A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap - Page 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Re: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

May I ask; have you tried this strap over a wet / dry suit for fit and if not do you believe there would be any issues during an actual dive due to its length or ease of adjustment for squeeze during a dive?
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Watch List:

AQUADIVE - B/100 Bronze 008/100, DOXA - 1000T Professional 615/5000, H2O - 2000m Orca Diver, TAWATEC - 300m Titan, WILSON WATCH WORKS - 2K Diver 45/50, HAMILTON - Vintage Electra, CASIO -G-Shock 6600, CASIO-Protrek 2500T

Incoming Soon:

WILSON WATCH WORKS -
    1K Diver 45/50

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Not yet Bill, but I will try it on over my 5mil and add that information to the post. Doubtful that it would fit over a dry suit, but I guess it depends on the style of dry suit.

But thanks for reminding me of another item on my 'wish list' for ISOfrane - an extension piece such as is available for the TF strap and previously available for the vintage isofrane
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

Sorry GM, I deleted one and you deleted the other! I saw your post and will check length
    Last edited by Nalu; March 5th, 2010 at 21:58.
    Current baker's dozen favorites:
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20;
    Bathys Black Aquaculture;Casio MDV-102-1AVCF; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm; Helson Sharkdiver #100;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS: Victorinox Garrison; + about 20 more
    Incoming: NADA
    Hidden Content
    I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau Hidden Content
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Thanks, Nalu and Subkrawler as well. I just placed my order for the pvd buckle version. I think it will look sweet on my Dwatch, and just in time for the warmer weather.

Nalu, your pics rock.

Thanks for the comprehensive isofrantic review. I was at first a bit put off by the price of the new Isofrane, but it really looks competitive to the vintage, which border on unobtanium and a bargain compared to the Omega variants. Thanks to the kindness of fellow a fellow Brooklynite, I am able to enjoy my vintage Isofrane. However, I wouldn't hesitate to get a new 20mm when they come out.

Well done, Colonel.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    But thanks for reminding me of another item on my 'wish list' for ISOfrane - an extension piece such as is available for the TF strap and previously available for the vintage isofrane
    They tell me one is in the works.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Great review thanks
    PRS 50 NLE, 14, 17-C, 18A
    Baliha'i #4
    Halios Holotype and Bluering
    Laco Baumuster "B" LE
    Hamilton Pilot
    Crepas el Buzo
    Rhula
    Pam 111

Guido, I get a 192mm effective strap length. To determine whether it will fit you on your watch, add your watch's springbar hole to springbar hole distance to 192mm. E.g., the LM-7 is ~42mm, so the overall length of the ISOfrane/LM-7 combo is about 234mm/9.2 inches.
    Last edited by Nalu; June 3rd, 2010 at 05:38. Reason: grammar

:thanks Thanks Colin.
    Current baker's dozen favorites:
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20;
    Bathys Black Aquaculture;Casio MDV-102-1AVCF; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm; Helson Sharkdiver #100;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS: Victorinox Garrison; + about 20 more
    Incoming: NADA
    Hidden Content
    I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau Hidden Content
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Sorry again for the crossed streams on your last post :oops:

I'd say the differences between my measurements and the official ones are easily accounted for by the fact that:

1. I was using a plastic desk ruler and eyeballing the measurements, and
    2. I was not measuring the length of rubber, but rather from the springbar hole to tip/springbar hole.

In any event, I think this strap will work for all but the largest-wristed of us (Shane, who is a 9-1/4" IIRC). Fortunately, there aren't too many watches with 24mm lug width that are short in the lug to lug dimension. However, there are short watches with 20mm and 22mm lug widths so I hope ISOfrane is keeping that in mind.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast