Blue diver versus: Certina Ds Action Diver vs Christopher Ward C60 - Page 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Blue diver versus: Certina Ds Action Diver vs Christopher Ward C60

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Blue diver versus: Certina Ds Action Diver vs Christopher Ward C60

I'd get the Certina but prefer the Oris 65

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    beached likes this.
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Automatic Chronograph + Alpiner4 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BOREALIS Bull Shark | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | MERCER Airfoil | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm SS & Carl Brashear | SCURFA Diver One Silicon & DiverOne PVD Auto| SEIKO SRP PADI | SWATCH Sistem51 black/red & Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom & Urban Chronos |

Ordered--> MWW 62MAS Homage & Equinox, BOREALIS Cascais & Sea Storm

I have both of these watches and don't think you can go wrong with either. Here are a few comments that I have comparing the areas you mentioned and a few others:

SERVICE - I think that it is pretty hard to beat the 5-year warranty of Christopher Ward.

COLOR - The C60 is a more eye-catching color and one that I prefer. That being said it is pretty flashy and there are times it may not quite work. The Certina is a deep navy with a great sunburst dial and is much more versatile.

BEZEL - Both bezels have a great action to them. I have beat the Certina to death. Despite the wear to the bracelet and case, the bezel and crystal remain flawless. I haven't had the C60 long enough to speak to its durability, but with it being ceramic I don't think durability will be an issue.

BRACELET - I find the bracelet of the Certina to be more comfortable and I prefer the all brushed appearance to the brushed and polished bracelet of the C60.

CLASP - The clasp of the C60 wins hands down with the ratcheting ability. I have a year old DS Action Diver and its clasp only has the 3 micro adjusts. I have found it hard to get the perfect fit. My wrist swells a bit at times during the day so the ratcheting clasp is a big selling point for me. I have heardd the new Certinas have the ratcheting clasp this may not be a big difference anymore.

LUME - The C60 appears brighter and chargers better in natural light, but the Certina seems to stay charged longer at night. It also has the partially lumed bezel which I prefer (the watches are flipped in the lume shot)

SIZE - I have the 43mm C60 which definitely wears larger than the Certina. I have a 7.25" wrist and I sometimes think it wears too large. I don't have the same concern with the Certina.

OVERALL - If I could only buy one, I would go with the 38mm C60. I think that in my collection the eye-popping blue makes a huge difference. I also think that it is a little bit more unique and refined in its design. That being said, if I had a smaller collection and only had one blue watch I might lean towards the Certina. I would especially lean that way if I planned to wear the watch with navy blue often. I wear Navy blue suits to work frequently and I think the Certina can work with that while the C60 just doesn't.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by bwedlund; 4 Days Ago at 21:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Level.5x View Post

You should update your C60 pic to this:

That pic you posted is the outdated model. Furthermore, I think you have to consider the new logo too...which is not shown on the pic above either. If you were comparing THIS blue C60 and the Certina, I'd go with the C60.

Otherwise, I'd go with the Certina because it's sunburst blue dial is very good looking. The matte blue dial of the C60 isn't my favorite but overall, the C60 is one hell of a watch.
    Hi, I specifically chose the older model because it has round indices which is what I'm looking for a this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Level.5x View Post

As a better compliment to the Sumo, might be the blue Oris Sixty Five....It's a little less chunky of a diver so adds versatility in your diver collection.
    You have a very nice watch, however it's the updated version with batons , which, while a hell of a watch, isn't the design I'm looking for.

The Oris is lovely however the thing I can't get past is the color of the lume, i hate the old radium/orangey/beige look, it ruins the watch for me.

Also price wise it's nearer the 2 options in my not so affordable list, close to a the Aquaracer WAN2111 but cheaper than the Seamaster 2220.80.

Quote Originally Posted by beached View Post
    Loved my Certina DS Action, upgraded to Seamaster Blue...always liked this too:

Mido Ocean Star Captain Blue 80

Blog: OceanicTime: MIDO Ocean Star Captain CALIBER 80
    The Mido seems to be extremelly nice, a nice alternative to a the Aquis Date and cheaper option than the Seamaster 2255.80 or Aquaracer ceramic but looking for round indices

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    I would get the Certina (check out the new iteration as well - some design tweaks, ratcheting clasp, and aluminum vs acrylic bezel insert). Have to agree with beached as well - give the new Mido OSC V a long look too. Superb quality and a vertically brushed dial that is really outstanding. The Mido will also have superior lume to the other two options.

