H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD - Page 37
Like Tree2534Likes

Thread: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Page 37 of 183 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Re: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

no bling please, tool watch for the win
    nweash likes this.

Moderator DWF & Sales Corner Quicksilver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
    In regards to the rubber strap, i would hope the 22mm version for the 40mm case would be proportionately shorter. There is a strong likely hood that those of us with smaller (7" and smaller) wrists will be the ones wearing the 40mm case and it would be nice not to have a ridiculously long strap that unbalances the design but would fit well on smaller wrists. This all sounds good. In terms of rubber type/quality i like what benetto cinturini does. Something in that calibre for quality and cost would be great. That said maybe there is better out there that i haven't experienced...

Bottom line is there is a lot of good stuff going on in this design...please oh please be affordable (i know we all have definitions of affordable..). The 40mm sizes and possible 9015 movement could really make this a break through watch for h2o.
    Agree 100% and if this to be marketed to ladies and those of us with smaller wrists than a shorter length strap is a necessity. 120/80 or less is what I ask custom strap makers to go with but depends on the L2L of course.
    Having the 9015 should open a whole new segment of the market for you as well. Solid movement that should put this H20 in a lot more hands especially with the current currency craziness in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SteamJ View Post
    I trust Clemens to make the right decision on the finish
    The boss knows best:

Quote Originally Posted by H2O Watch View Post
    I have also produced the DIVE in polished again as there was quite a high demand and I personally like that blinking surface.
    Last edited by Artie Lange; October 31st, 2015 at 21:40.

Sounds like a vote for bushed bracelet. As the bracelet is optional I may offer a certain qty in mixed configuration.

BTW, there is one special feature that might be exclusive for the 44mm version of the H2O Marlin:

The bezel could be interchanged between the H2O KALMAR 2 and the H2O MARLIN 44mm.

So if you own the KALMAR 2 there is a good chance the bezel could be used on both models and vice-versa.
    Please not: This feature must be checked with final product and is NOT guaranteed to work.

I also prefer the brushed version.

Back to the rubber strap.
    Perhaps it is possible beside the case integration to give the strap a little bit of structure (like the Oris rubber straps) and secondary
    it is perhaps possible to integrate the h2o logo (the circle) in the strap in form of an engraving into the rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by H2O Watch View Post
    As the bracelet is optional I may offer a certain qty in mixed configuration.
    Sounds very good to me, when it is not fully polished - only line 2 and 4 of the 5 line bracelet it takes up the polished line of the watchcase (phase) on both sides - should look awesome.

When it is "optional" then when you buy 2 watches you can choose and get the best of 2 worlds (a fully brushed and a mixed configuration bracelet) ...i see my money disappearing in Marlin watches
    ianacr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grama73 View Post
    line 2 and 4 of the 5 line bracelet it takes up the polished line of the watchcase (phase) on both sides - should look awesome.
    It does:
    I think the reverse would be even better, line 1 and 3 and 5 being polished, and 2 and 4 brushed.

But if I have to choose brushed vs. polished, then I agree with Clemens; polished is my favorite as I also like that shiny surface.

RVP

I like polished Orca and will like polished Marlin.
    Artie Lange, Thai_John and ianacr like this.

Rubber strap: never tried AP's but am happy with anything on par with Isofrane.

Clemens, you said your engineer will work next weekend? Poor guy

Xzibit says:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 37 of 183 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 87 137 ... LastLast