WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

143K views 1K replies 144 participants last post by  JCartwright77 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody !

I'm getting one, just haven't decided which one.

Here's the link:
Borealis Watch Company | Store

"The Borealis Cascais 300m Automatic Diver Watch is a vintage inspired diver watch manufactured by Borealis Watch Company complementing the family of Borealis vintage inspired diver watches.

It is powered by a Swiss Made STP1-11 automatic movement that features 26 jewels, 28'800 vibrations per hour, 4 Hz , hacking seconds and a power reserve of 44 hours. It is a very reliable, sturdy movement that proved to be an alternative to the Swiss Made ETA 2824-2. The movement has been reviewed by an independent source as can be found here.

The Borealis Cascais is a innovative diver watch featuring lume manufactured by RC Tritec with the strongest mixes available in market : Superluminova C3 X1 Lume (the latest and strongest lume manufactured by RC Tritec) or Super Lume BGW9 depending on version.

All watch models of the Cascais collection are also complimented by a lumed ceramic bezel, double domed sapphire glass, 316L stainless steel case and a high quality 316L stainless steel bracelet with a quick adjusting clasp."

Borealis Cascais Automatic Diver Watch Specifications:

Case Size: 42mm x 49mm
Screwed down crown
Double Domed Sapphire Crystal with A/R coating inside
120 clicks unidirectional glossy ceramic bezel with C3 X1 grade or Super Lume BGW9 lume applied to indexes
Swiss Made STP1-11 Automatic Movement
316L Stainless Steel Case
Lug Width: 22.00 mm
Water Resistance: 300 meters
Viton gaskets on case back and tefzel gasket for glass
Case height: 12.96 mm
316L Stainless steel bracelet with precision adjustable buckle
Swiss Made C3 X1 grade or Superluminous BGW9 Superluminova applied to dial, watch hands and ceramic bezel
Cathedral hands or Pencil Hands depending on variant (hours, minute, seconds)
Screwed Case Back with engraved mermaid
12 months warranty

See less See more
#706 ·
Bought a blue cathedral no date, just checked and it was Dec 17th. Then also bought a brown cathedral no date on Dec 23rd. Didn't realize mine were ordered so close together. For some reason thought I ordered the first one early December. Money is ready to go. Plan was to keep one of the two, probably the blue, but I am really liking the brown dial in the pics I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#714 ·
Anybody else experiencing lack of movement on the FedEx tracking on their site ?

Got my shipping and tracking info from FedEx with ship date put down as 23/5 and expected delivery on Thursday 25/5, but I don't see how that can happen, since there is nothing showing other than shipment info sent to FedEx on 22/5, still showing on their site ???

Not even picked up yet !

Weird !

Regards,

#716 ·
Hi,

Just got mine yesterday night. Very impressed by the quality and overall finish.

Lume is outstanding (C3 X1), glows strong like a Helson/Armida, but it seems to charge easier and gives a more persistent glow.

I was in a hurry and did not have the time last night to size the bracelet, so I tried the included Zulu strap. Seemed too thick to slide in without removing the springbars. I tried the Borealis-Frane in the meantime and it fits perfectly.

So far, the STP 1-11 runs at +2 s since last night.

Cheers,

Seb

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X en utilisant Tapatalk

#718 ·
Super[emoji106]
J'aurais dû acheter une noire aussi [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: smille76
#720 ·
Mine came in this morning :)

Leather case and bonus Nato:
Gadget Leather Electronic device Technology Electronics

On the wrist:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

I'm loving it so far. The lume is pretty sweet and I love the dimensions. The blue does vary between light blue and nearly black depending on the light. I think this is going to be a very versatile watch.

The only beef I have (and I'm hoping it's isolated to my watch only) is that the bracelet is too long. I took out all of the removable links (6) and have it on the shortest micro adjustment yet there is still way too much room. My wrists are on the smaller side (6.75) but I have never had an issue with sizing a watch. Most of the time I have two or three oyster links remaining after sizing. I bought a mesh strap as a backup so I'll probably wear it on the mesh until I get the bracelet sorted. I was planning to have it on the bracelet 90% of the time so I'd like to make that work as it is an absolutely beautiful bracelet.

