C. Ward or just buy a Sinn? - Page 2
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: C. Ward or just buy a Sinn?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: C. Ward or just buy a Sinn?

I believe Sinn is in a whole different level. You can not beat the toughness of a Sinn. The Sinn is all tool watch nothing fashionable about it. My U2 has been in many many oceans and clanked on many many boats and it still looks like new. I essentially wear my U2 any place that I don't want to have to think about protecting or thinking about the fact that I have a watch on.
    dmcutter, timseren and SteveJ like this.
    Collection: Rolex SD, JLC NS Auto, Breguet Marine, AP ROD Silver, GP II Seahawk Ceramic, Sinn U2

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPERIAN View Post
    I believe Sinn is in a whole different level. You can not beat the toughness of a Sinn. The Sinn is all tool watch nothing fashionable about it. My U2 has been in many many oceans and clanked on many many boats and it still looks like new. I essentially wear my U2 any place that I don't want to have to think about protecting or thinking about the fact that I have a watch on.
    I think it depends on the watch. You're talking about their tegimented pieces, but they aren't all that tough. I'd argue that Damasko gives you more toughness than a Sinn at every level of their catalog. But Sinn is great.

Just be aware that they aren't all that tough, is my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    parsig9 likes this.

Point taken. That does make sense.
    Collection: Rolex SD, JLC NS Auto, Breguet Marine, AP ROD Silver, GP II Seahawk Ceramic, Sinn U2

Looks like it's split down the middle

"It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by timseren View Post
    Discounts are a sign that a brand is not that strong. Why should you pay 50% less for some reasons? Maybe it's worth less then?
    No. Just no. I'm sort of sick of seeing this, so apologies timseren because I'm not picking on you.

Do you know why you don't see any other brands run 50% sales? Because ADs and grey market. You can not find C Ward in either of those channels. Fancy Swiss brands sell their old stock off all the time. That's how you get Joma and the like.

You can buy C Ward at one brick and mortar in the world - or online.

Discounted pieces have zero to do with quality or brand strength. It's about distribution model. Name another brand growing as fast a Chris Ward- there are few, if any.

If we're talking divers, I mean, a Sinn U1 is a great watch. No doubt. Cool tech that sets it apart, unique design, etc. But it's also $2k which puts it out of beater territory for me.

A trident is also a great watch, with a design which may borrow elements from other watches, but will never be mistaken for them, and it's ~$500 during sales, $900 otherwise.

If I had $2k I would get a 38mm trident and a trip somewhere to dive with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaPiJiggy View Post
    No. Just no. I'm sort of sick of seeing this, so apologies timseren because I'm not picking on you.

Do you know why you don't see any other brands run 50% sales? Because ADs and grey market. You can not find C Ward in either of those channels. Fancy Swiss brands sell their old stock off all the time. That's how you get Joma and the like.

You can buy C Ward at one brick and mortar in the world - or online.

Discounted pieces have zero to do with quality or brand strength. It's about distribution model. Name another brand growing as fast a Chris Ward- there are few, if any.

Great point Sigma, I've picked up a number of "big name" brands who never discount on "their" website for up to 60% off on Jomashop and other such websites. When I first got into CW's I looked everywhere for a similar deal and didn't find one. Fortunately I picked up on the fact they discount direct at times and so just hung around until a sweet deal appeared. Now own a Trident Pro 600 black titanium and the white dialed diver. The white dialed diver is stunning and my most favourite watch. Beaters? hardly, no I picked up a couple of cheapies if I need to whale on them.

CW is a beautifully crafted watch, looks stunning and their customer service is really strong. I would put then in the same category as Steinhart and interestingly they don't discount, nor can you get them on the grey market!
    "Socrates is dead, Galilei is dead,
    Newton is dead, Einstein is dead,
    Pantani is dead and I'm feeling sick too."

Having had both, I'd got for the Ward. They are so well made for the price. I got a C60 GMT at 50% off just to see, and it was amazing. I really wish I kept it.
    Kyle.
    Ahoy hoy!

Chris Ward make a fabulous watch. If you fancy getting one they will most likely be having a nearly new sale in June. I've got several NN watches and if I'm honest they're more like new than nearly new. Join the mailing list to get an early warning of the sales though otherwise slobs like me get all the good stuff.

C ward is excelent watch for that money (-50%). Dont go for full price. Also it is posible to find it used on market!

Sinn on other hand is good name and very nice "tool" watch.

I will go with Ward.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information