I wasn't aware of the updated model for the Certina. do you know the new reference number? I checked the Certina website but can't see the new model/reference, just the old one and it doesn't make any reference to the aluminium bezel or the ratcheting clasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99dad View Post
    I'd get the Certina but prefer the Oris 65

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the Oris 65 but hate the radium lume

Quote Originally Posted by bwedlund View Post
    I have both of these watches and don't think you can go wrong with either. Here are a few comments that I have comparing the areas you mentioned and a few others:
    Many thanks for the insight

Quote Originally Posted by alexus87 View Post
    Hi, I specifically chose the older model because it has round indices which is what I'm looking for a this stage.

You have a very nice watch, however it's the updated version with batons , which, while a hell of a watch, isn't the design I'm looking for.

The Oris is lovely however the thing I can't get past is the color of the lume, i hate the old radium/orangey/beige look, it ruins the watch for me.

Also price wise it's nearer the 2 options in my not so affordable list, close to a the Aquaracer WAN2111 but cheaper than the Seamaster 2220.80.

The Mido seems to be extremelly nice, a nice alternative to a the Aquis Date and cheaper option than the Seamaster 2255.80 or Aquaracer ceramic but looking for round indices

I wasn't aware of the updated model for the Certina. do you know the new reference number? I checked the Certina website but can't see the new model/reference, just the old one and it doesn't make any reference to the aluminium bezel or the ratcheting clasp.

I like the Oris 65 but hate the radium lume
    The new DS Action was just revealed for Baselworld. That typically means a release a couple of months later. Sorry that I don't have a reference number for you. The new black dial is shown here:

Name:  certina_ds_action_diver_black_front_baselworld_2017.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  127.2 KB
    Mikeman and beached like this.

Thanks Radar1

It looks like a new logo, more rounded/less pronounced bezel edges (looks more like a TAG Auquaracer now), and powermatic 80 movement...

I kinda like the older version better, what does everyone think?

The new DS Action was just revealed for Baselworld. That typically means a release a couple of months later. Sorry that I don't have a reference number for you. The new black dial is shown here:

Name:  certina_ds_action_diver_black_front_baselworld_2017.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  127.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by beached View Post
    Thanks Radar1

It looks like a new logo, more rounded/less pronounced bezel edges (looks more like a TAG Auquaracer now), and powermatic 80 movement...

I kinda like the older version better, what does everyone think?
    Thanks, it flew under my radar. In general not much info can be found on the new models.

I like
    - the fact that they moved the date at 3 o'clock
    - that the 12,6,9 markers are a bit more aggressively styled
    - the more rounded look of the bezel
    - the idea of a ratcheting clasp
    - Aluminium bezel although would've preferred ceramic

Not too sure about
    - Completely red second hand
    - New movement vs old eta2824
    - On the black dial they made same mistake as last time, white disk (fixed at later stage on old model to black)
    - updated logo ( I stand corrected logo isn't new, they had used it on some watches in the 60's)
    - bezel seems to have just lume pip and doesn't look that well integrated

The hour hand seems to be updated as well, arrow is smaller/thinner but longer.

The blue version seems to be a lighter shade compared to old model.

Will have to see both in the flesh but if the new one has better lume it might be a home run
    Last edited by alexus87; 3 Days Ago at 19:28.

Not too sure about the all red hand on the newer model. I like the bracelet upgrade but the aluminum inset is a step back I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeman View Post
    Not too sure about the all red hand on the newer model. I like the bracelet upgrade but the aluminum inset is a step back I think.
    I am in agreement, Mike. The previous version is pretty tough to beat.

Name:  IMG_4590.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  202.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2263.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  233.5 KB

Name:  IMAG1718.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  262.1 KB
    bwedlund likes this.

The blue is so nice Don. Do you still have it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information