more details, because to my eyes it looks cheap simple screws, but I must be wrong I am sure. These 6 screws are made in Hardened 904L stainless steel maybe? Or another a new super strong and high-resistance metal that we do not know? Please share with us ;)

Looking everywhere I did find the information about the lugs size (it might be useful for use who wish to buy rubber band or metal bracelet for diving); also could you please let us know the Lug Width: 20mm or 22m or 24mm?? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Frankly speaking I was ready to go for your group offer (3 watches, as excepting the bezel, I do like the case design, and maybe more because I very like Malaysia and Singapore people, I have been there for business & holidays so many times, and keeping good memories :)

Saying that looking at the nice post done by Demo, not bad at all, specs are clearly defines, strap for dive watch is logic and make sense (bezel too): https://www.karlskronawatch.com/prod...ion-dive-watch

Best regards,

Rafy.

Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by trekDS View Post

Mmm
    Hey trekDS,

So sorry I overlooked what you say in the previous thread. We can't change the bezel now, maybe the next edition we can update it with the minute markers. As for the caseback, we are now talking with the supplier to see if Screw-down or Screw-in is better. From you experience, I guess its screw-down being more robust? Definitely not too late to change, but we will weigh the pros and cons again. Maybe as Rafy1 mention, we can change the simple screws to Hex Screws to improve the quality.

Thanks so much for the feedback, apologies for missing out the previous thread once again.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information