A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap - Page 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

Quote Originally Posted by NM-1 View Post
    I noticed my new black one does not have the vanilla smell. Only natural rubber.
    Can anyone else comment on whether they've stopped adding vanilla scent to the Isofrane strap?

This awesome thread has shed light on my question of what makes Isofrane better than other black, rubber straps. So, I want to try one. Unfortunately, fragrances trigger migraines for me... and the vanilla scent mentioned is a dealbreaker.

If they haven't stopped using it, is there a way to get rid of it? Can I soak the strap, boil it, leave it in the attic for a summer?

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Re: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

Quote Originally Posted by mjkelly View Post
    Can anyone else comment on whether they've stopped adding vanilla scent to the Isofrane strap?

This awesome thread has shed light on my question of what makes Isofrane better than other black, rubber straps. So, I want to try one. Unfortunately, fragrances trigger migraines for me... and the vanilla scent mentioned is a dealbreaker.

If they haven't stopped using it, is there a way to get rid of it? Can I soak the strap, boil it, leave it in the attic for a summer?

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
    I expect you've long since tried it out or decided against. I only chime in now because I also get nasty migraines, usually light-cause though. I asked the same question about the scents of the new isofrane and someone told me that theirs came with NO scent at all, not vanilla, not rubber, nothing. Still, I'd recommend trying a Bonetto Cintrini rubber strap and see how the smell treats you. I thought I'd hate the vanilla, especially after smelling one from Orbis Morgan (GAG!), but I tried one from Bonetto because I read that they are actually the company making the Isofranes, and it's luxurious in comfort and pleasantly sweet-smelling. I asked a couple people to tell me what they thought it smelled like, none said vanilla, they all said candy or cake. But no, the smell doesn't go away, not after a few months of regular wear and washing anyway.

Best of luck.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread Information