A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap - Page 7
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

Very few if any rubber straps can compete with ISOfrane! Worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by sml View Post
    the standard rate for the straps are about US$25-30 ..... Bonetto Cinturini - Diver & Sport Watch Straps - Italian Rubber Watch Bands - Cinturini per orologio in gomma - Correas de caucho para relojes

i think the ISOfrane is made in the same place, so you pay about extra $70 for the fancy name & design.
    This is hilarious, Bonetto makes straps from $10 to $300 and you think they are all the same?? Be realistic please !!
    skin diver likes this.

BC for me are frustrating. Their website shows a lot of straps that supposedly are available in different colors but I can't find any retailers selling them in the sizes I want. When they can get that sorted out I might show some interest.

In my opinion the Isofrane straps are slightly overpriced but I have bought a few of them and there is no denying the quality. Plus my kids reckon they smell like cookies so what's not to like? Has anyone bought one, worn it and thought it's crap and not worth it? Be honest now.
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5mm
    Stowa Chronograph 1938 (cream dial, brushed case)
    Magrette Waterman Stainless Steel
    Magrette Moana Pacific Professional Steel
    Belmoto Trackday Blue/Silver

I have ISO and BC. I like them both, but the ISO is softer and more comfy. The BC cost 1/4 of the price though and has a deployant clasp.
    Last edited by Blurter; November 30th, 2013 at 00:41.
    Rotation: Glycine Combat Sub, Seiko 6105-8110 '74, Seiko 6309-7049 '79 & , Raven Vintage 42mm, Welly Merck, Bulova Super Seville '84, Mortima Superdatomatic 60's x2, G-Shock GWM5610BC-1JF, Norton Super 70s diver, Advance KIF 70s diver. Incoming: Hamtun H1, Ventus Mori, Visitor Duneshore, Bulova moon watch 96B258

Isofrane is the most comfortable rubber strap I've ever had no doubt. I do not find rubber straps comfortable at all but isofrane is the exception. They are great and are definitely worth it. I'm about to buy 2 more!

Edit
    Last edited by Ampho; December 1st, 2013 at 14:39.

A comparative review of the new ISOfrane strap

I just bought an orange Isofrane to go on my Planet Ocean and have been wearing it for a couple of weeks now. My initial observations are;

1) THE best quality finish I've seen yet on a rubber strap....no additional rubber from the mould anywhere. It's also an exceptionally good looking strap.
    2) fit and comfort is slightly better than my Omega OEM rubber dive strap. You can get a great fit no matter how much your wrist expands or contracts due to temperature changes. The strap grips your wrist so does not slide about, another comfort 'plus'. Bulkiness is the only area where the Omega wins.
    3)looks amazing IMO. Love the retro styling. This strap would look great on most dive watches. I would recommend the orange ISO to anyone, I believe the shade of orange is just right
    4) the rubber feels just about spot on....not too rigid or too supple. It's quite a thick/ bulky strap but the right amount of suppleness means it's not too unwieldy
    5) some here have complained about price.....I just don't really have an issue here. My ISO cost £80 inc postage from the US. My Omega dive strap (for the PO2500) cost me £125 a couple of years back and is now more expensive.
    6) I love the vanilla scent. On my strap it is only a faint smell. I have heard that the odour is not so strong on the coloured straps

Time will tell on the longevity of the strap and thus actual quality but there is plenty of evidence of the originals lasting decades. We'll see if the new ones are as good....I'll post back in ten years!

To answer the question of that poster in that other thread that was closed regarding the Isofrane:
    I own 2 Isofrane straps (orange and black), but yep, I agree with you.
    Don't think it's worth even $50, let alone $100+.
    Last edited by OnTimeGabe; July 25th, 2014 at 18:00. Reason: Removed needless provocation
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsedge2003 View Post
    Isofrane is the most comfortable rubber strap I've ever had no doubt. I do not find rubber straps comfortable at all but isofrane is the exception. They are great and are definitely worth it. I'm about to buy 2 more!
    I second that
    Mancuniandragon living in Good Old Blighty

There will be enough holes for a 7" wrist and with two keepers loose strap end control shouldn't be a problem. The ISOfrane keepers tend to stay put, unlike some other straps I own.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast