H2O fans share your opinions... Kalmar 1, Kalmar 2 or Orca

Poll: What's your favorite Orca, K1 or K2?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Like Tree35Likes

Thread: H2O fans share your opinions... Kalmar 1, Kalmar 2 or Orca

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

H2O fans share your opinions... Kalmar 1, Kalmar 2 or Orca

Hey all.

One day I'd like to add one of the H2O divers to my collection (I own the Hydra now) but I'm not sure which. I know the basics. Kalmar 1 is the largest and has many bezel options, Kalmar 2 is smaller and the Orca of course has all those case options.

Yet when you look at the Orca Dive and the two Kalmars they are very similar in overall design. So which is your favorite and why? Esp those of you who own/have owned all of them?

I like larger watches and 46mm is usually perfect, but I will say the lug to lug of the Kalmar 1 seems long.

The Orca dive and Kalmar 2 are both 44mm watches (even though the case is a little smaller on the Kalmar 2, I go with the widest measurement.)

They can all be configured to be relatively equal in price. or at least within reason.

Clemens if you care to share your insight too; that would be great!

Thanks all!

Re: H2O fans share your opinions... Kalmar 1, Kalmar 2 or Orca

Easy choice for me, with my Kalmar 2 incoming....

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 294
Size:  205.0 KB
    WnS and Imbiton like this.
    Have - to many....

I just voted with my wallet and picked up a carbon Kalmar 2, but that was more for its material and innovative bracelet than aesthetics over the others. I had previously bought a CH-1 bronze so I knew I would be getting a high quality product for a reasonable price.

PS: this is the first time I've ever bought any watch on a presale, I usually want instant gratification.
    Imbiton and Dark Overlord like this.

It's not the diameter, it's the height. Cliffs: Orca.

I had the same doubts when i had to buy my first H2O watch. I love big watches but i wasn't sure i could handle the K1 on my wrist (about 17.5cm) so i went for a beautiful Orca with a dive case and a turbine bezel to make the safe choice. It was a great watch and i loved it... until i bought my first K1 :) After seeing that beast in person i was so charmed by the look, the weight and the overall presence i sold my Orca and bought another K1 with another configuration. This is just for saying that if you are into big watches go for the K1 and you will not be disappointed.
    I was also tempted to try the K2 but i was afraid it would look too small compared to the K1 even if it is only a matter of a few millimeters. Today i received the K2 Carbon (which should be a little bigger than the normal K2 according to the specifics) and i have to say that it stands near the K1 without problems, it looks great and well proportionate.
    I suggest you to also check the K2 8000m which is another big one :)
    I'm sure the others will be more helpful since they had all the models in their hands and can give you a better comparison.
    Imbiton, rafy1 and Dark Overlord like this.

Obviously a very personal opinion. My favorite of the three cases is the Kalmar 2. Just fits beautifully (on my wrist which is 7.18"). I do not own a Kalmar 1 and probably wont. The L2L is a bit too much for me and it sits quite a bit higher I believe. Now, I do have the carbon K2 which has a longer L2L but it is hitting the max of what I'm willing to go with. The Orca dive series is a beautiful watch and one of my favorites (my favorite Orca case is the Torpedo). Nice thing about the Orca is the option to get different inner modules (including a GMT) to really create tons of different options for it. (I do have 7 kalmar 2s, one of which is a Ti5 6k, 1 carbon K2, and 5 orca dive cases - 2 polished, 2 hardened steel, and 1 bronze)
    Imbiton, rafy1 and Dark Overlord like this.
    ISO:
    H2O 40mm Marlin
    H2O Kalmar 2s
    H2O Orca Stainless Steel: any inner modules, any outer cases (seriously looking for classic and vintage cases)
    H2O Orca DLC: GMT inner module, all outer cases
    Christopher Ward C11 Titanium Extreme 1000

Pre-Order/Incoming:
    Visitor Vale Park Officer, Zelos DWFG DMT w/ date (#7), H2O Bronze Orca Dress, Doxa 1200t Professional DWFG ed. (#7)

Diver's Watches Facebook Group:
    Hidden Content
    H2O Watch Addicts Anonymous Facebook Group:
    Hidden Content

WnS

I usually go for the smallest lug to lug length so there's no chance of over powering my wrist.

In my case Ive bought 2 orcas on dress case (L2L = 52.8mm). This is near the upper limit for me, but looks great. Height is pretty good at 13.5mm not including crystal, and makes the watch look pretty compact.

Imagine Kalmar 2 would wear similarly. More compact case but slightly longer lugs.

K1 is a watch only for people like Schwarzenegger.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    I'm content with my watch collection Hidden Content

thanks for the insight thus far guys.... keep it coming if you please.

If only one could try these on before the purchase. I know no matter what I would be happy with the fit and finish and construction of the watch but wrist presence, comfort and all...

I need Rafy1 or DannyT to visit me here in the US with their massive collections so I could try some on. :)

As noted above, a 46mm diameter would normally be perfect for me, but the L2L is long. The K2 seems to be the same size as my Squale, which I love but do wish were just a hair bigger. However somehow the K2 looks bigger than the Squale from everyone's wrist shots.

The L to L on the K1 is pretty extreme, I flipped my GMT. The kalmar 2 8000m is one of my all time favorites, but not for everybody. In terms of daily wear my favorite is the Orca Dive inclining bezel. Perfect size, clean lines and very comfortable.
    rafy1 and Dark Overlord like this.

I'm a little surprised this hasn't garnered a few more opinions, esp with guys like Rafy1 and DannyT who own the whole lot 5 times over. lol :D I'm caught in between here.

Lug to lug I like the 54mm-5mm type size. The K2 and Orca dive and classic are right there but in width 46-48mm is my sweet spot hence the K1. I have smaller watches and many larger watches but I'm at the point where I want to buy only watches I know I will keep.

Kinda leaning Orca right now in dive or classic configuration. But I'm still not sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information