Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started - Page 43
Like Tree1464Likes

Thread: Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Page 43 of 125 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 93 ... LastLast

Re: Borealis Cascais Swiss STP1-11 Preorder has started

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_K View Post
    Well, I had the white dial, pencil hand, no date Cascais on order and now that pictures have been posted here above I had to admit to myself...I don't like it. I have a Pro-Spex Sumo and a Tuna with greenish Lumi-brite on the hands and indices and I have a devil of the time finding a strap to match that isn't just pure black. The Cascias' C3 X1 Super-LumiNova appears to even more green in tint and I'm pretty certain that this watch would end up being an instant capture and release for me.

But I do like the photos of the blue dial version with BGW9 Super-LumiNova. So on a lark I sent an e-mail to Maria (it's Saturday evening in Portugal, for crying out loud!) and I got a response within minutes saying that my order had been changed to the blue dial, pencil hand, no date version. Is that incredible customer service or what?!

I feel a lot better and don't want to spoil anyone's enthusiasm for the C3 X1 variants. I just know that it wouldn't work for me and I'm thrilled that I was able to avoid the disappointment I knew was going to come by staying with the white dial.

This whole episode makes me an even stronger Borealis fan. I have an Estoril 300 right now, with both the Cascais and the Sea Storm coming later this year. I can't wait!
    The speed at which she answers emails Is awesome. There are so many micro brands and laying out money months in advance is nobody's favorable way of buying a watch. However with borealis I feel comfortable because they communicate with us whenever we feel its necessary. Easy to deal with and pleasurable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Lee_K likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JLS36 View Post
    The speed at which she answers emails Is awesome. There are so many micro brands and laying out money months in advance is nobody's favorable way of buying a watch. However with borealis I feel comfortable because they communicate with us whenever we feel its necessary. Easy to deal with and pleasurable.

Yeah, one of the benefits of dealing with micro-brands is that you often get to deal directly with the owner for any issues that may arrive. Try that with Citizen or Rolex! Doc Vail of Lew & Huey/NTH is very responsive, Gunter Steinhart himself often answers the phone, and now Carlos and Maria of Borealis can be added to the list of responsive owners. Of course, not all micro-brands are this way, but I am really happy to support an operation such as Borealis.

I love this watch, best Borealis model imo. I cannot wait for mine. In the meantime I wore the blue proto on the bracelet this morning and thought I'd share a few pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99dad View Post
    I love this watch, best Borealis model imo. I cannot wait for mine. In the meantime I wore the blue proto on the bracelet this morning and thought I'd share a few pics
    Fantastic shots and now that you're assured me the lume is evenly applied to both the hands and the indices for the production models, I am even more certain that my switch to the blue dial with BGW9 was the right choice. Thanks again!
    Jeep99dad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_K View Post
    Fantastic shots and now that you're assured me the lume is evenly applied to both the hands and the indices for the production models, I am even more certain that my switch to the blue dial with BGW9 was the right choice. Thanks again!
    When I got the proto and noticed i sent Carlos a note who quickly reassured me that this wouldn't be the case on production models.
    I wish I had $ to buy a blue and white and brown

ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

IPA

Amazing shots of exactly the same config. I ordered. Do you have an orange rubber strap you could try on? I think it would look really good with an orange ISO strap or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by IPA View Post
    Amazing shots of exactly the same config. I ordered. Do you have an orange rubber strap you could try on? I think it would look really good with an orange ISO strap or similar.
    I don't own any orange rubber but can't try an orange canvas. Maybe too much for me :)

Ordered--> Nada

IPA

I don't own any orange rubber but can't try an orange canvas. Maybe too much for me :)

You are probably right. Would have been nice to see what it looks like though =)

Quote Originally Posted by IPA View Post
    You are probably right. Would have been nice to see what it looks like though =)
    I'll try the orange canvas to give you an idea

IPA likes this.

Ordered--> Nada

So April/May can't wait.. Jeep99dad could you try it on a khaki or brown canvas

Jeep99dad likes this.

Page 43 of 125 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 93 ... LastLast

Thread Information