Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started - Page 23
Like Tree1464Likes

Thread: Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Page 23 of 125 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast
    A small red dot in Asia on the Earth's equator.

Re: Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Quote Originally Posted by bluecamowhite View Post
    I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, so forgive me if anyone has already mentioned this, but does anyone else think the hour markers are too big? I really like this watch, but think it would look so much better if the hour markers were a little smaller.
    Yes, I do. The hour markers are too big for me too. That's why I preordered the white dial, hoping that it will reduce the "big effect".

In fact, I had highlighted this marker design preference to Borealis, during the initial design stage. But hey, what do I know? I'm no watch designer.
    Timex | Carnival | Casio | Pulsar | Phoibos | Fellman | Invicta | Rodina | Glycine | Bulova | Deep Blue | Tiger Concept | Hamtun | Gruppo Gamma | Dan Henry | Leyden | Deaumar | Tisell | Helgray | Scurfa | Ticino | Nezumi | Obris Morgan | Aramar | Seiko | Borealis | Vratislavia Conceptum | Manchester Watch Works | Orient | Aevig | Citizen | Steinhart | Nth | Armida | Squale | Archimede | Ginault | Ball | Damasko | Rolex

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, so forgive me if anyone has already mentioned this, but does anyone else think the hour markers are too big? I really like this watch, but think it would look so much better if the hour markers were a little smaller.
    Yes. I did. So did others.
    Yet when I got the prototype I fell in love with it and now I miss it. It's a great watch and it all flows well together design wise. The cathedral hands may balance the larger hour markers better imho so go that route maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mil6161 and Watches503 like this.
    ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

While some might find them too big and it's completely I understandable, I wouldn't mind if they were bigger like this Sawtooth on my wish list.

I'd love to see some huge markers like this in the future. I miss this Magellan and should've never sold it.
    (picture from google)

No company has the power to aesthetically please everyone with of us.

Instagram: @watches503

I personally find them quite ok. If they are smaller, I am worried that it might look too similar to Bathyscape XD

The white dial looks the best, IMHO

The indices are just fine. They are bold and enhance the lume that many other watches lack.
    JLS36 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watches503 View Post
    While some might find them too big and it's completely I understandable, I wouldn't mind if they were bigger like this Sawtooth on my wish list.

I'd love to see some huge markers like this in the future. I miss this Magellan and should've never sold it.
    (picture from google)

No company has the power to aesthetically please everyone with of us.

The markers on those two watches don't look as oversized. I think it's a proportionality issue. Maybe if the bezel were a little thicker that would help. And I like the pencil hands better than the cathedral hands, but I think that creates a proportionality issue as well. One previous poster suggested the cathedral hands help with that, and I agree, but I just don't care for the cathedral hands. I really like the watch; the proportions just don't look quite right.
    Jeep99dad likes this.

The markers on those two watches don't look as oversized. I think it's a proportionality issue. Maybe if the bezel were a little thicker that would help. And I like the pencil hands better than the cathedral hands, but I think that creates a proportionality issue as well. One previous poster suggested the cathedral hands help with that, and I agree, but I just don't care for the cathedral hands. I really like the watch; the proportions just don't look quite right.
    Honestly, as I have no vested interested in you getting one, i got to spend a couple of weeks with the prototype which has pencil hands and it changed my mind on the hour markers size. It's not an issue in the metal, It works well together. The design is very cohesive and smaller markers wouldn't work as well overall as the dial opening is large and dial uncluttered / sparse. Smaller markers would unbalance the dial imho. I wouldn't have said that before trying it just based on pics and renderings.

ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99dad View Post
    Honestly, as I have no vested interested in you getting one, i got to spend a couple of weeks with the prototype which has pencil hands and it changed my mind on the hour markers size. It's not an issue in the metal, It works well together. The design is very cohesive and smaller markers wouldn't work as well overall as the dial opening is large and dial uncluttered / sparse. Smaller markers would unbalance the dial imho. I wouldn't have said that before trying it just based on pics and renderings.

Do you have a picture of it next to your oris 65? That has a similar layout and pencil hands except that the markers are smaller on it. The overall size of the watch should be similar as well.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    Do you have a picture of it next to your oris 65? That has a similar layout and pencil hands except that the markers are smaller on it. The overall size of the watch should be similar as well.

Yes it's posted in my review in this thread.
    Though they are similarly sized on paper one can't derive they wear similar or compare directly for the markers size. I did make that comparison too but turns out they are far more different than I had assumed. the dial opening of the Cascais is larger and bezel is thin. Also it doesn't have that box dome crystal so it gives a totally different feel. The Cascais appears much larger. The dial looks much larger and indices couldn't be the same size or proportions would be off.

Ordered--> Nada

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post

Nevermind I found it

Page 23 of 125 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information