Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started - Page 22
Like Tree1242Likes

Thread: Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Page 22 of 111 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 ... LastLast

Re: Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Thought hard on the Cascais but ordered the Bull Shark instead, though I may still pick one up. I have a Seafarer II in the black/orange combo. Super quality, great legibility but I've come to the conclusion it's almost too big for me. I have 7.5" wrist but the 44mm....I don't know.
    The Cascais is a great looker to be sure. I don't have any experience with other microbrands. I can't imagine any of them beating Borealis level of quality, especially at that price point.
    Watches503 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watches503 View Post
    Big congrats man.

Booster I am not. If you check my opinions on this watch and other Borealis, I don't overhype or exaggerate anything.

I'm a selfish customer that asksed for a prototype so I can check it out and show around. So they sent me 4 so others can do same and you all have different perspectives on it, not just one from a fan like me.

Heath, Jose and Michael received two of them but they mostly showed them on Diver's Watches FB group and Microbrand Watches FB group since they don't do much watchuseek unless it's for buying and selling. I was given the opportunity to check out some prototypes and I would never pass that up. None of them have preordered the Cascais. Neither has Brice, not yet.

In two days, I'll be receiving 2 Straton Syncro prototypes that I'm absolutely looking forward to and I'll be sharing it on wus and Facebook the same way I've done with Cascais and Pantor Sea Lion. That one looks a lot better than the Bullshark and Cascais (to me) but I don't know if they look "too nice" for me. I wonder if they're too busy for me even if the eye candy is basically irresistible.

I saw how another project from another brand was unrealistically overhypedrevently with fan reviews so I never wanna be that guy.

How many of us Average Joe dive watch addicts would pass up a chance to check out prototype watches ?

I didn't pass up on a chance to check out the Taniwha Ururoa, the Pantor Sea Lion and there wasn't a chance that I would pass up on Straton Syncros or the Cascais I preordered. Not a chance. Haven't preordered the Straton Syncro but I don't think I'll be able to say no to a 44mm Quartz version since I don't have $700 for an automatic chronograph.

By the way, I still think the Seafarer is the best bang for my dollar ever, watch of the decade for me. But that's not trying to boost, it's just a preference.

But I completely understand anyone thinking I could be a booster by my obvious love for the huge bang for my dollar when I buy a Borealis. And my Love for knowing it's impossible to lose money when selling a Borealis i bought on preorder.

If it matters, I also have a GG Divemaster coming, an Armida A1 45mm and a PADI Turtle. I love the A1's a lot more than just about any watch out there, except for the Manta Ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very well said Louis! Like a lot of members of this forum, we share your thoughts, diversity, and obsessions of this hobby of ours. Sometimes it's appears like we're "fanboys" of only a certain brand, but in reality, we may have many "incoming" and "new arrivals" of several differant brands, that we barely have any time to enjoy them. Myself included, I'm 5 watches "in" & 4 other watches "out" in the last month, not having time to posts pics of the new ones on my wrist (yet). Thanks to Louis, Bryce, & everyone, Im very excited w/my Borealis pre-order, hopefully it'll slow me down a little, so I can enjoy my "new arrivals and post some pics too....all part of the love & fun of "WatchUseek" (the forum name says it all!).
    Watches503 likes this.

These pics are just so Great! They needed to be enjoyed on this page too!

Quote Originally Posted by Watches503 View Post
    Here's a sneak peak at some pics from Pallet Spoon coming soon:

Watches503 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garydusa View Post
    Very well said Louis! Like a lot of members of this forum, we share your thoughts, diversity, and obsessions of this hobby of ours. Sometimes it's appears like we're "fanboys" of only a certain brand, but in reality, we may have many "incoming" and "new arrivals" of several differant brands, that we barely have any time to enjoy them. Myself included, I'm 5 watches "in" & 4 other watches "out" in the last month, not having time to posts pics of the new ones on my wrist (yet). Thanks to Louis, Bryce, & everyone, Im very excited w/my Borealis pre-order, hopefully it'll slow me down a little, so I can enjoy my "new arrivals and post some pics too....all part of the love & fun of "WatchUseek" (the forum name says it all!).
    Thank you, Gary ! I was just slowed down in November to get a house, selling almost everything but it's been a great time lately.

I forgot to mention one, the Zelos Hammerhead prototype was another piece I was extremely happy to check out and share everywhere before they arrived. It carried me through that period when I had nothing else to wear other than old big 47-50mm my wife bought me 3 years ago, which are hard to wear now.

As soon as we had the down payment for the house, it was game on again ! And my wife for first time was actually happy for me to celebrate with watches arriving

Now she's back to not caring again.

garydusa likes this.
    Instagram: @watches503

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita70 View Post
    Thought hard on the Cascais but ordered the Bull Shark instead, though I may still pick one up. I have a Seafarer II in the black/orange combo. Super quality, great legibility but I've come to the conclusion it's almost too big for me. I have 7.5" wrist but the 44mm....I don't know.
    The Cascais is a great looker to be sure. I don't have any experience with other microbrands. I can't imagine any of them beating Borealis level of quality, especially at that price point.
    I loved my sea farer but it felt too large I have 7in wrists I sold it and ordered a Cascais

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So I just placed my pre-order. I'm.getting the Blue, pencil hands version with the date. I've never done pre-order before, when do I make the second payment?

They will send an invoice for the second payment. Pay that and the watch will ship soon thereafter.

Is it still possible to change the shipping carrier during the second payment? I want to change into cheaper alternative

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, so forgive me if anyone has already mentioned this, but does anyone else think the hour markers are too big? I really like this watch, but think it would look so much better if the hour markers were a little smaller.
    Jeep99dad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecamowhite View Post
    I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, so forgive me if anyone has already mentioned this, but does anyone else think the hour markers are too big? I really like this watch, but think it would look so much better if the hour markers were a little smaller.
    No
    E8ArmyDiver likes this.

Page 22 of 111 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 ... LastLast