Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started - Page 4
Like Tree839Likes

Thread: Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast

Re: Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Quote Originally Posted by anarasanen View Post
    How does the quality of these Borealis watches compare to, for example, the quality of Steinhart's of similar price?
    I don't own a steinhart but I have Armidas, Helson, Seiko, Chris Ward, Citizen, Bochett, Borealis, Karlskrona, Deep Blue and the quality is on par with all of them. Their watches definitely push above their price point. I'm still amazed I paid $275 on preorder for my Scorpionfish.

I had a Borealis Seafarrer 2 ($450). It is higher quality on the cases and etc than my Steinhart Black DLC and Ocean 2 (both higher price than SF2). Steinharts had swiss movement which I don't really care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by anarasanen View Post
    How does the quality of these Borealis watches compare to, for example, the quality of Steinhart's of similar price?

Issue with Borealis is that it is a Pre-Order so Quality is what ever you get at once you receive it. If you need spare parts you are out of luck, just like the hands of my Batial, or Faded bezel of the Estoril which needs a brand new case. If you need new screws for your Scorpionfish or Hex bars for your Batial there is none. And I've started to go into Bigger Swiss Brands and I find quality is better, packaging, bezel feel, hand alignment etc. and honestly good Swiss watches can be had for $200-500 on sale. Bulova Accutron, Edox Hydro Sub, Deep Blue with ETA movements.

Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Quote Originally Posted by AVS_Racing View Post
    Issue with Borealis is that it is a Pre-Order so Quality is what ever you get at once you receive it. If you need spare parts you are out of luck, just like the hands of my Batial, or Faded bezel of the Estoril which needs a brand new case. If you need new screws for your Scorpionfish or Hex bars for your Batial there is none. And I've started to go into Bigger Swiss Brands and I find quality is better, packaging, bezel feel, hand alignment etc. and honestly good Swiss watches can be had for $200-500 on sale. Bulova Accutron, Edox Hydro Sub, Deep Blue with ETA movements.
    Hey Troll,

That must be why after you were banned from buying from Borealis, you couldn't wait to get an Estoril and Seafarer. Because of the horrible quality and awful experiences. Right...

Borealis provides spare parts, so that statement is also false. Are they free ? No, why would they pay for our neglect and abuse?

The hands of my Oris have lots of wear versus your little .5mm line on a hand of your Batial (which you got 100pct refund back and told to keep the watchl
    )

The hands on the Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver I sold, also aren't perfect

Even some Rolex's have flaws on hands

You will not find a Deep Blue of the same quality of the Batial, Seafarer or Bullshark. I know cus I've owned all top "Swiss" Deep Blues, sadly. Even have a 7754 Deep Blue coming and I can guarantee you the finish will not match Borealis, even the Sea Dragon finish is better than any Deep Blue, let alone the Seafarer's or Estorils and upcoming Bullsharks.

How long are you gonna keep trolling Borealis threads with your negativity ?

I mean, what do you get from this ? Let us enjoy our horrible quality Borealis Watches and you do your thing with Deep Blue and Bulova or whatever you want.

A few of my terrible Borealis

Nobody provides the specs that Borealis provides for the price.

We get it. You are banned for life from
    Borealis and is obvious they did a great decision. How long til you stop trolling the Borealis threads ?

I don't like certain brands, you don't see me trashing them every time I can, or ever. I keep it moving. You should try that.
    Last edited by Watches503; October 22nd, 2016 at 09:23.
    Mil6161 and zymphad like this.
    Instagram: @watches503

Banned for life like Pete Rose. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartel View Post
    Banned for life like Pete Rose. Damn.
    And since AVS_Racing mentioned preorders, let's examine these.

The Estorils were about $350 on preorder

SOLD for over $610 with 17 bids

SOLD for $479 with 1 bid

Sea Hawks were $350 new from Borealis

SOLD for $584 used with 71 bids !

Scorpionfish were $275 on preorder

SOLD for $485

Scout sniper went as high as $310 on Borealis Website

SOLD for $440 with a bunch of bids

Batial's preorder was $410

SOLD for $509

I think this is the last he mentions anything negative about Borealis preorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good looking watch. I think I may have to put it on my radar.
    Owned: NTH Nacken Modern, CW C60 300, Armida A2, Armida A9, W3 Pro Diver, Marathon Medium TSAR, Scurfa Stainless, Maratac Mid Pilot, SR-1, Seiko SARG009, SARB033

So apparently I'm trolling for voicing my opinions on watches I own. Simple question how do they stack up to other brands? and here's my owners perspective. Apparently anything negative = bashing a brand, making up stores, Borealis is king of watches and they exceed the quality of Rolexes. And why did I buy them if they are so bad and I got banned? I can't predict the future, as I placed the order for all 3 watches, Batial, Seafarer 2, and Extoril two years ago as a pre order. And my Estoril + Seafarer 2 got canceled after I had issues with the hands of my Batial, but I decided to give them another chance since I've had numerous Borealis/ Prometheous watches before. However those ordered got canceled again. And I'm not the type to play games, if I want something I get it, who is anyone to say what I can and can't do with my hard earned money, I can order 100 of the next Borealis watch if I wanted to.

Think what you want but here's the alignment of my Latest Borealis watches. Sure you can say it is a few mm but if it was only a few mm people won't be making such a big fuss over Seiko QC and alignment considering they are half the price of Borealis so they must be inferior. Or I could have opened all my brand new watches and purposely unaligned the hands. Or I just have bad luck with every Borealis that I get.

Name:  PS06.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  85.0 KB

Name:  S1.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  142.8 KB

Name:  S2.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  111.2 KB

Name:  S3.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  122.5 KB

Name:  S4.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  115.6 KB

Name:  S5.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  119.8 KB

Trying to get this thread back on track again .....

Here are some quick and dirty factory photos of the Cascais prototypes, borrowed from the Borealis forum.

Brown and Blue, with BGW9, and the Black and White, with X1 C3 lume ......

Also showing both Cathedral and the Pencil hands.

Won't be too much longer before they are fully assembled and received for evaluation .....

Regards,
    Last edited by phlabrooy; October 26th, 2016 at 13:21.
    Watches503 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phlabrooy View Post
    Trying to get this thread back on track again .....

Here are some quick and dirty factory photos of the Cascais prototypes, borrowed from the Borealis forum.

Brown and Blue, with BGW9, and the Black and White, with X1 C3 lume ......

Also showing both Cathedral and the Pencil hands.

Won't be too much longer before they are fully assembled and received for evaluation .....

Regards,
    Thanks for sharing ! That factory doesn't make it easy for us to see what they really look like but it's good to know that Maria will receive them soon and show us.

I'm getting the black cathedral C3 x1 but starting to get tempted to add s blue one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast