A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap - Page 6
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

Quote Originally Posted by sml View Post
    the standard rate for the straps are about US$25-30 ..... Bonetto Cinturini - Diver & Sport Watch Straps - Italian Rubber Watch Bands - Cinturini per orologio in gomma - Correas de caucho para relojes

i think the ISOfrane is made in the same place, so you pay about extra $70 for the fancy name & design.
    The original Isofrane straps made over 40 years ago are still in service.

I am not sure you can say the same for those whose costs are quite a bit less.

sml

Quote Originally Posted by sidecross View Post
    The original Isofrane straps made over 40 years ago are still in service.

I am not sure you can say the same for those whose costs are quite a bit less.
    dont get caught up in the hype.
    read the reviews and the current/new version is not identical to the old version.
    if they are made in the same factory at BC and the same rubber, then they can't be that magical (albeit BC straps are good).
    i guess being mega-thick adds a few years to their longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by sml View Post
    dont get caught up in the hype.
    read the reviews and the current/new version is not identical to the old version.
    if they are made in the same factory at BC and the same rubber, then they can't be that magical (albeit BC straps are good).
    i guess being mega-thick adds a few years to their longevity.
    It may be or maybe not 'hype', but I will be the one who will decide for myself. I have two Isofrane and have no buyer's regret.
    Tempusfugitus likes this.

sml

Quote Originally Posted by sidecross View Post
    It may be or maybe not 'hype', but I will be the one who will decide for myself. I have two Isofrane and have no buyer's regret.
    no-one ever said that it wasnt your decision .. no need to make obvious statements that 'you will decide for yourself'. of course it is your decision. it is your money afterall.

i'm not anti-isofrane ... i bought one and tried it out, but i didn't really like the super-thick strap. i prefer thinner straps. no big deal. if you like thick straps, then they are a very nice strap.
    whether it is $100 or $30, i dont really care if i loved the design .. it is only $70 difference.
    pity it wasnt a bit thinner :( .. if it was, then i would buy a couple.
    sidecross likes this.

OOooopps
    Last edited by Chris S.; May 13th, 2012 at 19:11.

Quote Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
    Yup. It's called marketing. Make it unique, put up banner ads, and charge a lot of money for it.

People pay 10x as much for a little more rubber and some styling. In the end, you could still cut it with a sharp pair of scissors. Such is life...no shame in a $10 nato strap...as long as it serves its purpose!!
    Yeah, the best example of this - APPLE!
    Watch noob!

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    Mold marks and residue are minimal on the ISOfrane, a sign of attention to detail in the manufacturing process
    You have a production sample, and the mould has probably produced very few pieces, which is why there are none or very few mould flashes and other marks.

When the production rate increases the mould gets worn, and mould flashes will likely get bigger, as the mould parts will not fit together just as good as they have earlier.

The cost of the mould is a big part of the production costs, and the mould is not likely to be replaced before it breaks down entirely, so you really can't say anything on how the visual quality of the straps will be like going forward.

Having said that, I might add that a rubber strap like that, or at least any of the other straps with PU, doesn't cost more than 5$ to produce depending on where in the world they are manufactured, and depending on how many cavities the mould has.
    Wearing: Omega Seamaster ceramic black, Seiko "Grand Cocktail" SDGM003, Seiko "Sumo Blue" SBDC003, Magrette Dual Time, modded Seiko SKX007, Steinhart OVM, Certina DS Caimano, Casio G-shock G7500-V
    Incoming: Nothing at the moment
    Hidden Content

comes in blue and black; no aroma.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    Can somebody explain to me why ISOfrane watch bands are so expensive? They are rubber or plastic right? Are they any tougher than a NATO watch band $10?
    The isofrane strap is the best rubber strap money can buy, its is the only strap available that has the soft feel of leather on the wrist, the softness, comfort of wear and durability are unmatched, the compound used for isofrane is unique and is not the same like any other rubber/silicone strap you can buy. Enough said, get 3rd party opinions from our customers, not from isofrane, please read hundreds of reviews on WUS and google isofrane and you will know why. from entry level to customers who buy high end watches, all remove their $10 to $300.00 branded strap and use the isofrane instead to get the best comfort and balance for their watches.
    Mudman001 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
    Yup. It's called marketing. Make it unique, put up banner ads, and charge a lot of money for it.

People pay 10x as much for a little more rubber and some styling. In the end, you could still cut it with a sharp pair of scissors. Such is life...no shame in a $10 nato strap...as long as it serves its purpose!!
    Hi, have you tried one yourself?, I guess No, so you don't know what you are missing, please read the customer reviews and don't listen to what the manufacturer is saying if you think it is simply marketing BS and banners, and you will understand why tens of thousands of owners are not just wasting their money, but truly appreciate the unmatched comfort and softness they get from an isofrane). And yes you will be able to cut it with a pair of scissors, but this is not what people usually do with a watch strap.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information