I'm thinking about getting a nice blue diver to compliment my Sumo (later probably replaced by MM300) and basically have about 4 options in 2 separate price classes.
The ones in the more affordable price bracket are the:
Certina DS Action Diver in Blue
Christopher Ward C60 Blue
Both are around the same size and feature roughly the same movement eta 2824/selita sw200.
I like both dial designs , the CW with it's wave pattern and the certina with it's sunburst dial.
I'm interested in a couple of aspects and hope people who have handled them can give their input:
- are there any known problems with each watch?
- the bezel inserts on each won't be as scratch proof as sapphire, but is one more scratch prone than the other?
- how is the bracelet/clasp of each watch, quality wise?
- service wise, which one would you recommend?
- and lastly, one thing that is very important to me, LUME, I've read that CW lume is pretty average, how bad is it actually? same question for the Certina.
I'm used to Seiko Lume, and understand that few watches will be as bright/long lasting, but don't want to end up with another watch with lume like on my Poseidon.
Interested in other opinnion on blue divers with round applied indices (please no mercedes hands i hate them), and not a big fan of the Armida.