Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started - Page 11
Like Tree1366Likes

Thread: Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Re: Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Ok Ive gone from planning on skipping it to wanting one.. But man am I having a hard time deciding. I think I am getting the Brown Or Blue. I really wanted to try the new x1 c3 green but the brown and blue dials are the ones that stood out. Then pencil hands or cathedral hands, ive been flipping back and forth.

yadda yadda tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Watches503 View Post
    Too much caffeine so I did some shoes swap and mandatory lume comparo.

And earlier, 17 minute gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both watches are impressive, kind of surprised how well the BGW9 lumes of the DeepBlue performed.... if anything they look to be a little brighter.
    Last edited by Luminated; December 16th, 2016 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardmg View Post
    Do you think Cascais is better than the Anko (despite its misalignments and issues)?

I would think they are in completely different leagues .....

One is an obvious homage to a very iconic piece, and the other is a mix of various design elements.

Then you have the Japanese vs Swiss movement.

As far as fit and finish goes, I would think they would be pretty much similar, although the ANKO would definitely be a heavier watch.

What is going to be interesting is how the Anko is going to compare with the proposed Chinese 6159 version, especially the one with the NE15 movement aboard, and probably around a third of the price !!!

Regards,
    ricardmg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phlabrooy View Post
    I would think they are in completely different leagues .....

One is an obvious homage to a very iconic piece, and the other is a mix of various design elements.

Then you have the Japanese vs Swiss movement.

As far as fit and finish goes, I would think they would be pretty much similar, although the ANKO would definitely be a heavier watch.

What is going to be interesting is how the Anko is going to compare with the proposed Chinese 6159 version, especially the one with the NE15 movement aboard, and probably around a third of the price !!!

Regards,
    Completely right.
    And in terms of builder?

I must say I am impressed based on the photos of the prototypes posted on the forums and IG.
    My one concern is the size of the round markers and has been from the beginning.
    But photos can be very misleading so I look forward to seeing it in the metal and provide a very honest unbiased opinion. Based on photos it's very favorable. I am even less bothered by the markers now.
    I think they've done a great job. I'm tempted by the blue or brown. Black looks awesome but I feel I've done black divers enough :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    markg, Watches503 and trf2271 like this.
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BATHYS Benthic GMT | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | IWC MKXVIII LPP | MERCER Airfoil | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SEIKO SRP PADI | SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom [B] |

Ordered--> HALIOS Seaforth, MWW 62MAS Homage & Equinox, BOREALIS Sea Storm, MERCER Lexington

Completely right.
    And in terms of builder?

Not sure, but they might even come from same factory !!!

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by phlabrooy View Post
    Not sure, but they might even come from same factory !!!

Regards,
    Are you sure? From same factory?

Personally if I get this watch and I find myself comparing it to the Anko then I'm going to be super disappointed. Anko was easily my mosy disappointing purchase this year. Was not cheap, almost 600, Lume was terrible, Grey dial is washed out and not aligned. Case is nice I must say but doesn't make up for the rest of it. Nato it came on was horrible. Easily my most dissapointing purchase of the year. Frankly have been wanting to list mine on recon but so many flaws I hate to list and dump my problems on someone else.

yadda yadda tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hikeNbike View Post
    Personally if I get this watch and I find myself comparing it to the Anko then I'm going to be super disappointed. Anko was easily my mosy disappointing purchase this year.

Don't compare it to the ANKO. The problem there was not the lack of QC but the fact that Tactico did not do anything about it once the issue was brought to light. That happened within hours of the first deliveries. They had plenty of time to recall the DHL deliveries. But they ignored it thinking it would go away.

We have no reason to beleive that the Cascais would have the same issues and we have no reason to believe that Borealis would repsond the same way. I got lucky in that my ANKO had no issues. But I will never buy from them again due to the way it was handled.

If it is really that big of a concern to you, then yuou should wait till people start reciving their CASCAIS and then you will know if there are any rampant problems. You will always be able to buy one on the forum because someone will flip theirs within weeks of receiving it.
    jahrucker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hikeNbike View Post
    Personally if I get this watch and I find myself comparing it to the Anko then I'm going to be super disappointed. Anko was easily my mosy disappointing purchase this year. Was not cheap, almost 600, Lume was terrible, Grey dial is washed out and not aligned. Case is nice I must say but doesn't make up for the rest of it. Nato it came on was horrible. Easily my most dissapointing purchase of the year. Frankly have been wanting to list mine on recon but so many flaws I hate to list and dump my problems on someone else.
    Are you sure? From same factory?

I merely said that they both could very well be produced in the same factory. There are quite a few factories producing for all the micro brands out there ...... Borealis (and Prometheus) is fortunate to use one of the better ones, as can be seen in the fit and finish of their watches.

The Anko is actually a pretty well made watch. If not for the fact that Crepas / Tactico obviously tried to cut some corners with this one, for whatever reasons, which resulted in many very unhappy owners out there, this rather unfortunate turn of events would not have happened ! The fact that they also handled the aftermath so ridiculously, also made matters much worse !!!

For all intents and purposes, from what can be seen in the pics and video of the prototypes so far, I believe the Cascais is going to be a great value-for-money piece, with impressive specs all round.

Regards,

Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread Information