Footwear Shoe Furniture Table Hand

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's pics!

#721 ·
Wow! That's almost unheard of for a bracelet to be too big even when sized to it's smallest size.

If you are handing at all and have the right work bench and tools, you can saw off one or more of the permanent links. You just have to saw through the two side sections between the two pins connecting the side to the middle section and that link to the next link..... Seems like a lot of trouble though....

Have you complained to Borealis yet?
Mine came in this morning :)

Leather case and bonus Nato:
View attachment 11922962

On the wrist:
View attachment 11922978

I'm loving it so far. The lume is pretty sweet and I love the dimensions. The blue does vary between light blue and nearly black depending on the light. I think this is going to be a very versatile watch.

The only beef I have (and I'm hoping it's isolated to my watch only) is that the bracelet is too long. I took out all of the removable links (6) and have it on the shortest micro adjustment yet there is still way too much room. My wrists are on the smaller side (6.75) but I have never had an issue with sizing a watch. Most of the time I have two or three oyster links remaining after sizing. I bought a mesh strap as a backup so I'll probably wear it on the mesh until I get the bracelet sorted. I was planning to have it on the bracelet 90% of the time so I'd like to make that work as it is an absolutely beautiful bracelet.

View attachment 11922994

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's pics!

#726 ·
I got you all beat. I ordered last August and still no invoice. My last for sure

It's model type based.
If people with the same type as you have received their invoice, mail.
But I guess you simply are unlucky to be among those on the last models to be treated.
If Maria was shipping based on date and not model there certainly would be a number of mix-ups with people receiving the wrong watch.
Still, you've waited for 9 months (like me or many others) why be mad for a few more days?
On that basis I decided to go slow post. So I've paid my invoice on the 19th (lucky me, second model to be shipped) and may still receive my watch after must who have not yet gotten their final invoice. And wtf? I'll get my watch anyway and be happier for the all the wait!

Tapatalk'ed over the intertubes from my awesome bacon

#727 · (Edited)
Mine is on the FedEx truck right now!

nice to see some bonus strap(s) being thrown in....I ordered some of the ISO style rubber bands as well, as they are a steal at $25 US(ish)....

my plan is keep it on the bracelet, but i will likely play around with other strap options before settling back on the metal...

pics to follow soon of my white, date, cathedral with c3x1!

#728 ·
#730 ·
It might be easier to find a smaller clasp that fits the ends. The one they have is gigantic and is pretty common on smaller brands. Maybe the same manufacturer makes a shorter version without the dive extension.

Now that I think about it, can the dive extension be removed? Are the holes on the main part of the clasp in the right spot to reattach?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#735 ·
I did get a quick response back from Carlos regarding the bracelet size. It appears that my bracelet is in fact the spec production size. We even compared wrist and bracelet measurements while trading pictures back and forth. I appreciate the quick customer support but I still need to figure out a solution that will allow me to wear the watch on the bracelet. I'm not giving up yet!

Elconquistador's idea and uvalaw2005's comments seem like a pretty good approach. A shorter clasp might be a less permanent solution for those of us that don't quite fill out the stock bracelet.

Although I don't know what the lesser of two evils would be - permanently altering the stock bracelet or getting a new clasp and missing out on the beautiful Borealis design:

Wrist Watch Arm Watch accessory Fashion accessory

#736 ·
I did get a quick response back from Carlos regarding the bracelet size. It appears that my bracelet is in fact the spec production size. We even compared wrist and bracelet measurements while trading pictures back and forth. I appreciate the quick customer support but I still need to figure out a solution that will allow me to wear the watch on the bracelet. I'm not giving up yet!
That is a quick response! Did he have any ideas on solutions? He's going to have a lot of customers with sub 7" wrists I would think. Could you take a few pictures of the way the bracelet links connect to the clasp on both sides? That might help us brainstorm solutions.

