Just received this e-mail from Dion, so looks like there will be no case swap, but can choose from one of these 4 options.
Kia ora (Hello),
As you know, we have been planning to start the exchange of your brass case with bronze parts in the period of July-Sep. This planning was based on the delivery date we agreed with the new case manufacturer. Everything on our side was ready to go and we planned to send you an email now with final instructions.
However, last Friday we had to reject the final pre-production samples we received from our supplier. The parts did not meet our quality criteria. Earlier samples we received a while ago were OK. We have checked with some other manufacturers but already could predict the outcome. There is no way we will be able to get new parts manufactured in less than 5 months' time. We do not think it is realistic to ask you to wait that much longer.
In the meantime our hopes of getting financial compensation for the wrongly delivered material from our old supplier vaporized. We learned the hard way that - even when you are right - it does not mean you always get what you are entitled to.
So, faced with this new reality, we propose 4 alternatives. We hope that one of them is the best one for you in light of this new situation. If, however, you see still another option: please let us know and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
1. You keep the watch, accepting a 15% discount on your next watch purchase (valid until June 2013) and a set of black/brown straps with stainless steel buckles, OR;
2. You keep the watch and accept a payment of $100 USD as compensation for delivering a brass instead of bronze case. Please allow up to 6 weeks to receive payment, OR;
3. You order a different Magrette watch and we will trade in the brass model as part-payment in the value of $285.00USD , OR;
4. You send back the watch, strap(s), roll-case, papers and box and we will pay back the original invoice amount after receiving back your watch. Please include your paypal or bank details (incl. IBAN/SWIFT info), date of purchase and number of the watch. Please allow up to 6 weeks to receive payment.
Side note: we plan to offer the returned watches in our web shop as pre-owned with full warranty. If necessary we will brush the cases to like-new condition. Price will be $285 USD,-.
We will have to do this to recoup our costs and are confident that there is a market for them. We have been selling this model in our web shop at $385 USD,- since we discovered the alloy was brass. It continued to sell as people just like the looks and price point.
Please reply to this email and tell us which option you prefer and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Looking back, we realize we have failed to live up to our promise and have let you down. For this we apologize. What remains is our personal integrity and our promise to continue our business in the way we have done in the past: To our best knowledge, with our best intentions, driven by passion and believing in service with a personal touch.
With best regards,
Yep, just got another email...not very happy. Seems like I won't be getting a bronze watch after all ...
Dion is trying to make it right so you can't fault him for that. I'm just disappointed in that I really want the watch in the correct case.
Wow. I feel pretty bad for them. Seems like they're really in a tough spot.
Sent Via Tapatalk
(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)
Watch collector by choice
Weapons owner by necessity
In memory of D.K.
"You gave your life and your dreams so that others could have theirs."
I'm going to have to send mine back the brass just does weird things to my skin unfortunately. But at least Dion is doing the right thing!
I feel for Dion. On a personal note, I am so stuck; can't decide if I want to send mine back or take the $100. I really wanted the bronze case and was willing to stick with the prolonged swapping schedule. Just disappointed that it turned out this way.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)