WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

And Another One Borealis Cascais 300m

15K views 85 replies 39 participants last post by  SimpleWatchMan 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#43 ·
^^^ I don't see any mention of Free shipping by Registered Mail being included in the price ?

It would definitely be mentioned, if it was, like for their rubber straps !

Regards,
I think you are probably right. I wished they could have statesd as "$385 USD excluding shipping" instead. Lesser ambiguity, I think, especially when english isn't exactly my forte. :)

So it's most likely be early bird preorder $385 + $10 post office or $45 FedEx priority (both estimate). :)

#48 ·
I'd be jumping on the white dial if I hadn't just acquired a white Scorpionfish.

Nice design here, it's tempting.

The bezel (style and edge) reminds me of Damasko... anyone else see the similarity?

Eric

#51 ·
Ok, it is most likely white no date pencil hands for me, especially for the unlocked travel watch case. Will finalise my decision on 1st Oct 2016. :)

#54 ·
Really pleased with my Estoril 300 experience, I have ordered a white, no date, pencil-hands Cascais. I prefer my automatics with no date -- less to mess with when I wake them from their slumber at the start of the day.

I have to say that the latest releases from micro-brands like Borealis, Steinhart, NTH, Christopher Ward, and others are providing a whopping bang for the buck with decent automatic movements, sapphire crystals, nicely finished cases, sapphire bezels, and now enhanced luminous paint -- all for prices about a tenth of the cost of the traditional offerings from the Big Boys. I know the volumes are so low that there is nothing to worry about from a sales point of view, but it certainly delights this watch enthusiast.

#55 ·
Hmm ... seems like I have the exact same thought/taste as yours. I am planning to get the exact same Cascais model too. :)

Reactions: Lee_K
#56 ·
Hoping someone can answer a conundrum I have regarding a date vs no date watch. I really like the look of the Borealis Cascais Blue Dial Cathedral Hands No Date, however I note that it is running the STP-11 automatic movement, which the date version is also running. So both watches have the same movement. I assume then that in the no date version they remove the date wheel and apply a no date dial. However, my query is, am I still subject to the same time changing constraints as I am with the date version ie. Don't change the time between (approx) 8pm and 8am as this could damage the movement. If the movement is the same for both (and the no date is not running a modified STP-11 without any date complications) then I would logically assume that changing the time when the clutch mechanism is engaged would not be good for the watch. I want the no date so I can just change the time whenever I feel as opposed to my date watches where I have to take more care.

I assume this query also relates to all watch models offering a date and no date version where the movement is the same and not a date or no date specific movement. If I am going to have to be careful changing the time then I may as well get the blue date model as the price is the same. Thanks in advance.

#57 ·
That time change constraint is a date change constraint and it is commonly associated with the 7750. A movement made on a budget.

You will be fine. No one can vouch the long term reliability of the STP11 but that will not be the problem. To date all the 2824 clones have been rock solid.

#63 ·
Borealis let me know there are no replacement bracelet available if you are not one of the pre-orders.

They've also threatened to take legal action against my person if I publish email communications with them regarding this information. I guess they don't want potential buyers to know.

I hope this information is useful to someone else. It would have been useful to me.

Their service desk is very friendly. :)

#65 · (Edited)
^^^ I appreciate the feedback. I'm new to Borealis. I've been around since 2008 and haven't experienced that type of response before just for asking a question. I wasn't demanding anything for free. Just asked if I could purchase an updated bracelet so I could wear it on metal. Pretty simple request I thought.

#66 ·
Long story short but I was a long time Borealis supporter but when I got this with scratched hands and asked if they could send me replacement hands they said no, + canceled my pre order for 2 other watches and "banned" me from buying their watches. That's Borealis for you.

Watch Analog watch Blue Watch accessory Cobalt blue

Metal

Watch Analog watch Blue Watch accessory Fashion accessory

They have a thing about not knowing how to line up hands either.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory

#67 ·
Long story short but I was a long time Borealis supporter but when I got this with scratched hands and asked if they could send me replacement hands they said no, + canceled my pre order for 2 other watches and "banned" me from buying their watches. That's Borealis for you.