#742 ·
Yes, this is a real shame! It's also surprising, since Borealis has had this problem before. Specifically, my Scorpionfish bracelet was unusable because of this very problem. Fortunately, the Scorpionfish was amenable to alternate bracelets, since it used straight end links and had short lugs. This solution won't work well on the Cascais, however.

#749 ·
I'll have to try but didn't think you could remove a ratcheting extension system and reduce length

#748 ·
Mine just arrived...

quick and nasty review:

PROS
- great case and bezel, glad I went white....
- indices line up, lume evenly applied.
- cathedral hands are awesome!
- good positive clicks on turning the bezel...no play.
- winds nice!
- white dial is super legible!
CONS
- um, hate the bracelet.

Sized and wore on the bracelet for a while, but just could not get comfy.....in the end took it off and plonked on a brown leather Panatime and SO much happier now!

was convinced by earlier reviews that I wouldn't be wearing this on the stock bracelet, so no shock there!

oh, and the lume is great - last pic is a side-by-side with my (also) new PADI Tuna......

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Green Measuring instrument Auto part Speedometer Gauge

Overall I am very happy with my purchase and glad I went with the color and options I did!

#751 ·
OK I finally had some time after I put the kids to bed to take a few more pictures. First off, I love the lume on this watch! It wasn't particularly bright here today in the Metro Detroit area and as you can see from the pic there is plenty of ambient light inside my house. The BGW9 still was shining!
Analog watch Watch Turquoise Wrist Fashion accessory

The next two are in reference to adjusting or removing the diver's extension. I don't think this is an option (unless I'm missing something?)

Metal Tire Watch Automotive tire Steel

Technology Bumper Auto part Cable Metal

Then I decided to put it on a mesh strap I had bought solely to wear with the Cascais. It fit great. I'll probably keep this combo until I can get the factory bracelet sorted out.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

The last couple of pictures are from an earlier suggestion, can you swap out the clasp in lieu of removing permanent links to help size the bracelet? I found an old 20mm Edifice clasp that I had laying around and it fit perfectly. Aesthetics is another story... Maybe you have a better looking clasp laying around.

Ring Fashion accessory Wrist Finger Jewellery

Watch accessory Jewellery Fashion accessory Wrist Bracelet

I hope those of you wishing to stick with the stock bracelet (and have smaller wrists) find my pictures helpful. I'll let you know if I end up going with the permanent link removal method to keep the stock clasp in the mix.

#756 ·
OK I finally had some time after I put the kids to bed to take a few more pictures. First off, I love the lume on this watch! It wasn't particularly bright here today in the Metro Detroit area and as you can see from the pic there is plenty of ambient light inside my house. The BGW9 still was shining!
View attachment 11928994

The next two are in reference to adjusting or removing the diver's extension. I don't think this is an option (unless I'm missing something?)

View attachment 11928970
View attachment 11929010

Then I decided to put it on a mesh strap I had bought solely to wear with the Cascais. It fit great. I'll probably keep this combo until I can get the factory bracelet sorted out.
View attachment 11929018

The last couple of pictures are from an earlier suggestion, can you swap out the clasp in lieu of removing permanent links to help size the bracelet? I found an old 20mm Edifice clasp that I had laying around and it fit perfectly. Aesthetics is another story... Maybe you have a better looking clasp laying around.

View attachment 11929058

View attachment 11929066

I hope those of you wishing to stick with the stock bracelet (and have smaller wrists) find my pictures helpful. I'll let you know if I end up going with the permanent link removal method to keep the stock clasp in the mix.
Love the mesh, do you have a link to the geckota mesh bracelet you purchased?

#755 ·
Yey!!! Just got my invoice for the Blue dial, no date with Cathedral hands. Will pay once I get home......sooooon!

And not a moment too soon. The import duty rules change the first of July, currently no duties on goods under a $1000. After the 1st, duty on all goods regardless of cost....bloody whining local retailers. So a quick spending flurry happening at the moment!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.