H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD - Page 34
Like Tree2568Likes

Thread: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Page 34 of 186 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Re: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by mekenical View Post
    Thats the way it was made, to match the watch case.

Awesome - like it!
    Difficult to do?
    Artie Lange and mekenical like this.

H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by H2O Watch View Post
    My engineer will work on the next weekend on the H2O rubber strap and the end link, which will allow standard straps to be attached without loosing the look of the bracelet end link. In this case not only normal leather straps could be attached but also ISOFRANE for example.

We will make a H2O MARLIN rubber strap that will also fit to all our other watches and takes over the two groves from the end link. It will be a 24mm/22mm or 22/22mm design and using a butterfly clasp. I´m not sure about the material, because personally I would like to go for the best possible high end rubber material instead of standard EPDM which all my competitors are using.
    Nice. 🏻

Also great to hear you're looking at alternate rubber materials. My reference point for rubber straps is the Oris Aquis. Stuff straps feel inherently cheap (even if they're not).
    Last edited by mitchjrj; October 31st, 2015 at 14:44.
    mekenical likes this.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I hope the new rubber straps will be orange, black
    ianacr and mitchjrj like this.

The brushed/polished bracelet is something we could think about, but maybe brushed is loved by majority and mixed maybe by minority?

My engineer will work on the next weekend on the H2O rubber strap and the end link, which will allow standard straps to be attached without loosing the look of the bracelet end link. In this case not only normal leather straps could be attached but also ISOFRANE for example.
    I love this idea as i mentioned before and showed a picture, makes me very comfortable with using different leather straps.

We will make a H2O MARLIN rubber strap that will also fit to all our other watches and takes over the two groves from the end link. It will be a 24mm/22mm or 22/22mm design and using a butterfly clasp. I´m not sure about the material, because personally I would like to go for the best possible high end rubber material instead of standard EPDM which all my competitors are using. This special rubber material would almost tripple the purchasing costs and would be the same material AP or Hublot are using for their rubber straps. It would withstand sea water or UV rays much better compared to EPDM and last about twice as long. At the end it´s all a matter of product quality we want to reach and price.
    The butterfly (or folding) clasp idea combined with a rubber strap is also a very positiv decision for me, so perhaps i can use it when the two parts are long enough, as i mentioned in an other post.

Clemens, thanks a lot for this information!

I have the feeling that you are reading this thread very carefully and you are open minded for nearly any new or different ideas.
    So in the point of the endlinks and the clasp of the rubber strap.
    Even if not everything will work in the end or is impossible due to the costs - that is another point but the way to make it is really gorgeous.
    Thanks for the possibility to participate!

Danke für das Kompliment!

Our straps are always very long and the H2O rubber strap, when it will be finally made, will be very long to fit 23cm wrists easily. Of course it could be shorted easily to the required length.

The brushed/polished bracelet is something we could think about, but maybe brushed is loved by majority and mixed maybe by minority?
    The polished sections of the bracelet links pick up on the beautiful polished chamfer of the case edge.

But at the same time they do make for a busier looking link structure and take attention from the stunning case which is where it belongs. Plus, a bit of polish to define edges on a case is generally welcome. Polish on a bracelet can become too blingy.

Pro and con either way, but given the choice if I were buying this piece I'd prefer a fully brushed bracelet.
    mekenical likes this.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Our straps are always very long and the H2O rubber strap, when it will be finally made, will be very long to fit 23cm wrists easily. Of course it could be shorted easily to the required length.
    I'm going to throw something out here... By design dive straps need to be long to accommodate the added thickness of a wetsuit. However, out of the water that extra tail becomes a real pain.

To that end perhaps instead of a butterfly clasp (which are great) you consider a fold-under design like the Aquis. That way even for smaller wrists the tail stays neatly tucked out if the way and provides a very clean, polished presentation. To my knowledge none of the other boutiques are doing this.

While finding a suitable fold-under after market replacement would seem to be a good alternative, I challenge anyone to find one that will accommodate the thickness of a rubber strap. There should be more opportunity to source one as an OEM.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Ehre wem Ehre gebührt! (Das orange Ziffernblatt hab ich in der Aufzählung noch vergessen.)

I know, you told me on the phone The rubber info sounds very good to me. This could be a great add on to the steel bracelet or even an alternative to the steel bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjrj View Post
    The polished sections of the bracelet links pick up on the beautiful polished chamfer of the case edge.

But at the same time they do make for a busier looking link structure and take attention from the stunning case
    Polish the case too, I happen to think the H20 bracelet is stunning and fully or partly polished enhances it even more.

As an owner of an Aquis, with one the most appreciated bracelets of any watch, fully brushed just looks too dull.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Artie Lange; October 31st, 2015 at 15:35.

Page 34 of 186 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread Information