View attachment 12423439

View attachment 12423441

View attachment 12423443

They have a thing about not knowing how to line up hands either.

View attachment 12423485

View attachment 12423495

View attachment 12423501

View attachment 12423511
You left out the part where that give you full refund for the Batial and told you to keep it. After giving you all your money back, they still offered to change the hands at their service center.

You really have no shame.

You left out the part where you couldn't stop trashing the Borealis name every time you could before banning you.

If Borealis is so awful, why have you acquired the Seafarer, Estoril, Cascais and Porto Santo AFTER they banned you ? Your money will never be good for them while you can't stop craving their watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#68 ·
"they still offered to change the hands at their service center."

They never did offer this to me. Not sure where you are making up your customer service information from. Do you work for them? Just cuz they send you a few watches to review doesn't mean they are the best watch brand in the world. How about instead of making up facts explain the pictures I posted? How come every watch that ends up in my hands from them have some sort of defect? Am I really that unlucky?

#69 · (Edited)
"they still offered to change the hands at their service center."

They never did offer this to me. Not sure where you are making up your customer service information from. Do you work for them? Just cuz they send you a few watches to review doesn't mean they are the best watch brand in the world. How about instead of making up facts explain the pictures I posted? How come every watch that ends up in my hands from them have some sort of defect? Am I really that unlucky?
I asked and you were offered to get hands replaced at their service center. Unlike you, they don't need to lie.

I never said that they're the best watches. My favorite watches are Doxa 300 T-Graph, Megalodon 45, Meteorite Poseidon and my two A1's.

If you're gonna come here and lie, sometimes you can get called out. Maria offered the service to you. Should be easy for you to search on your mail folder unless you deleted it. What a coward. Coming here to lie and trash a company that gave you a full refund plus offered to service.

Why are you still buying or trading preowned Borealis watches if they're so awful ?

To answer your last question: Karma.

Poetic Justice ?
I don't know.

Looks like you're still interested in trading for Borealis, on your Edox Sub listing:

How come ?

EDIT: Did you find a preowned Sea Storm already ?

#70 ·
Avs_racing you are a liar. My wife offered you more than once to service the Batial which you deny. You are not the kind of person we do business with. Logging off now.

Attachments

#72 ·
^^^ Paul's repair offer was for the Sailfish. I was never offered any repairs for the Batial. And like I said, I had to pay to send the watch to another country for service + risk getting taxed by customs it just wasn't worth the hassle. Please don't call me a liar.

Fashion accessory Watch Rim Metal Emblem

Will I get any warranty on my Borealis Cascais right now, I know the warranty is still valid. Thach and I also need the proper shorter bracelet, I also don't mind paying if the price isn't too much. However I feel a proper fitting bracelet should be provided for free to all those who has the watch.

#76 · (Edited)
That's right ignoring issues makes good customer service. You can call me picky or ocd but if Seikos not lining up drives people crazy I think I am reasonable to want things to line up.
You have nothing to worry about with Borealis. They won't take your money and they just proved that you'll lie about lying just lie.

It's very unreasonable to keep buying preowned watches of the brand you keep trashing publicly. Good luck with that, kid !

EDIT: Nice change of subject after they proved you lied.

#77 ·
Please excuse me for being busybody here.

But I'm fine with hands not line up perfectly, as long as it is within half a minute marker. I did a bit of watch mod projects myself. So I understand it is difficult to make the hands aligned perfectly all the time.

Anyway, judging from the number of likes for the watch reviews that AVS_Racing had put up in WUS forum, it seems that he might be a bit blinded by his success of having such huge number of likes. And I think AVS_Racing could be the harshest watch critic I know, as he gives ZERO likes during his 3 years of active participation in WUS forums. I think his skill-sets could be put to better use for reviewing of Rolex or Patek Philippe instead, don't you think?

As for Watches503, I think you're ok guy and a person who is extremely loyal to his friends. But I do find you a bit overboard sometimes in defending Borealis. Many times, you or moderators have to edit or delete your posts in regards to AVS_Racing posts related to Borealis. It is not cool, imho.

Come on guys, we are here to discuss and enjoy the watches we love. Let's keep it to that. After all, there are just watches. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.