A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap - Page 10
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

I purchased a brand new Isofrane strap a couple of weeks ago but only put it the watch this past weekend......I got a 20mm strap for my Seiko MM300, which has 20mm lug width according to info I got & I also called the US service ctr. of Seiko (I have the SBDX012 50th anniversary edition)
    Strap is not 20mm as they're gaps, took pics sent them by email to Isofrane, rep says that can't be, 100,000 made, I told them I must have gotten that 1 lemon.....have not heard back after I gave them info I got from Seiko.
    I am not a happy watch guy at present, & am not going to buy their straps.
    Founder and card carrying member of the Global Association of Retro-Grouch CurmudgeonsHidden Content

Get a set of calipers and send them a picture.

Isofrane's customer service staff doesn't seem to be very bright at all, I'm having some issues with them as well

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
    I purchased a brand new Isofrane strap a couple of weeks ago but only put it the watch this past weekend......I got a 20mm strap for my Seiko MM300, which has 20mm lug width according to info I got & I also called the US service ctr. of Seiko (I have the SBDX012 50th anniversary edition)
    Strap is not 20mm as they're gaps, took pics sent them by email to Isofrane, rep says that can't be, 100,000 made, I told them I must have gotten that 1 lemon.....have not heard back after I gave them info I got from Seiko.
    Robert, can you take a pic to show us the problem? I've handled many Isofrane straps, and have found all to be very consistent...they all pop out of the same mold. Also, did you buy it directly from Isofrane?
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post

I may have a solution.

The original Seiko fat bars are 2.5mm in diameter, Isofrane is designed to take generic 1.8mm spring bars. Are you using the fat bars? if so, the strap can get pinched up from all that excess friction.

In this case, "skinny-fat" spring bars (1.8mm, with 1.1mm ends) will solve your problem. You could try replacing the fat bars with generic spring bars (1.8mm with ~0.8mm ends) first if you happen to have them lying around.

Thanks for the review! Very helpful.

Best strap you can get period.

I wear it on my CX swiss military Argonaut 1000 and have done it for the past 5 years. Still looks brand new. Before switching to ISOFRANE I used the original rubber strap (looked horrible within a year) used a zulu stap (broken within a year) and finally a leather dive strap (hirsch chronissimo or something like that) either of the broke or looked horrible within a year.

Never wear anything else on my expensive watches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kit View Post
    Best strap you can get period.

I wear it on my CX swiss military Argonaut 1000 and have done it for the past 5 years. Still looks brand new. Before switching to ISOFRANE I used the original rubber strap (looked horrible within a year) used a zulu stap (broken within a year) and finally a leather dive strap (hirsch chronissimo or something like that) either of the broke or looked horrible within a year.

Never wear anything else on my expensive watches.
    Name:  20160709_181021.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  1.45 MB

Love the strap on my precious Argonaut 😍

Thank you for a well done and informative review. I'm holding out for the 22mm release and was curious as to how the Isofrane will fit on a 7" wrist? Will it be too long and have a lot of tail or do you think it will still be manageable?

Budapest currently (Albuquerque, NM full time)

I noticed my new black one does not have the vanilla smell. Only natural rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by annare View Post
    Thank you for a well done and informative review. I'm holding out for the 22mm release and was curious as to how the Isofrane will fit on a 7" wrist? Will it be too long and have a lot of tail or do you think it will still be manageable?
    I have it on my 6.5 wrist without any problem ...

zed073 likes this.
    Sent from my NOKIA 1011 using Takatuka ...

Greetings from Germany - harald-hans

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast