H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD - Page 22
Like Tree2568Likes

Thread: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Page 22 of 186 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Re: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

my vote is for Long seconds because rehaut "curve" is more obvious. But I like both versions actually.

I just miss steel bezel inlay, or even better - all steel bezel!!

And now my general opinion about this watch. When I saw first pictures few weeks ago I was thinking it will have classic crown position and normal crown guards, so it will looks like average diver with rolex case (like f.e. helberg ch7) and I was sure I will pass this time, because I am in love with kalmars. But... when I saw how the right "crown" side looks, with quite unusual crown position and quards, I am afraid it will be hard to resist to buy one. I think with this design it will be not such a best seller like many think! (I hope I am wrong)
    I suppose most people (mostly non h2o customers) like to see an average and classy looking diver from h2o and people was expecting that Marlin will be such a watch, but it will be not because the crown position and crown guards! I can imagine many are disapointed with its design!
    But many lovers like me, Danny etc will appreciate that h2o will release AGAIN somenthing unusual and very special! I am really surprised and happy, Clemens, because I was really thinking you are going to release true commercial model! (like every other rolexish diver).
    So, IMHO Marlin looks amazing, its very innovative, combining classy curves with unusual and interesting design aspects. And also - it will be more comfortable not only because deep lugs, but better crown position.

Just still not sure which size to get... I am almost 7" wrist, but lately I prefer smaller watches (but sturdy) so maybe I will go for 40mm. I have f.e. 40mm Benarus Moray what is really a tank, despite its size! (and heavier than 8000m kalmar btw). I think you should change the 40mm size to 41mm, it should be still small enough but better for many... now the gap is too large (44 vs 40).

regarding movement - my vote is for 9015, only because the price is better, I like 2892 far more, but...
    mdsaitto likes this.
    Dive watch fanatic since 2010

RVP

i like short markers)

There is a clear vote for the short marker on my FB pages with 23 answers and also in the WUS. Therefore I will go with the shorter second marker. I will also check with my dial factory if its possible to lume the second marker like it was done on the CH6, but Im not sure this is possible due to their size and position on the rehaut.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O Watch View Post
    There is a clear vote for the short marker on my FB pages with 23 answers and also in the WUS. Therefore I will go with the shorter second marker.
    ... And this is the same conclusion you reached before in the other thread.

Jeesh

RD
    mekenical and Thai_John like this.

I will also check with my dial factory if its possible to lume the second marker like it was done on the CH6, but Im not sure this is possible due to their size and position on the rehaut.
    Personally spoken i prefer the perfect lining of this small lines in the rehaut becaus they are an eye-catcher.
    If this perfekt lining is possible with lume ok - i have doubts - but otherwise i think normal paint should also bring a good result.

I'm ok with the short markers, doesn't bother me. Loving that sterile bezel, very cool
    I like G-Shoc....I mean Gulfmans

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    There is a clear vote for the short marker on my FB pages with 23 answers and also in the WUS. Therefore I will go with the shorter second marker.
    ... And this is the same conclusion you reached before in the other thread.

Jeesh

RD
    +1 Lol

I will also check with my dial factory if its possible to lume the second marker like it was done on the CH6, but Im not sure this is possible due to their size and position on the rehaut.
    So, not to back-pedal or anything, but let's say, for example, that the factory comes back and says, "we can't lume the small markers, but if you want longer markers between the dial markers lumed, we can do that", then I would change my vote to long markers.

For me, having lumed markers is the way to go if possible even if it means a slight design modification. That's going to have a cool effect when lit

Clemens, you make awesome innovative watches. I think its excellent that you involve your customers in the process, but ultimately, I trust in your designs.

I'll rest easy and be a happy customer regardless of the minute markers.

However, it would be incongruous of me to not stir the pot mildly, and since the seiko argument seemed to sway you away from the long markers, I would say the short ones make me think of a recently released micro, one that goes about 3500m deep Obviously, I jest, like I said your designs are awesome, and although its fun to have some input, I think your gut will all lead us to very, very nice watches, indeed.

long markers or short, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by dpelle View Post
    Clemens, you make awesome innovative watches. I think its excellent that you involve your customers in the process, but ultimately, I trust in your designs.

I'll rest easy and be a happy customer regardless of the minute markers.

However, it would be incongruous of me to not stir the pot mildly, and since the seiko argument seemed to sway you away from the long markers, I would say the short ones make me think of a recently released micro, one that goes about 3500m deep Obviously, I jest, like I said your designs are awesome, and although its fun to have some input, I think your gut will all lead us to very, very nice watches, indeed.

long markers or short, I'm in.

Or maybe the one coming with the same bezel, but it's 4000m

Page 22 of 186 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread Information