H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD - Page 43
Like Tree2530Likes

Thread: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Page 43 of 183 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Re: H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

No problem for me with the end links.

If there was to be a marlin picture I would rather it be in the case back or rotor than the dial.
    I like the clean dials right now.

However any marlin picture starts looking like a Casio I think.
    Omega SMP 2264.50 - Magrette Regatarre 2011 ETA LE version - Tissot PR50 titanium- Timex Ironman - Brathwait Classic Slim SS ​ -Borealis Estoril 300- Steinhart OT500 ETA-Ventus Mori M4

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialAction View Post
    You could be right and I'm ok with that. That said, as pointed out earlier, those end links are huge and nothing special. Seems like a good opportunity to do something with them. Maybe a logo isn't the way to go but it definitely could stand to be improved in some way
    I agree with you and ThaiJohn on the end link. They seems odd on the watch and don't go with it. Also seem to cheapen the look. But that's just my opinion of an early rendering.
    More importantly to me, they seem too substantial... long and tall. They will make the watch appear/wear longer and taller than it is.
    I'd probably not use the bracelet but use straps due to this.

I would love to see two sets of spring bar grooves, one for bracelet and one higher and closer to the case for straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah
    Danny T likes this.
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Automatic Chronograph + Alpiner4 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | MERCER Airfoil | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm SS & Carl Brashear | SCURFA Diver One Silicon & DiverOne PVD Auto| SEIKO SRP PADI | SWATCH Sistem51 black/red & Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom & Urban Chronos |

Ordered--> MWW 62MAS Homage & Equinox, BOREALIS Cascais & Sea Storm

The new end link will probably look more like a piece of the bracelet, similar to the added pieces included with the Torpedo to change the bracelet to other cases, but more refined to match the look of the lugs on the Marlin, and bracelet side, and hide the space in the lug area. I'm sure knowing Clemens it will be a piece of art itself.
    Last edited by mekenical; November 2nd, 2015 at 16:35.
    ianacr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grama73 View Post
    Much better. It's not easy to see because it's so enlarged, but the other dial-bezel combination seems way too busy, over 120 markers.

I think when the case and the endlink are brushed linear it makes a complete different look.
    In addition, when Clemens says the edges are sharper in the endproduct, this will increase the look positive.
    Overall i think it is a good combination of function, stability and design.
    We should always keep the costs in mind. You can surely increase the costs for the endlicks to an outstanding amount but in the end nobody will pay the price.

Same is the Marlin on the dial. Sure this looks great BUT when you make it in a very good quality, with sun stabil colors and so on it will increase the price of the dial a lot and in the end....same story as above.

I personally like this clean dials with not every information possible printed.

A dream could be a rotor with an engraved and enamel coated Marlin which can be seen through the caseback...but i fear the costs of this special thing

Agreed. Knowing him and his ability to envision a perfectly cohesive final product, it'll look just right ! He also has a good eye for aesthetic
    Quote Originally Posted by mekenical View Post
    The new end link will probably look more like a piece of the bracelet, similar to the added pieces included with the Torpedo to change the bracelet to other cases, but more refined to match the look of the lugs on the Marlin, and bracelet side, and hide the space in the lug area. I'm sure knowing Clemens it will be a piece of art itself.
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Automatic Chronograph + Alpiner4 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | MERCER Airfoil | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm SS & Carl Brashear | SCURFA Diver One Silicon & DiverOne PVD Auto| SEIKO SRP PADI | SWATCH Sistem51 black/red & Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom & Urban Chronos |

Agreed. Knowing him and his ability to envision a perfectly cohesive final product, it'll look just right ! He also has a good eye for aesthetic
    Quote Originally Posted by mekenical View Post
    Riddim Driven and mekenical like this.

It not like H2O hasn't put a little something on their divers before - they had Scuba Steve on the OceanicTime 8000m SE...

Name:  H2O Kalmar II OceanicTime Special Edition 8000M 02.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  174.9 KB

OK Maybe not a full color Marlin, but even a chrome outline on the dial (maybe as a n option, instead of the Name or Depth Limit) on one would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharksmile View Post
    It not like H2O hasn't put a little something on their divers before - they had Scuba Steve on the OceanicTime 8000m SE...

Name:  H2O Kalmar II OceanicTime Special Edition 8000M 02.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  174.9 KB

OK Maybe not a full color Marlin, but even a chrome outline on the dial (maybe as a n option, instead of the Name or Depth Limit) on one would be nice.
    No thanks, that's just tacky imo to have a marlin logo/picture on the dial
    I like G-Shoc....I mean Gulfmans

H2O MARLIN - DEVELOPMENT THREAD

I dunno about a metal end link and then fitting a straight lug strap to it. I'm just not a fan of that look, even on the tudor or Rolex. Visually it adds bulk to the case IMO.

I vote 2 spring bar locations which would probably be more cost effective anyways.

I just got my Orca Torpedo in today and the location of the spring bar is PERFECT. I have my sailcloth strap on it and it fits as tight to the case as you can get with ZERO binding of the strap. There is actually a relief machined into the case to allow the strap to move freely at the lug to prevent binding. And the torpedo comes with the fitted end links for the bracelet.

I can only assume the Marlin will be the same. Clemens is a genius.

Last edited by Danny T; November 2nd, 2015 at 21:55.
    Hidden Content
    "Racing - because football, soccer, baseball and basketball only use one ball!"

Page 43 of 183 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Thread Information